Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Let me start another sportsthread...

Let me start another sportsthread...

Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:31 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let me start another sportsthread...

Holland 4 - France 1
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let me start another sportsthread...

stop it...

MM, xx
Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 14th 2008, 6:11 am
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
Holland 4 - France 1
Don't know much about football. Can you explain the offside rule please?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:55 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Holland 4 - France 1
best game so far,

Holland could very well win this, they were brilliant.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
best game so far,

Holland could very well win this, they were brilliant.
ohhhhhh...don't jinx it...
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:57 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scarletfan
Don't know much about football. Can you explain the offside rule please?
As explained to a woman, SF..........

"You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:05 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhhhh...don't jinx it...
they are my adopted team, I love holland and the football they play,

can you teach me a few words please miss?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

they are my adopted team, I love holland and the football they play,

can you teach me a few words please miss?
what sort of words would you like to learn son...
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:08 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Holland 4 - France 1
I thought of you as I was glancing at the match.

Happy with the result?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:08 pm
why ayeeeee man!

what sort of words would you like to learn son...
'get in there!'
'what a goal!
'where did I put my clogs?'

that sort of thing miss
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:14 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
I thought of you as I was glancing at the match.

Happy with the result?
I felt that...lovely feeling and all..
oh jeez...how can you not be happy...I love Arjen Robben, the way he scored straight after the French one...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...the crowd just went completely wild...
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:15 pm
hmmmm...nice

'get in there!'
'what a goal!
'where did I put my clogs?'

that sort of thing miss
schop 'm erin..
wat een doelpunt...
waar zijn mijn klompen...
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:17 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

I felt that...lovely feeling and all..
oh jeez...how can you not be happy...I love Arjen Robben, the way he scored straight after the French one...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...the crowd just went completely wild...
I was too busy laughing at one of the commentators taking the mick out of one of the French players name.

Think he said something along the lines of "great name for the french player - Go in and miss" or, something like that anyway.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:19 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
I was too busy laughing at one of the commentators taking the mick out of one of the French players name.

Think he said something along the lines of "great name for the french player - Go in and miss" or, something like that anyway.
"go in and miss" Now that's gotta suck!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.