Lions Tour 2013

Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:39 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lions Tour 2013

Afternoon,

I've got a mate moving to Brisbane end of the year and a great excuse to visit Aus is that + Lions (we're both big rugby fans).

Does anyone know how ticketing works? All I can find at the moment is extortionate tour prices (including 2 tests and other games and flights and shit from the UK)...or people flogging ones they have or don't have already for 220-400 quid.

Any help much appreciated.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lions Tour 2013

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Afternoon,

I've got a mate moving to Brisbane end of the year and a great excuse to visit Aus is that + Lions (we're both big rugby fans).

Does anyone know how ticketing works? All I can find at the moment is extortionate tour prices (including 2 tests and other games and flights and shit from the UK)...or people flogging ones they have or don't have already for 220-400 quid.

Any help much appreciated.
I'm working on a couple of ideas but I won't know anything for a month or three yet.......
Old Aug 28th 2012, 4:13 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
I'm working on a couple of ideas but I won't know anything for a month or three yet.......
OK...any tips please mate?

Struggling to find the source
Old Aug 28th 2012, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

Probably easiest for your mate to get them in Oz?

I did the sa tour in '97, and the old man has been on the last two. Got tickets for the first couple of tours through our club in the UK, and the last sa tour he got them through england membership.

Certainly remember that for the last tour there were ballots at both our club and for members of the England rsc so being in two ballots helped. It used to be the only way of getting them without being appended to a vastly expensive tour being guided by a guy who played up front for Vale of Lune in the '70's who'd spend the entire time regaling you about the biggest poo he'd ever done.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 4:55 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins View Post
Probably easiest for your mate to get them in Oz?

I did the sa tour in '97, and the old man has been on the last two. Got tickets for the first couple of tours through our club in the UK, and the last sa tour he got them through england membership.

Certainly remember that for the last tour there were ballots at both our club and for members of the England rsc so being in two ballots helped. It used to be the only way of getting them without being appended to a vastly expensive tour being guided by a guy who played up front for Vale of Lune in the '70's who'd spend the entire time regaling you about the biggest poo he'd ever done.
Brilliant...I can't stand those guys "I played Wales under 17's, had to stop of course, I got my sister pregnant you see"

Pal doesn't move down there until January 2013 and these things are normally sold out well in advance.

Not been a member of a club in years and never found it helpful getting tickets that way, Dad and I used to just buy off touts for England games.

Thanks for the help though, will keep digging.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried asking on the Australia Forum?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:39 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by mentalist View Post
Have you tried asking on the Australia Forum?
****. Great shout.

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2012, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

I'd forgotten that there is a warm up game in HK against the barbarians. I got tickets for that over the weekend no bother at all.

I know it isn't a test against the jafa's, but a lions match in HK is not one to miss.

Bring on June 2013!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 6:51 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins View Post
I'd forgotten that there is a warm up game in HK against the barbarians. I got tickets for that over the weekend no bother at all.

I know it isn't a test against the jafa's, but a lions match in HK is not one to miss.

Bring on June 2013!
Which site did you get the ticket from, I've looked around but only seem to be packages available?

Cheers!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
Which site did you get the ticket from, I've looked around but only seem to be packages available?

Cheers!
You can get them through the Hong Kong Football Club. Helps if you are a member, but not essential. They are selling them to non-members (I think until the 10th Sept so get your skates on!) but you have to send a cheque. If you've got someone in HK who can do this for you then you should be sorted. Link below.

http://www.hkfcyouthrugby.com/lionst...rder/index.php