Lest we forget

Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Lest we forget

Originally Posted by mikewot
Don't forget that most servicemen completely condemn people l
Of course, I agree.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Defending our rights in Afghanistan ? We should never have intervened in that war. Those who made the decision to intervene have blood on their hands.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:36 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Defending our rights in Afghanistan ? We should never have intervened in that war. Those who made the decision to intervene have blood on their hands.
But it was not the soldiers who made that decision, it was the politicians who will argue that it was the will of the people who elected them.
I personally completely agree with you, I have no idea why our politicians still believe that the UK should be one of the world's policemen. It is our soldiers who are paying the price in blood and lost limbs (not to mention trauma and PTSD).

Actually PTSD is a strange one. I nearly lost my life in Cyprus in 1977 and was awarded the Queens Commendation for Brave Conduct. Afterwards I thought I was going crazy with the dreams I was having. Now they call it PTSD and I feel better that it's not just me who felt like I did, it's got an actual name
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Actually PTSD is a strange one. I nearly lost my life in Cyprus in 1977 and was awarded the Queens Commendation for Brave Conduct. Afterwards I thought I was going crazy with the dreams I was having. Now they call it PTSD and I feel better that it's not just me who felt like I did, it's got an actual name
This explains SO much.

(credit where it's due, that's a cool medal/award to get....)
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:46 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
This explains SO much.
Leave it!!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

They used to call it "Shell Shock" ! On 11 November let us remember all the victims of wars. Ignore the politicos who use this as a time to justify their illegal and immoral foreign wars.