Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Lest we forget - 6 February 1958

Lest we forget - 6 February 1958

Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lest we forget - 6 February 1958

Originally Posted by Eva
Ah well, suppose I'm another one queueing for Ins..............loving your mind!
its a long queue but you are welcome to join it!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
how come you support West Ham! arent you an essex boy? and my geography may not be perfect (as the quiz proves every week) but I do not believe that the Hammers are located in Essex!

stop being a glory hunter and get down to the Daggers

Fine for you to mince in now...while me a defenceless bird-cos MM can't last the pace is giving it the old D'Artagnan(cute)......
and your very alanced arguement is what?

Bring me back to old SYB............
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:04 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

how come you support West Ham! arent you an essex boy? and my geography may not be perfect (as the quiz proves every week) but I do not believe that the Hammers are located in Essex!

stop being a glory hunter and get down to the Daggers
From home to Upton Park is about 11 miles......and as an existing season ticket holder, and one of 18 years.....think I can safely say that I follow them !
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
From home to Upton Park is about 11 miles......and as an existing season ticket holder, and one of 18 years.....think I can safely say that I follow them !
So you ain't from close to Upton Park. How many smaller clubs are closer than 11 miles! You Glory hunter!!

as for me my father supported Man united and went to the 68 final. His father and all his brothers supported United. Was never any question of supporting anyone else even though Liverpool dominated football during my formative years!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:11 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

So you ain't from close to Upton Park. How many smaller clubs are closer than 11 miles! You Glory hunter!!

as for me my father supported Man united and went to the 68 final. His father and all his brothers supported United. Was never any question of supporting anyone else even though Liverpool dominated football during my formative years!
My father also supports United......and it shames me to say that I was born in Sale, but thankfully moved South when I was 4 and became a "Suvvvennnorr"
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Fine for you to mince in now...while me a defenceless bird-cos MM can't last the pace is giving it the old D'Artagnan(cute)......
and your very alanced arguement is what?

Bring me back to old SYB............
was otherwise occupied! and it was certainly more pleasurable than spending a night posting on the bored
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry, support-catchment-area-wise, for Leyton Orient - if you draw a triangle connecting Arsenal's, Tottenham's and West Ham's grounds, Orient are inside it........

....... and as a Bedfordshire boy who actually DOES support Luton Town, who are in danger of disappearing any day now, I'm all too aware of what the 'big' clubs have that the small ones don't.
Hammer for Life

[QUOTE=Inselaffen;5901190]So you ain't from close to Upton Park. How many smaller clubs are closer than 11 miles! You Glory hunter!!

QUOTE] You have a point, cos there are about 250 over Hackney Marshes.....you're right....I must be a glory hunter !!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My father also supports United......and it shames me to say that I was born in Sale, but thankfully moved South when I was 4 and became a "Suvvvennnorr"
that explains the penchant for shandy!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=BangleMan;5901225]

QUOTE] You have a point, cos there are about 250 over Hackney Marshes.....you're right....I must be a glory hunter !!
I knew you would see reason!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:15 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by The Dean
I feel sorry, support-catchment-area-wise, for Leyton Orient - if you draw a triangle connecting Arsenal's, Tottenham's and West Ham's grounds, Orient are inside it........

....... and as a Bedfordshire boy who actually DOES support Luton Town, who are in danger of disappearing any day now, I'm all too aware of what the 'big' clubs have that the small ones don't.
They derserve to go under anyway, for all the years they had that plastic pitch, and for Mick Harford and Steve"Headband" Foster !!!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:17 pm
Hammer for Life

that explains the penchant for shandy!
The "glass" variety I take it !
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:19 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

was otherwise occupied! and it was certainly more pleasurable than spending a night posting on the bored
I can immediately think of at least 127 things more pleasuraeble than posting here.I am too happy to know that now you are happy.Just ask her if you can still do the difficult Q's...............Loving you two.Get it on(one smoke 2 many)
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

They derserve to go under anyway, for all the years they had that plastic pitch, and for Mick Harford and Steve"Headband" Foster !!!
Look out - the irrational hatred of Luton by West Ham fans.

Plastic pitch? It was legal, it was a bold experiment - and it didn't work - and remember, they eventually tore it up voluntarily - BEFORE those pitches were banned.

Mick Harford? A legend who should have played for England - but didn't...

Steve Foster? An end leg who shouldn't have played for England - but did....

Nobody "deserves" to go under......... and certainly not when recommended by the fan of a team who included Billy Bonds and Frank Lampard (senior) in their ranks........... Lampard's IQ never knowingly rose above room temperature, to my certain knowledge.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:22 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean

Can't you be a man/trani-we don't care-and judge the best answer to your Q

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.