libraries in Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:44 am
Just Joined

redf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default libraries in Abu Dhabi

I did some search on whether there are public libraries in AD and discovered that there aren't any. Is this still the case?

Are there any private libraries which has a good selection of board (baby's) books and books for 1-3year olds?

Our 1 year old loves books and we go to the public library to borrow board books every 3 weeks.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 7:05 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: libraries in Abu Dhabi

I think you'll be better going to bookshops. I've been in Abu Dhabi a couple of years and never noticed a library...am sure they have them though.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

The Club at Mina has a library but I think it's for their members only.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:33 am
Just Joined

is that the one by the mothers support group in abu dhabi? I just discovered that it exists. Will give them a shout.
thnaks
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redf
is that the one by the mothers support group in abu dhabi? I just discovered that it exists. Will give them a shout.
thnaks
the mothers support group i am assuming is abu dhabi mums. the club does have a library but for members only. the thrift shop at st andrews has books also they have a library attached to the church. there is house of prose but that has now closed down in ab dabs its in dxb now.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:01 am
Just Joined

yes the group you mentioned.

Would I have to join the group as memeber or The Club to gain access to the library?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am sure you would need to join the Club since Club members also have to pay an extra fee if they want the library facility. Best to check with the reception next time you are there with AD Mums.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:37 am
Just Joined

thanks. Any idea how good the library is wrt children's books?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redf
yes the group you mentioned.

Would I have to join the group as memeber or The Club to gain access to the library?
yes u need to join the club to gain access to the library, but waitings lists for that.