British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Lest we forget - 6 February 1958 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/lest-we-forget-6-february-1958-a-512097/)

the bat Feb 8th 2008 3:26 pm

Re: Lest we forget - 6 February 1958

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5903765)
not sure you can class the Sun as evidence!

well yes, i suppose you are right on the button with that one,

benzonar Feb 9th 2008 4:35 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5893326)
So I trust you stood up and said something to them to get them to stop, or did you just tut, .....thereby by 'condone" it ?

Nope, we ambushed them towards the bottom of Warwick Road. Police prescence was light that day with it being a "youth" game.

You come across as the typical ABU with nothing original to say, just carry on blowing your bubbles and revel in mediocrity. Thanks for Tevez btw :thumbsup:

The Dean Feb 9th 2008 4:40 am

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 5907362)
Nope, we ambushed them towards the bottom of Warwick Road. Police prescence was light that day with it being a "youth" game.

You come across as the typical ABU with nothing original to say, just carry on blowing your bubbles and revel in mediocrity. Thanks for Tevez btw :thumbsup:

Benz,

Leave the poor Hammer alone - it's not a fair fight - one of your brain cells against all of his..... he doesn't stand a chance.

He's even forgotten that WHU once bid GBP 2 million for Mick Harford....... he sensibly rejected the move, as did his then club (who I follow). WHU of course had previously been the employers of David "Psycho" Cross, a man not fit to lace MH's boots..........

(.......... nor Mick Harford's for that matter........ !!!)

BangleMan Feb 9th 2008 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 5907362)

Ambushed them.....Oooohhh, I bet they must have been quaking in their boots, all those tough Surrey Man U fans, dont make me laugh !!!..............I wish I could say you came across as something too, , anything at all really...., but sadly you dont, just carry on watching Man U in your armchair there's a good boy !:thumbsup:

BangleMan Feb 9th 2008 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5907375)
Benz,

Leave the poor Hammer alone - it's not a fair fight - one of your brain cells against all of his..... he doesn't stand a chance.

He's even forgotten that WHU once bid GBP 2 million for Mick Harford....... he sensibly rejected the move, as did his then club (who I follow). WHU of course had previously been the employers of David "Psycho" Cross, a man not fit to lace MH's boots..........

I didnt forget, and boy could you guys do with £2 now, never mind £2m......you should have taken it, maybe you wouldn't be going out of business someday soon !!......Such a shame, nice club like Luton:(

Eva Feb 9th 2008 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5907375)
Benz,

Your sig is offensive-Chelsea's cute...lose the words Dean.

BangleMan Feb 9th 2008 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 5909597)
Your sig is offensive-Chelsea's cute...lose the words Dean.

Are u defending my honour Eva ?

Eva Feb 9th 2008 8:33 pm

Big enough to defend your own....allegedly
No Dean's avi is Chelsea Clinton
His sig is an attempt at humour but falls short.

The Dean Feb 10th 2008 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 5909652)
Big enough to defend your own....allegedly
No Dean's avi is Chelsea Clinton
His sig is an attempt at humour but falls short.

What is your problem with my signature? Who says it's an attempt at 'humour'?.......... I think it's quite a moving quote.

lionheart Feb 10th 2008 3:01 pm

Just watched the game. Wonderful stuff...it's really great to beat the old enemy twice in a season.

Eva Feb 10th 2008 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5912302)
What is your problem with my signature? Who says it's an attempt at 'humour'?.......... I think it's quite a moving quote.

Yes I agree your current quote is quite moving- St Paul? and of course the famous last words of a Dutch Hatmaker's brave daughter.I referred tot the signature displayed at 2116-100208-you replied 1508-110208-having edited the sig about bouncing cheques.
You really think I am as daft as you look?

Inselaffen Feb 10th 2008 5:17 pm

was great to see everybody in the stadium observe the minutes silence with respect!

as for the match with one or two exceptions the man united players didnt deserve to wear the shirts!

The Dean Feb 10th 2008 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 5912650)
Yes I agree your current quote is quite moving- St Paul? and of course the famous last words of a Dutch Hatmaker's brave daughter.I referred tot the signature displayed at 2116-100208-you replied 1508-110208-having edited the sig about bouncing cheques.
You really think I am as daft as you look?

Do I think you are daft? Is that your question?

Well if you think I have already posted something on the ELEVENTH of Feb, then yes..........

Eva Feb 10th 2008 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5912826)
Do I think you are daft? Is that your question?

Well if you think I have already posted something on the ELEVENTH of Feb, then yes..........

Ummmmmmm.....you posted this.

ha ..........on the Tenth..! Jeez doesn't time fly didn't I get it wrong?
But you know the sig I was referring to