British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Life purpose, can you help? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/life-purpose-can-you-help-795326/)

happy.beleiver Apr 27th 2013 11:12 am

Life purpose, can you help?
 
I am living on the verge of chronic depression. Please consider this seriously before replying. I am in my late 40s, Having a good job, earning excellent tax free money in the gulf, have comfortable savings, decent relationships but lost a good friend who passed away recently due to private jet crash in france alps ...I am questioning myself about the purpose of our heart actually beating..the purpose of this life? is it all about a money making exercise ? Hard work ? raising kids? If one day we will leave all this behind and will be forgotten in the underground! what's next?

Meow Apr 27th 2013 1:15 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 
From your other posts I take it you're in KSA?

I would suggest that this board is not really the place to seek advice of the type you need. Do you have any friends who would let you unload for a couple fo hours? Knowing you have some support can be very helpful.

Depression is surprisingly common so may I suggest that you go and see a decent GP who will provide the initial support you need. Taking a mild anti-depressant can help you deal with things on a day to day basis, but if matters are serious you may need some counselling.

kittycat1 Apr 27th 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 
Hi Happy Believer,

I agree with Meow this isn't the place to seek help for depression- most of the guys on here will more than likely pass you the razor blades.

Seek some professional help and they can help you get through this. Having suffered with depression myself, I know how tough it is to see any sort of light at the end of the tunnel when you are in a dark place but it does come eventually and it's worth getting through the tough times for. Professional help will help you get through this a whole lot quicker than doing it on your own.

The samaritans are worth calling if you are in deepest despair and feel you have noone. http://www.samaritans.org/ I believe you can even email them now you don't have to call which can be hard to pick up the phone.You are never on your own and remember that.

Good luck HB

KC

Poshy Apr 27th 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 
I think when you lose someone you really care about you question your own mortality and if not careful can sink into a really dark place if you don't try to keep going and I dont think any of us know what it's all about, how can we ??

At least your mate went quickly and in relative comfort :o

Cliche I know but always someone worse off, concentrate on the positives....:thumbsup:

I have good days and bad days, more good ones recently after losing both my parents and my father in law close together recently.....so I can relate in a small way and know that dark place you could be approaching.

Chin up pet !!! If its that bad...go and talk to someone, helps to offload....youre not that bad off ( based only on what you have said so far (....honestly .... :cool:

Brains1983 Apr 27th 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 
eat a bullet. FFS does this look like a board that gives medical advice? See a doctor, or much a pack of pills. I could care less.

mikewot Apr 27th 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 10681027)
eat a bullet.

FFS, that's not very helpful. The GCC isn't America, guns are hard to come by. Razor blades are abundant and cheap. Remember, up and down, not across.

Brains1983 Apr 27th 2013 4:17 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10680880)
From your other posts I take it you're in KSA?

I would suggest that this board is not really the place to seek advice of the type you need. Do you have any friends who would let you unload for a couple fo hours? Knowing you have some support can be very helpful.

Depression is surprisingly common so may I suggest that you go and see a decent GP who will provide the initial support you need. Taking a mild anti-depressant can help you deal with things on a day to day basis, but if matters are serious you may need some counselling.

and some how you thought this was better information to provide a critical moment in her life than the very bloody obvious?

It is spelt believer!

Patsy Stoned Apr 27th 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 10681027)
eat a bullet. FFS does this look like a board that gives medical advice? See a doctor, or much a pack of pills. I could care less.


Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10681032)
FFS, that's not very helpful. The GCC isn't America, guns are hard to come by. Razor blades are abundant and cheap. Remember, up and down, not across.


Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 10681037)
and some how you thought this was better information to provide a critical moment in her life than the very bloody obvious?

It is spelt believer!

You are both ******s

scot47 Apr 27th 2013 4:23 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 
I asked an Egyptian doctor in KSA about the cure for depression. He said,"My precription is simple, leave KSA - and take me with you !" AQbout a year lkater I did - but left the unlucky Egyptian GP in the desert !

mikewot Apr 27th 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10681041)
You are both ******s

Surely they're useful things?

Irishbeekeeper Apr 27th 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 
a change of scenery is definitely recommended
being close to you age group I must admit there are some days when i just get tired of it all and just want to sleep, like for a week!
fortunately i have my family around me to keep me bouncing
maybe u need to go on a trip, a trip to a non-tourist area
maybe Fujairah in the UAE? since your already in the area-ish
just a thought mate

Eva Apr 27th 2013 9:48 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 10681027)
eat a bullet. FFS does this look like a board that gives medical advice? See a doctor, or much a pack of pills. I could care less.

In response to your post,I think you mean 'munch"
Also think the expression you are familiar with is 'I couldn't care less'
Lucky you,gorgeous Brazilian wife and beautiful baby boy,blessed ain't you?
Lottery of life shone on you.

Eva Apr 27th 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10681032)
FFS, that's not very helpful. The GCC isn't America, guns are hard to come by. Razor blades are abundant and cheap. Remember, up and down, not across.

Another neutral post by Mike the Moderator..!!! (Shocking choice of Mod Sue!)
****ing chocks away..
Have you ever been to hunting exhib at Adex?
You can buy any classification of firearm you want.

Eva Apr 27th 2013 10:08 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 

Originally Posted by happy.beleiver (Post 10680772)
I am living on the verge of chronic depression. Please consider this seriously before replying. I am in my late 40s, Having a good job, earning excellent tax free money in the gulf, have comfortable savings, decent relationships but lost a good friend who passed away recently due to private jet crash in france alps ...I am questioning myself about the purpose of our heart actually beating..the purpose of this life? is it all about a money making exercise ? Hard work ? raising kids? If one day we will leave all this behind and will be forgotten in the underground! what's next?

I first joined this forum under very similar circumstances,except I was younger..
and had a fall back position of a successful local family business.
Personal losses caused me to question purpose.....
No-one ever provided the answer.I had to do that.
Just keep posting...ignore the blowhard wankers.
Your perspective might help me....

redShark Apr 27th 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Life purpose, can you help?
 

Originally Posted by happy.beleiver (Post 10680772)
I am living on the verge of chronic depression. Please consider this seriously before replying. I am in my late 40s, Having a good job, earning excellent tax free money in the gulf, have comfortable savings, decent relationships but lost a good friend who passed away recently due to private jet crash in france alps ...I am questioning myself about the purpose of our heart actually beating..the purpose of this life? is it all about a money making exercise ? Hard work ? raising kids? If one day we will leave all this behind and will be forgotten in the underground! what's next?

Depression is a physical disorder that requires a doctor attention, normally medications bring things under control quite easily. There is nothing wrong , however, with the way you are thinking because those thoughts eventually blossom into a new hope and a shift of purpose. And also remember, and I quote a verse from a poem:

“When everything else fails, Faith remains the only floating buoy in the turbulent sea of life”


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:06 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.