Lending money?

Old Jan 24th 2013, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice
Default Re: Lending money?

Is the outstanding job done through his own company? If that is the case I guess it shouldn't be too hard to find a company that is buying the invoice against immediate payment of most the the invoice's worth.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

No... definitely don't do it darling. If he is that desperate for the money then he can sell the car and the other stuff to raise it. He sees you as an easy touch..it will end in tears.
Just explain to him that this money is for your house deposit and you just can't risk it. If he is a true friend he will understand, if not he will snub you... then you will know what sort of a friend he is.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 3:09 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

No. Don't be soft.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 3:21 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
No... definitely don't do it darling. If he is that desperate for the money then he can sell the car and the other stuff to raise it. He sees you as an easy touch..it will end in tears.
Just explain to him that this money is for your house deposit and you just can't risk it. If he is a true friend he will understand, if not he will snub you... then you will know what sort of a friend he is.
what she says
Old Jan 24th 2013, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

if he has collateral he can sell to repay you then why not sell it now to raise the funds in the first place
If he needs the money that desperately, then he should sell his car and get a hire car for a while.
If he is that desperate for the money then he can sell the car and the other stuff to raise it.
+1

BTW, I assume that you have been speaking with him about it over the phone? There are scams going around where hacked facebook accounts etc are used.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all the advice guys, appreciate it loads.

I have spoken to him and we have found a comfortable ground that helps him and is pretty risk free for me, I don't want to go into the details but it's a solid solution, which guarantees I will get the money back.

Just to make it clear I have asked on here as I know other people have been put in a similar situation and I wanted general feedback as to whether people lend this kind of money (to anyone)or not, It's not that I don't trust him, but lending such a large amount of money takes me way out of my comfort zone and I would be nervous loaning such an amount to anyone.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 4:24 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Look at it from another angle, you moved out here, have found it difficult at times but put up with it. Worked hard, all for a deposit for a house.

Are you going to risk losing all of that?
Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:28 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Thank you for all the advice guys, appreciate it loads.

I have spoken to him and we have found a comfortable ground that helps him and is pretty risk free for me, I don't want to go into the details but it's a solid solution, which guarantees I will get the money back.

Just to make it clear I have asked on here as I know other people have been put in a similar situation and I wanted general feedback as to whether people lend this kind of money (to anyone)or not, It's not that I don't trust him, but lending such a large amount of money takes me way out of my comfort zone and I would be nervous loaning such an amount to anyone.
Can you lend me a tenner....
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Never lend money.

Oh, and a contract etc. means nothing when dealing with a friend/ family. You'd never enforce your rights anyway, so no point in wasting the effort drawing it up.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Never lend money.

Oh, and a contract etc. means nothing when dealing with a friend/ family. You'd never enforce your rights anyway, so no point in wasting the effort drawing it up.
Try telling that to Ethos.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Round-Bum is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you've resolved this, hopefully it'll work out well for both parties

We once lent a very good friend around £3.5K, knowing that he was desperate for it and would pay it back. He took on two extra part time jobs to be able to pay it off and pay it off he did.

Problem was, it came back in bits and bobs. £25/£50 one week, £100 a few weeks later... in the end, very little of it went back into the savings we worked so hard for and was, instead, lost into the abyss of day to day spending.

I wouldn't change things - he needed help and we were able to offer it - but, although we didn't actually lose money (excepting interest), it felt as though we did.

Outside close family there are maybe three people I would trust enough to do this for.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Round-Bum
Outside close family there are maybe three people I would trust enough to do this for.
How interesting. There is actually only one person I would lend money to (my best friend whom I trust entirely). My family immediate ... not a chance.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

claimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kix
Can you lend me a tenner....
Kix, can you split that and lend me a fiver?
Old Jan 25th 2013, 9:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

You don't enjoy it here that much by you stick it out so you can save for a deposit for a house, for you, for your hard work, for your future.

You're being very selfish not lending the money and risking chucking it all away.

Old Jan 25th 2013, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Round-Bum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
How interesting. There is actually only one person I would lend money to (my best friend whom I trust entirely). My family immediate ... not a chance.
Well, OK, close family is a little different. My mother and my two kids I wouldn't really expect to see repaid (although I know my mum would want to and the kids would make a half hearted effort. For a while ), so more a gift. As they'd only ask if they were really desperate, I don't mind that and would adjust my own finances accordingly (without leaving myself in the mire, obviously). Brother and sister would definitely do their utmost to pay me back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.