British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Lingerie question- Controlwear (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/lingerie-question-controlwear-667929/)

kittycat1 May 12th 2010 12:54 pm

Lingerie question- Controlwear

Hi all,

I'm working on a controlwear range and just curious what brands people wear? does anyone swear by a particular brand? Spanx? Trinny and Susannah? Miraclesuit? own label? also what does everyone feel is the most important thing- to be smooth and seamfree? to offer high support? significant measurement reduction? to look glamourous? And lastly what shapes does everyone wear? Bodysuit, cincher, high leg high waisted, low leg high waisted, bodyshaper (so with the boobs cut out so you can wear your own bra)?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Boys if you have have any relevant sensible worthwhile feedback your welcome to contribute. I've noticed alot of lingerie brands are now doing mens support ranges so back to the mens girdle it is!

Kittycat
xxx

shiva May 12th 2010 1:17 pm

Re: Lingerie question- Controlwear

eat less, do more

Meow May 12th 2010 1:28 pm

Aren't they just the modern version of an 18 hour girdle?

I don't wear any of them. They look terrifically uncomfortable and rather sweaty.

-

MataHari May 12th 2010 1:38 pm

never wear any of that stuff...I could perhaps imagine wearing it back home under thick winterclothes, but here to have an extra layer would be madness! From what I remember after one of my pregancies I have worn 'control pants' and they feel quite nice when you first put them on, but after a while I just wanted to tear them off as I felt like I was suffocating....

MataHari May 12th 2010 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8560547)
eat less, do more

exactly...
and if the clothes you want to wear don't fit and you need to shrinkwrap yourself to get into them, then you are obviously wearing either the wrong size or the wrong shape/style...

Alexa May 12th 2010 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8560502)
Hi all,

I'm working on a controlwear range and just curious what brands people wear? does anyone swear by a particular brand? Spanx? Trinny and Susannah? Miraclesuit? own label? also what does everyone feel is the most important thing- to be smooth and seamfree? to offer high support? significant measurement reduction? to look glamourous? And lastly what shapes does everyone wear? Bodysuit, cincher, high leg high waisted, low leg high waisted, bodyshaper (so with the boobs cut out so you can wear your own bra)?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Boys if you have have any relevant sensible worthwhile feedback your welcome to contribute. I've noticed alot of lingerie brands are now doing mens support ranges so back to the mens girdle it is!

Kittycat
xxx

Way too uncomfortable. Tried those half leg/tummy suck in thingies once...thought I had died and gone to hell.

Madam Medusa May 12th 2010 3:12 pm

don't they just redistribute the flesh elsewhere...so if you've got the big pants, it just pushes it all up over the top and makes you look worse, lol...?

dunno...i know some people who swear by spanx...

MM, xx

coffindodger May 12th 2010 3:15 pm

Iknow some people that like to be spanx. :thumbup::thumbup:

Madam Medusa May 12th 2010 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 8560727)
Iknow some people that like to be spanx. :thumbup::thumbup:

hahaha, whilst wearing spanx or letting it all hang out...?

MM, xx

coffindodger May 12th 2010 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8560733)
hahaha, whilst wearing spanx or letting it all hang out...?

MM, xx

Well we could go 50 / 50 or even phone a friend , but i would not ask the mafia ha ha

lionheart May 12th 2010 3:49 pm

So what does controlwear actually control? Its the first time I've heard of it.

MataHari May 12th 2010 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8560798)
So what does controlwear actually control? Its the first time I've heard of it.

it controls your fatty bits...although they would have to go somewhere, so usually you see big lumps appear in weird places...

http://www.weddingworld.freeuk.com/pl50069.jpg

kittycat1 May 12th 2010 4:11 pm

Think Bridget Jones knickers- Controlwear is a massive market in lingerie, basically modern day corsetry, with modern technology you an get seam free smoothing product that give light support ie spanx through to the more traditional control garments that can reduce your waist by 4 inches and flatten out your stomach and lift your bits that need lifting and as much as the whole eat less do more philosophy is right the majority of women want to hold everything in at some point in their life, even size 10 women wear support wear so its not just for the fuller figures and with Saudi women leaning towards the plumper side its got a huge audience here. Its also an area that has had massive technolgy developments over the last couple of years so product can do more and is more comfortable, its quite amazing how much it an change your figure. With corset training principles its also possible to permanently adjust your figure through controlwear!

Millhouse May 12th 2010 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8560821)
it controls your fatty bits...although they would have to go somewhere, so usually you see big lumps appear in weird places...

http://www.weddingworld.freeuk.com/pl50069.jpg

That has got to be one of the least sexy imagines I have seen.

Imagine the disappointment when you tack back tinwing from the alley pally only for her to revel that she is pre-double bagged.

don't they just push the fat to somewhere else?

Millhouse May 12th 2010 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8560847)
With corset training principles its also possible to permanently adjust your figure through controlwear!

sorry, but that is bollocks.