Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Life purpose, can you help?

Life purpose, can you help?

Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:12 am
Just Joined

happy.beleiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life purpose, can you help?

I am living on the verge of chronic depression. Please consider this seriously before replying. I am in my late 40s, Having a good job, earning excellent tax free money in the gulf, have comfortable savings, decent relationships but lost a good friend who passed away recently due to private jet crash in france alps ...I am questioning myself about the purpose of our heart actually beating..the purpose of this life? is it all about a money making exercise ? Hard work ? raising kids? If one day we will leave all this behind and will be forgotten in the underground! what's next?
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:15 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life purpose, can you help?

From your other posts I take it you're in KSA?

I would suggest that this board is not really the place to seek advice of the type you need. Do you have any friends who would let you unload for a couple fo hours? Knowing you have some support can be very helpful.

Depression is surprisingly common so may I suggest that you go and see a decent GP who will provide the initial support you need. Taking a mild anti-depressant can help you deal with things on a day to day basis, but if matters are serious you may need some counselling.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Happy Believer,

I agree with Meow this isn't the place to seek help for depression- most of the guys on here will more than likely pass you the razor blades.

Seek some professional help and they can help you get through this. Having suffered with depression myself, I know how tough it is to see any sort of light at the end of the tunnel when you are in a dark place but it does come eventually and it's worth getting through the tough times for. Professional help will help you get through this a whole lot quicker than doing it on your own.

The samaritans are worth calling if you are in deepest despair and feel you have noone. http://www.samaritans.org/ I believe you can even email them now you don't have to call which can be hard to pick up the phone.You are never on your own and remember that.

Good luck HB

KC
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:51 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

I think when you lose someone you really care about you question your own mortality and if not careful can sink into a really dark place if you don't try to keep going and I dont think any of us know what it's all about, how can we ??

At least your mate went quickly and in relative comfort

Cliche I know but always someone worse off, concentrate on the positives....

I have good days and bad days, more good ones recently after losing both my parents and my father in law close together recently.....so I can relate in a small way and know that dark place you could be approaching.

Chin up pet !!! If its that bad...go and talk to someone, helps to offload....youre not that bad off ( based only on what you have said so far (....honestly ....
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

eat a bullet. FFS does this look like a board that gives medical advice? See a doctor, or much a pack of pills. I could care less.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
eat a bullet.
FFS, that's not very helpful. The GCC isn't America, guns are hard to come by. Razor blades are abundant and cheap. Remember, up and down, not across.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
From your other posts I take it you're in KSA?

I would suggest that this board is not really the place to seek advice of the type you need. Do you have any friends who would let you unload for a couple fo hours? Knowing you have some support can be very helpful.

Depression is surprisingly common so may I suggest that you go and see a decent GP who will provide the initial support you need. Taking a mild anti-depressant can help you deal with things on a day to day basis, but if matters are serious you may need some counselling.
and some how you thought this was better information to provide a critical moment in her life than the very bloody obvious?

It is spelt believer!
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

eat a bullet. FFS does this look like a board that gives medical advice? See a doctor, or much a pack of pills. I could care less.
Originally Posted by mikewot
FFS, that's not very helpful. The GCC isn't America, guns are hard to come by. Razor blades are abundant and cheap. Remember, up and down, not across.
and some how you thought this was better information to provide a critical moment in her life than the very bloody obvious?

It is spelt believer!
You are both ******s
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I asked an Egyptian doctor in KSA about the cure for depression. He said,"My precription is simple, leave KSA - and take me with you !" AQbout a year lkater I did - but left the unlucky Egyptian GP in the desert !
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
You are both ******s
Surely they're useful things?
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:48 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

a change of scenery is definitely recommended
being close to you age group I must admit there are some days when i just get tired of it all and just want to sleep, like for a week!
fortunately i have my family around me to keep me bouncing
maybe u need to go on a trip, a trip to a non-tourist area
maybe Fujairah in the UAE? since your already in the area-ish
just a thought mate
Old Apr 27th 2013, 9:48 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

In response to your post,I think you mean 'munch"
Also think the expression you are familiar with is 'I couldn't care less'
Lucky you,gorgeous Brazilian wife and beautiful baby boy,blessed ain't you?
Lottery of life shone on you.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 9:56 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Another neutral post by Mike the Moderator..!!! (Shocking choice of Mod Sue!)
****ing chocks away..
Have you ever been to hunting exhib at Adex?
You can buy any classification of firearm you want.

Last edited by Eva; Apr 27th 2013 at 10:17 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by happy.beleiver
I am living on the verge of chronic depression. Please consider this seriously before replying. I am in my late 40s, Having a good job, earning excellent tax free money in the gulf, have comfortable savings, decent relationships but lost a good friend who passed away recently due to private jet crash in france alps ...I am questioning myself about the purpose of our heart actually beating..the purpose of this life? is it all about a money making exercise ? Hard work ? raising kids? If one day we will leave all this behind and will be forgotten in the underground! what's next?
I first joined this forum under very similar circumstances,except I was younger..
and had a fall back position of a successful local family business.
Personal losses caused me to question purpose.....
No-one ever provided the answer.I had to do that.
Just keep posting...ignore the blowhard wankers.
Your perspective might help me....
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by happy.beleiver
Depression is a physical disorder that requires a doctor attention, normally medications bring things under control quite easily. There is nothing wrong , however, with the way you are thinking because those thoughts eventually blossom into a new hope and a shift of purpose. And also remember, and I quote a verse from a poem:

“When everything else fails, Faith remains the only floating buoy in the turbulent sea of life”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.