Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Liquidity Squeeze/ Rent

Liquidity Squeeze/ Rent

Old Oct 16th 2019, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Liquidity Squeeze/ Rent

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interesting. The apartments at Meydan look alright too, some much nicer but don't seem to be bad.
I've not been inside them but they seem too remote for apartment life. I really loved my canal flat in business bay with everything so near.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

That's a very good deal. Some friends just did similar at Damac Hills, but 3bed 130k.
90k in Mira is good but do you not feel a long way out? We've always lived here and it's so convenient for work (I walk) and downtown etc.
Originally Posted by Millhouse
Although that's a great deal. You could afford a driver cum cleaner and still be on top.
Scamp - its Mira Oasis, so across the road from Mira, the ones currently being released.

As for location, it suits me and the Mrs down to the ground. I'm on site in Masafi at the moment so I'm straight onto the E611 with no traffic in either direction, so its 1hr each way which is epic. From the start of next year I'll be in a similar area on the mountain section of Etihad Rail so that's all good too. Going to the office at the top of SZR ain't the best but I'm hardly there these days and was in Mirdif before, so not too much of a difference. The Mrs works at the Autodrome so for her its perfect too.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Cenary

It also means you live alone and clearly don’t earn much.

Perhaps not unconnected to the fact that you’re on this board 24/7.
​​​​​​​​​​​​� �​ What a bellend.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 8:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I've not been inside them but they seem too remote for apartment life. I really loved my canal flat in business bay with everything so near.
That's a good point. Nothing really to walk to to make it worthwhile.

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Scamp - its Mira Oasis, so across the road from Mira, the ones currently being released.

As for location, it suits me and the Mrs down to the ground. I'm on site in Masafi at the moment so I'm straight onto the E611 with no traffic in either direction, so its 1hr each way which is epic. From the start of next year I'll be in a similar area on the mountain section of Etihad Rail so that's all good too. Going to the office at the top of SZR ain't the best but I'm hardly there these days and was in Mirdif before, so not too much of a difference. The Mrs works at the Autodrome so for her its perfect too.
Good point. I bemoan the drive back to bidnizz bay after Expo meetings. If I was there every day we'd be in Sports City probably.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

That's a very good deal. Some friends just did similar at Damac Hills, but 3bed 130k.
90k in Mira is good but do you not feel a long way out? We've always lived here and it's so convenient for work (I walk) and downtown etc.
Cries in Abu Dhabi...you guys have ridiculously good rents.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 11:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by csdf
Cries in Abu Dhabi...you guys have ridiculously good rents.
Don't be sad, you live in an arguably better city - at least from a pleasant perspective. I'd move to AD in a heartbeat.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Still plenty of opportunities to get cheap rents in Abu Dhabi. You can get a large 2 bedroom apartment in Al Muneera (with private beach) for less than AED 110k these days. Cheaper still in Al Rayyana and Al Reef.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Good point. I bemoan the drive back to bidnizz bay after Expo meetings.
Used to do that drive daily back up to Mirdif at the begining of R2020 (the metro). Truly hateful.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 7:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Used to do that drive daily back up to Mirdif at the begining of R2020 (the metro). Truly hateful.
Getting out of Expo is a doddle now, which is great but the flyover to start Al Khail is rubbish. If that ever gets sorted it'd be such a joy.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Last year i had a 15,000 reduction. LL didnt flinch when i asked for this. He is going to have to drop it by at least another AED12-15000 again next year
Old Oct 17th 2019, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by reddiva
Last year i had a 15,000 reduction. LL didnt flinch when i asked for this. He is going to have to drop it by at least another AED12-15000 again next year
Tumbling prices has one downside unfortunately. Undesirables.
The difference when one beds in this building were 110,000 and now when they're down as low as the 70's and 80's is staggering.
Having worked from home this morning the shift of demographics in our building means that the peace is interrupted with a violent combination of onion and screaming child.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Tumbling prices has one downside unfortunately. Undesirables.
The difference when one beds in this building were 110,000 and now when they're down as low as the 70's and 80's is staggering.
Having worked from home this morning the shift of demographics in our building means that the peace is interrupted with a violent combination of onion and screaming child.
Didn't know we were neighbours.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Didn't know we were neighbours.
Do you regularly try and kill your child? I can only assume that's what would provoke such deafening noise.

Old Oct 17th 2019, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Just chucking in my fil, I pay monthly (no cheques, no contract, nothing), and my landlord reduced my rent by 15% last month, I never asked him to, he said that he tries to be fair with all his tenants and charge a blanket rate across his properties.

There are some good guys out there, i've been here coming up to two years now and never been happier.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Just chucking in my fil, I pay monthly (no cheques, no contract, nothing), and my landlord reduced my rent by 15% last month, I never asked him to, he said that he tries to be fair with all his tenants and charge a blanket rate across his properties.

There are some good guys out there, i've been here coming up to two years now and never been happier.
Of course you have no contract and don't pay in cheques. Pubs don't work like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.