British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Legends of Ska (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/legends-ska-598046/)

lionheart Mar 17th 2009 7:06 am

Legends of Ska

Sounds like this might be an enjoyable bash.:thumbup:

Legends of Ska
Come and see the original legends of Ska all on one stage!
Featuring Rankin’ Roger of The Beat, Neville Staple from The Specials and Pauline Black from The Selecter- performing all their great Ska hits from Ghost Town to Mirror in the Bathroom
Irish Village, Dubai
Thursday, April 9, 2009

Doors open 7pm Dhs95

B Bear Mar 17th 2009 7:12 am

Re: Legends of Ska

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7387477)

Legends of Ska
Featuring Rankin’ Roger of The Beat, Neville Staple from The Specials and Pauline Black from The Selecter- performing all their great Ska hits from Ghost Town to Mirror in the Bathroom
Irish Village, Dubai
Thursday, April 9, 2009

Doors open 7pm Dhs95

Wow that is a good lineup.

Spugsy Mar 17th 2009 8:50 am

Legends of Ska
Irish Village, Dubai
Thursday, April 9, 2009

Doors open 7pm Dhs95

how though? Do they all have bands?? Or one band to play with them all?

Madam Medusa Mar 17th 2009 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7387710)
how though? Do they all have bands?? Or one band to play with them all?

kinda sounds like they will be doing it together...sounds great, am defo going to try to go along...

MM, xx

Spugsy Mar 17th 2009 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7387808)
kinda sounds like they will be doing it together...sounds great, am defo going to try to go along...

MM, xx

aye it sounds good to me, I love the old ska stuff.

lionheart Apr 5th 2009 8:50 am

Just thought a reminder would be good...

Apr 09 Irish Village, Garhoud
Come and see the original legends of Ska all on one stage! Featuring Rankin’ Roger of The Beat, Neville Staple from The Specials and Pauline Black from The Selecter- performing all their great Ska hits from Ghost Town to Mirror in the Bathroom! Accompanied by an amazing original six piece Ska band… this truly live show is not to be missed!

So grab your pork pie hat, get your rude boy style on and have a night out to remember!
Tickets only AED95

BangleMan Apr 5th 2009 9:02 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7452769)
Just thought a reminder would be good...

Apr 09 Irish Village, Garhoud
Come and see the original legends of Ska all on one stage! Featuring Rankin’ Roger of The Beat, Neville Staple from The Specials and Pauline Black from The Selecter- performing all their great Ska hits from Ghost Town to Mirror in the Bathroom! Accompanied by an amazing original six piece Ska band… this truly live show is not to be missed!

So grab your pork pie hat, get your rude boy style on and have a night out to remember!
Tickets only AED95

tried to get tickets the other night at Irish Village but box office was closed, so assume I can just pick them up on the night if we get there for 7pmish....what do you reckon oh wise one ?

lionheart Apr 5th 2009 10:15 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7452784)
tried to get tickets the other night at Irish Village but box office was closed, so assume I can just pick them up on the night if we get there for 7pmish....what do you reckon oh wise one ?

Somewhere I think it says that tickets can be obtained on-line or on the door. I never buy in advance unless a sell-out looks inevitable so will leave it to the last minute. Also we have a family of four staying with us and not sure if the teenagers will be allowed in so may call them first.

Madam Medusa Apr 5th 2009 11:42 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7452897)
Somewhere I think it says that tickets can be obtained on-line or on the door. I never buy in advance unless a sell-out looks inevitable so will leave it to the last minute. Also we have a family of four staying with us and not sure if the teenagers will be allowed in so may call them first.

it's over 21s, i just called to ask cos we have a teenager staying...tickets will be available on the night they said...

MM, xx

BangleMan Apr 5th 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7453087)
it's over 21s, i just called to ask cos we have a teenager staying...tickets will be available on the night they said...

MM, xx

over 21 ?.....bugger, that counts me out then....

Sky Blue Apr 5th 2009 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7453113)
over 21 ?.....bugger, that counts me out then....

71 not 21, you'll be fine...

The eyes start to go at your age dont they... 2 and 7s...

BangleMan Apr 5th 2009 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7453160)
71 not 21, you'll be fine...

The eyes start to go at your age dont they... 2 and 7s...

huh....there wasn't a '7' in the post you dope....

All that playing with yourself, is really starting to affect your reading ability, ....your Mum did warn ya, but would you listen...

BangleMan Apr 9th 2009 6:21 am

Legends of Ska
Irish Village, Dubai
Thursday, April 9, 2009

Doors open 7pm Dhs95

I have polished the Jam shoes, ironed the tonic suit and Ben Sherman button down shirt, dug the parka coat out, touched up the target on the back of it, and am now ready for tonight.....who else is going ?

Sky Blue Apr 9th 2009 6:26 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7465166)
I have polished the Jam shoes, ironed the tonic suit and Ben Sherman button down shirt, dug the parka coat out, touched up the target on the back of it, and am now ready for tonight.....who else is going ?

Hope you are driving your Vespa down the IV?

BangleMan Apr 9th 2009 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7465176)
Hope you are driving your Vespa down the IV?

Yep, have the foxtail fluttering away on the big aerial on the back