Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Lehman Brothers teeters on verge of collapse as Barclays pulls out

Lehman Brothers teeters on verge of collapse as Barclays pulls out

Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:10 am
Banned

AlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to all
Default Re: Lehman Brothers teeters on verge of collapse as Barclays pulls out

Originally Posted by The Dean
Indigo??

Isn't that where Indie goes.......?
No, that's "Indiego", pronounced exactly the same, though. I am truly too easy to tease by things like "Chocolate samosas", but I have met the chef and I liked the guy, and he liked my stuff, so!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:50 am
Banned

AlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AlmostPregnant
No, that's "Indiego", pronounced exactly the same, though. I am truly too easy to tease by things like "Chocolate samosas", but I have met the chef and I liked the guy, and he liked my stuff, so!
Ah, too good to be true, TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE:
"Senior vice-president, 55 years old, in Lehman since 1983, every penny earned invested in a very tall pile of company's stock options: "15 millions USD vanished in front of my eyes, all my pension's savings, gone".

From "La Repubblica" online

R-O-T-F-L-L-L!!! Poor dear, the pension's savings!

Ah, it looks that those 20,000 plus without a job but with a certain banking experience are looking internationally for a position, dare I say...Singapore? Or maybe a small emirate very dynamic, financially speaking...
Better they speak a decent Urdu!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Lehman Brothers teeters on verge of collapse as Barclays pulls out

Originally Posted by Charismatic
HBOS is the clear choice for a sound, low risk investment for tomorrow .
Yay , probably to be bought by TSB @ 300p, currently 140if anyone else fancies a bit of pure speculation .
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:48 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Yay , probably to be bought by TSB @ 300p, currently 140if anyone else fancies a bit of pure speculation .
Sorry I meant 200p.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

If Halifax goes then at least we will have no more of that Howard annoying twat.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:33 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by benzonar
If Halifax goes then at least we will have no more of that Howard annoying twat.
Lets hope...

Well some of us have done our bit in the name of shameless self interest , IndieG can scorn me later (rightfully it has to be said) for my wreckless speculation . It's sad to see another one bit the dust , let's hope any staff cuts are only minor . Let's hope that this is adjustment is over quickly.

It's very worrying how little real progress has been made economically in the US and UK since the mid-late 90's , lets hope the comming elections will change leadership. Geordos policy of stopping boom & bust (tax, borrow and spend instead!) has actually left a quite stagnent UK economy and a lot of debt so the next government won't have an easy time cleaning up the mess.

Good night all!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

that deserves the award for best use of smileys in a post...ever!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:41 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by jvr20
that deserves the award for best use of smileys in a post...ever!
Roflylolers!!! I always knew I'd win an award, I just thought it'd be a Darwin award TBH.

So RBS next? [Watch this space].
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlmostPregnant
Ah, too good to be true, TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE:
"Senior vice-president, 55 years old, in Lehman since 1983, every penny earned invested in a very tall pile of company's stock options: "15 millions USD vanished in front of my eyes, all my pension's savings, gone".

From "La Repubblica" online

R-O-T-F-L-L-L!!! Poor dear, the pension's savings!

Ah, it looks that those 20,000 plus without a job but with a certain banking experience are looking internationally for a position, dare I say...Singapore? Or maybe a small emirate very dynamic, financially speaking...
Better they speak a decent Urdu!

I geddit - because he was rich and now has nothing, despite working and believing in the same company for 25 years he is worth laughing at?

Charmless.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:20 am