British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Life purpose, can you help? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/life-purpose-can-you-help-795326/)

Eva Apr 27th 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10681372)
Depression is a physical disorder that requires a doctor attention, normally medications bring things under control quite easily. There is nothing wrong , however, with the way you are thinking because those thoughts eventually blossom into a new hope and a shift of purpose. And also remember, and I quote a verse from a poem:

“When everything else fails, Faith remains the only floating buoy in the turbulent sea of life”

Red shark,
Honestly,you are a revert ain't you?

Meow Apr 28th 2013 6:17 am

For those posters who have made negative comments, this really is a case of 'if you have nothing good to say, say nothing'.

I suggest you take a long hard look at yourselves and let's hope you never need any help. Frankly I am disgusted. It doesn't matter whether we are familiar with this poster, or even if you doubt the veracity. Any post of this nature isn't the place for wisecracks. :frown:

Irishbeekeeper Apr 28th 2013 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10681650)
For those posters who have made negative comments, this really is a case of 'if you have nothing good to say, say nothing'.

I suggest you take a long hard look at yourselves and let's hope you never need any help. Frankly I am disgusted. It doesn't matter whether we are familiar with this poster, or even if you doubt the veracity. Any post of this nature isn't the place for wisecracks. :frown:

Sandboy Apr 28th 2013 6:24 am

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10681032)
FFS, that's not very helpful. The GCC isn't America, guns are hard to come by. Razor blades are abundant and cheap. Remember, up and down, not across.

Are you 13 years old ? Absolute arsehole

nonthaburi Apr 28th 2013 6:51 am

to the OP , why don't you try doing something new to take your mind off things , travel to new places, learn a language , get a new hobby , exercise more , painting , gardening . all very good for you mentally .

britexpat76 Apr 28th 2013 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10681650)

:amen:

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 28th 2013 7:19 am

As Meow suggested - try and unload what's bothering you on someone. Whether a professional or personal friend?

Have you got family with you? Can you go home to see the family?

Discard the stuff you can't control that's bugging you and get control of how you feel about the things you can change. Work on those first and the rest will become insignificant.

Shit might seem bad today, but once it's out, you just wipe and move on...

NorthernLad Apr 28th 2013 7:54 am

Originally Posted by happy.beleiver (Post 10680772)
I am living on the verge of chronic depression. Please consider this seriously before replying. I am in my late 40s, Having a good job, earning excellent tax free money in the gulf, have comfortable savings, decent relationships but lost a good friend who passed away recently due to private jet crash in france alps ...I am questioning myself about the purpose of our heart actually beating..the purpose of this life? is it all about a money making exercise ? Hard work ? raising kids? If one day we will leave all this behind and will be forgotten in the underground! what's next?

I lost a very good friend (we were each others best-men) a few years ago, it was nine weeks after his wedding and was killed in a road accident.

It was a shitty time, the only advice I have is to plod on, that is human nature. The problem I expect you are facing is that you think about the meaning of life too much, why we are here etc.. (that's what went through my head). It took me a lot of time to get over his death, it's now been four years and now it's only the good memories I think of.

Some people go to counselling which should not be classed as being a weakness - I am lucky in that my wife put up with my moods and sulkiness (she also knew him well) until I sorted myself out. It really does help to spend time with a mutual friend of the person who died...a weekend on the lash with them will likely result in some tears, but ultimately it helps.

shiva Apr 28th 2013 7:57 am

Step1) don't expect help here
Step2) you say you have comfortable savings so plan to get the **** out of KSA ASAP
Step3) see a doctor
Step4) talk to someone not post on here ( we will likely make it worse)
Step5) get out of Saudi for the weekend doesn't matter where you go just not the kingdom of doom
Step6) realise there is no purpose to life beyond procreation. Accept that. Have fun practising some more then realise life is short. You can either spend it worrying about purpose or do shit that makes you happy. It really is that simple, choose to be miserable and upset yourself or choose to try make yourself happy, either way only you can choose and act. Oh and anti depressants and talking and shit help but its still ultimately and internal choice

flares May 1st 2013 6:50 am

Originally Posted by happy.beleiver (Post 10680772)
I am living on the verge of chronic depression. Please consider this seriously before replying. I am in my late 40s, Having a good job, earning excellent tax free money in the gulf, have comfortable savings, decent relationships but lost a good friend who passed away recently due to private jet crash in france alps ...I am questioning myself about the purpose of our heart actually beating..the purpose of this life? is it all about a money making exercise ? Hard work ? raising kids? If one day we will leave all this behind and will be forgotten in the underground! what's next?

I wouldn't say I was anywhere near depression but I occasionally have the same questions. Normal no? Answer is 'life's too short' and I use that as an excuse for jollies/life experiences. Maybe when I reach late 40s it will hit harder. Dunno.

Chin(s) up old bean.

And it's actually spelt Belieber...baybe baybe baybe

MataHari May 1st 2013 7:58 am

looks like he never came back to check if anyone has replied...which always puzzles me, why ask a question and not read the replies.

Millhouse May 1st 2013 8:02 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 10686497)
looks like he never came back to check if anyone has replied...which always puzzles me, why ask a question and not read the replies.

I'm fearing the worst

MataHari May 1st 2013 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10686503)
I'm fearing the worst

yeah...he must be out on a massive bender

Millhouse May 1st 2013 8:06 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 10686504)
yeah...he must be out on a massive bender

or in the queue outside Life Works.

MataHari May 1st 2013 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10686507)
or in the queue outside Life Works.

looking like a twat?