Lions Final Test

Old Jul 9th 2017, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lions Final Test

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not a bad idea.

The only time I've ever seen any upset at TMO decisions is in the rugby when it's the 9th try of a rout and nobody in the stadium thought it wasn't a try and going to TMO is a waste of time.

Other than that, it doesn't spoil the game. The sides can ben getting ready for the next stage, quick huddle, quick chat. It is what it is.

3 challenges might be generous. One per half? Lose it if it's wrong?
A little bit American but it works in the NFL where the referees / umpires go to a hut with a screen and review the play before making a decision.
I meant 3 challenges in total per game. Once you have used it, right or wrong its gone. Thats one every 30 mins of play....

I don't think it would slow the game at all, especially with all the BS time wasted you have with the players crying to the ref. Would also give a bit of time for some hand bags once the ref is busy elsewhere. Winner!

What do you think about 90 mins being 90 mins.... rugbyesque. Clock is stopped and restarted. It would remove all the BS time wasting we currently have.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 10:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Nevermind, can't wait for months and years of Kiwi whining.

and they have already started.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 4:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
But an NFL game takes 3 hours with constant stoppages and changes of personnel so the interruption is less intrusive in what is already a (ridiculously) fragmented set of activities. Think of even three challenges per team in a football match and how disruptive it would be???
That's down to the game itself though, mostly. It's the style of play. Football is open and flowing, American Football is a series of set plays.

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I meant 3 challenges in total per game. Once you have used it, right or wrong its gone. Thats one every 30 mins of play....

I don't think it would slow the game at all, especially with all the BS time wasted you have with the players crying to the ref. Would also give a bit of time for some hand bags once the ref is busy elsewhere. Winner!

What do you think about 90 mins being 90 mins.... rugbyesque. Clock is stopped and restarted. It would remove all the BS time wasting we currently have.
Yeah, those challenges might work. I just think too many means more stops. 1 or 2 per game means using wisely and unlucky if you wasted. Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing it at all.

Rugby type clock - yeah, I wouldn't mind that at all actually. I wonder how many minutes the ball is actually in play in football. I wonder if it would make the games and seasons harder for players or no difference. Might be good to run some test matches and see.

Originally Posted by BEVS
and they have already started.
They're normally alright as fans but this series their media and others have let a lot of them down I think. Lions tours are about a touring side coming and trying, not belittling them and behaving so arrogantly.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

More retrospective action would be good but even that's a bit of a joke. Lack of consistency from one incident to the next depending on the team / player etc, ages to announce they will look at an incident, ages to make a decision, appeals that allow them to delay any ban so they can play in a certain game, if the ref saw / dealt with it meaning it is closed etc etc.

I think challenges could work. Say three per game at the choice of the captain / manager and only for sendings off, red cards, second yellows, offsides (play the whistle), claims of simulation..... after you've used your 3 tough titties. Similar approach to rugby where the ref asks the question and the chaps behind the screen gives him a concise answer 30-60 secs later.
we have it in international field hockey games. 1 challenge per team. If they are right or their is no conclusive decision then they keep the challenge. If they are wrong they lose it. The Umpires can also ask the TMO if they are not sure.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
we have it in international field hockey games. 1 challenge per team. If they are right or their is no conclusive decision then they keep the challenge. If they are wrong they lose it. The Umpires can also ask the TMO if they are not sure.
Surely the first challenge gets used up by the men complaining when they have to wear matching skirts?
Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the first challenge gets used up by the men complaining when they have to wear matching skirts?
outfielders probably. Keepers not
Old Jul 10th 2017, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
outfielders probably. Keepers not
Keepers are too busy eating boiled children for breakfast or whatever it is they do to make themselves so unbelievably brave / stupid / tough / daft.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps with football they could introduce 3 adjudicators on the touch to hold up score cards for the best dive...rather like come dancing! In the event of a draw, the outcome could fall down to most points garnered by diving theatrics!~
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Keepers are too busy eating boiled children for breakfast or whatever it is they do to make themselves so unbelievably brave / stupid / tough / daft.
think stupid and daft are the 2 main qualities.

boiled children are incredibly bland for breakfast!
Old Jul 12th 2017, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

A bit like wicket keepers in "The Summer Game" then. Jack Russell (who was a wicketkeeping AND a goalkeeping coach) anyone?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 11:11 am
Banned

Newandimprovediggles is an unknown quantity at this point

It was awesome to watch, i was there. I saw the Lions beat the All Blacks and then weirdly draw in Eden Park.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newandimprovediggles
It was awesome to watch, i was there. I saw the Lions beat the All Blacks and then weirdly draw in Eden Park.
Good stuff Big Man.

Welcome to the bored....
Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newandimprovediggles
Lol you have returned
Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Good stuff Big Man.

Welcome to the bored....
Too swift of a return to really be the same person, surely?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 1:31 pm
Banned

Newandimprovediggles is an unknown quantity at this point

Too swift of a return to really be the same person, surely?
Today; You looked on my LinkedIn profile 3 minutes after i applied for a job, why no call back bestie?

I read the "bored" daily, i enjoy the banter though it seems abit dead since i left (no offense guys)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.