Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Let's All Laugh @ Rangers

Let's All Laugh @ Rangers

Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:28 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's All Laugh @ Rangers

Originally Posted by co durham boy
i second that....Chomp
Aye..
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

[QUOTE=commander;9900827You soft southern fat english wankstain. You support southampton..you have no footbal credabiltiy.

And I would take a Glasgwegian over a scummer anyday.

[/QUOTE]

1. Yes, I'm from the South of England, that INSTANTLY makes me better than you, don't you know?
2. Yes, I'm technically fat. I'm six foot two and weight 16.5 stone. According to the BMI I'm actually dead.
3. English yes, but my Father is Scottish, so you're half right actually.
4. I do support Southampton, you've read that part well.
5. Southampton may not be a 'big club', but where you a born and therefore who you should support (in my opinion it should be your local team) doesn't automatically result in a 'big club'. Nor does it mean that an opinion mean less.

Please, feel free to bite again with any other intelligent questions / comments and I'd be more than happy to offer explanations.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

It's bad enough the SPL being dominated by two mediocre "big" clubs, but just one?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:22 am
Just Joined

wilsonc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Rangers are a big football club with great tradition and great support all over the world. It's a bit sad to see any club got to the wall when you're a football supporter regardless of what team it is.

Scottish football is dead in the water and has been for years , the standard is piss poor because there's just not the money in their game.

Another nail in footballs coffin i think not just Rangers or the Scottish league
Scottish football suffers, as the old firm - commonly known as "two cheeks of the same arse" drain all the money out the game. They need each another and have thrived on bigotry to get where they are. To Scotlands detriment as a whole.

Rangers have cheated by not paying upto 50M in tax thru the 2000's. If they lose the tax case which it looks like they will, then they should be stripped of all titles and cups won during this time.

If they were say a cyclist or runner that cheated with drugs, they would be quickly stripped of ill gotten gains. the same should happen to rangers.

Cheats must not be allowed to prosper. They should be liquidated and not allowed back in.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:37 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say I am a fan of Rangers or Scottish club football in general, but I would be unhappy to see them go. Bigotry or not in the game, shite or not they still have a long history in the game.

What I don't understand is the unrealistic expectations of the supporters and for that matter the owners. Can they not be happy with a reasonably profitable club doing well domestically and the odd foray into European football every now and then.
This is the normal operation of almost every European club, who are not expecting to win the champions league at the start of every season. If you look at Holland, Belgium, Denmark etc the domestic leagues may be shite (in absolute terms compared to FCB, Real etc.) but you don't see them pump millions in vain into attempts to win the champions league.

They do well in their league and keep afloat, might not be the stuff of legends but its what football is actually about.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:58 am
Just Joined

wilsonc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Can't say I am a fan of Rangers or Scottish club football in general, but I would be unhappy to see them go. Bigotry or not in the game, shite or not they still have a long history in the game.

What I don't understand is the unrealistic expectations of the supporters and for that matter the owners. Can they not be happy with a reasonably profitable club doing well domestically and the odd foray into European football every now and then.
This is the normal operation of almost every European club, who are not expecting to win the champions league at the start of every season. If you look at Holland, Belgium, Denmark etc the domestic leagues may be shite (in absolute terms compared to FCB, Real etc.) but you don't see them pump millions in vain into attempts to win the champions league.

They do well in their league and keep afloat, might not be the stuff of legends but its what football is actually about.
The bigotry drives them and celtic to spend money they did not have. They have to be 1st or 2nd. Anything else and a large chunk of there support dies away, as has been shown at various points at both grounds.

They need each another. They try and hoover up every football fan from John O'Groats to Belfast/Dublin and care nothing about Scottish football.

If rangers die, which hopefully they will, . Then a fairer spread of the money and success will be in the Scottish game. Celtic could develop young players instead of buying foreign journeymen, without the pressure of competing with the other (deceased) cheek.

Scottish football will only be a winner as I see it.

and Celtic, along with most clubs(not sure about Hearts!) have also paid there taxes, not systematically tried to cheat the authorities to win.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:26 am
Account Closed

tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point

scottish football should be integrated with the english league like they've been promising for years. if rangers and celtic were both in championship/premier league they could attract a far higher television audience, better sponsors and thus make more money. yet most scots are fiercly independent. the solution to attracting better players and more money is simple...

might improve your piss poor international set up as well...
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tayls123
scottish football should be integrated with the english league like they've been promising for years. if rangers and celtic were both in championship/premier league they could attract a far higher television audience, better sponsors and thus make more money. yet most scots are fiercly independent. the solution to attracting better players and more money is simple...

might improve your piss poor international set up as well...
If those they were integrated does anyone really think any teams would be good enough for the Permiership? That I suspect is one of the reasons most want to remain apart.

Last edited by Meow; Feb 14th 2012 at 10:40 am.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:37 am
Account Closed

1 or 2 years in the championship...if they are good enough they will boss that league and compete in premier league. if not chuck them in the premier league and if they arent good enough at that point they drop out of it. either way makes for interesting watching
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

1 or 2 years in the championship...if they are good enough they will boss that league and compete in premier league. if not chuck them in the premier league and if they arent good enough at that point they drop out of it. either way makes for interesting watching
The thing is, as was mentioned, Scotland are desperate for full independence. At the moment the Scottish Parliament are allowed to decide which days the bins are collected and nothing really else.

I don't mind if Scotland are independent as it seems to be heading that way, great, why not.....but that probably rules out the opportunity of sharing a football league.

They'd get stiffed on cash too, R and C would take the greatest share, the rest would be pushed aside, then of course the Welsh would moan etc

It's a lose lose I think.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scamp
The thing is, as was mentioned, Scotland are desperate for full independence. At the moment the Scottish Parliament are allowed to decide which days the bins are collected and nothing really else.

I don't mind if Scotland are independent as it seems to be heading that way, great, why not.....but that probably rules out the opportunity of sharing a football league.

They'd get stiffed on cash too, R and C would take the greatest share, the rest would be pushed aside, then of course the Welsh would moan etc

It's a lose lose I think.
agreed.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

UEFA rules insist in the case of "smaller" nations (who only get one place, unlike England, Germany, etc) that you have to win your domestic league to get to the prelim qualifying bit of the Champions League - does anyone think Rangers and Celtic would be happy finishing 14th in the English Prem, while watching Motherwell reach the CL?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:00 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
If those they were integrated does anyone really think any teams would be good enough for the Permiership? That I suspect is one of the reasons most want to remain apart.
Celtic and rangers would be at least as good as any of the mid to bottom premiership teams.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:02 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by The Dean
UEFA rules insist in the case of "smaller" nations (who only get one place, unlike England, Germany, etc) that you have to win your domestic league to get to the prelim qualifying bit of the Champions League - does anyone think Rangers and Celtic would be happy finishing 14th in the English Prem, while watching Motherwell reach the CL?
champions league qualifiers not the actual CL
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:04 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Scamp
The FA are a non political organisation, I doubt independence or not of Scotland will make any difference to whether the league can combine or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.