British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Life After Moyes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/life-after-moyes-831933/)

mentalist Apr 22nd 2014 12:02 pm

Life After Moyes

So who do you think will be in the hot seat next season? Personally I was hoping for another season of Moyes if only to keep the Red Devils umpteen points behind the Citizens like they are right now.

Bahtatboy Apr 22nd 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Life After Moyes

Unfair to blame this season's performance on Moyes. SAF had a shite first season, too...

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 22nd 2014 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11229014)
Unfair to blame this season's performance on Moyes. SAF had a shite first season, too...

SAF left him with a bang average squad.

Admittedly, that squad won the league last year, but they haven't replaced Vidic / Ferdinand, Van Pizzle has been injured, they still haven't replaced Scholes (Fletcher's been out for so long). Young, Kagawa, Mata (his fault?), Nani etc haven't performed.

Moyes was never the right guy, but jesus I feel sorry for the bloke.

Bahtatboy Apr 22nd 2014 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11229057)

Admittedly, that squad won the league last year, but they haven't replaced Vidic / Ferdinand, Van Pizzle has been injured, they still haven't replaced Scholes (Fletcher's been out for so long). Young, Kagawa, Mata (his fault?), Nani etc haven't performed.

****, I woudn't go that far. 5 million quid a year (including bonuses, of which there won't be many, I'd imagine) and a pay-off of 10 million? You could pillory me in public all you like for that.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 22nd 2014 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11229066)
****, I woudn't go that far. 5 million quid a year (including bonuses, of which there won't be many, I'd imagine) and a pay-off of 10 million? You could pillory me in public all you like for that.

Oh, agreed on that front.

He apparently will only get a one year pay off, because he didn't get CL footie. Who knows if true.

Van Gaal seem bookies favourite, by a country mile.

britexpat76 Apr 22nd 2014 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11229057)

Purchasing Fellani was a big nail in his coffin. That guy is shite.

mentalist Apr 23rd 2014 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11229069)
Van Gaal seem bookies favourite, by a country mile.

Shouldn't they be looking for somebody younger? Mark Hughes might be interested.;)On a more serious note, I hear that some United fans want Harry Redknapp! If I was a United fan, my choice would be Ancelloti, still only 55 but he may not want to leave Real Madrid this year.

NorthernLad Apr 23rd 2014 6:04 am

Not sure how much of this is truth, but this sort of behaviour from these overpaid shitheads would not surprise me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ted-stars.html

TheShed Apr 23rd 2014 6:55 am

I am heartbroken that he has been sacked. :P

co durham boy Apr 23rd 2014 8:02 am

Big clubs need big managers in charge , all the CL contenders have big big coaches and characters . It just goes with the territory in modern football and Moyes is not and never will be in that category .

Also too many of the old guard at United didn't do their upmost in my opinion , most of all that wanker Ferdinand along with Vidic and Evra . Theses players should have been the glue to bond his first season but they took the foot off the gas and watched it implode . The gap left by Fergie is massive , he had far too much control and say at that football club . You will never see the like of it again . Its ironic that one of his final decisions was an absolute stinker.

They think they should have Guardiola but would settle for Klopp but will end up with Van Gaal on a short term deal . The dark horse money's on Ancelotti though , i reckon he's got a point to prove after the way those wankers at Chelsea treated him .

NorthernLad Apr 23rd 2014 9:00 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11230287)
Its ironic that one of his final decisions was an absolute stinker.

Or maybe he wanted this...'I'm not having anyone taking over who will overshadow what I've done'.

Bahtatboy Apr 23rd 2014 9:54 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11230372)
Or maybe he wanted this...'I'm not having anyone taking over who will overshadow what I've done'.

That wouldn't suprise me.

If the stories of the players' insubordination is true, its appalling (and, appallingly, not suprising). Might give up watching.