Leaving Checklist

Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leaving Checklist

one of my buckets is full and I'll be out of here over the summer but with holidays and Ramadan I realise there isn't really much time left so what do I need to do ? I'm particularly wary because my boss got arrested for a 5 year old etisalat bill on arrival last week

ETISALAT
SHOWTIME
DEWA
VISA
EMIRATES ID
EGATE ? ( might just keep that and see if it works when I return )
NATIONAL BONDS
FLOG CAR
BANK ACCOUNT
CREDIT CARDS

what have I forgotten ?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:25 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Checklist

Originally Posted by Sandboy View Post
ETISALAT
what have I forgotten ?
Mobile phone account as well as landline/TV package.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
Mobile phone account as well as landline/TV package.
I'll be checking everything to do with that lot, like I said boss was handcuffed and driven to Fujairah because of them last week
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:38 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

one of my buckets is full and I'll be out of here over the summer but with holidays and Ramadan I realise there isn't really much time left so what do I need to do ? I'm particularly wary because my boss got arrested for a 5 year old etisalat bill on arrival last week

ETISALAT
SHOWTIME
DEWA
VISA
EMIRATES ID
EGATE ? ( might just keep that and see if it works when I return )
NATIONAL BONDS
FLOG CAR
BANK ACCOUNT
CREDIT CARDS

what have I forgotten ?
Driving license? Gas company (if in a flat on 'contract').
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
Driving license? Gas company (if in a flat on 'contract').
no gas and licence is handy for hiring in UK, it expires soon anyway
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:10 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Hooker tab.

(beat you to it Millhouse)
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:11 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

keep in mind that Dewa will take a few days to get your final bill, so you need to go to Dewa office, bring your passport/visa and a copy of this, with a letter saying you want to disconnect per such and such date and request for the final bill to be issued. They will then call you when it's done (well, thats what they say, but they don't so you call them after a few days) and then you go and pay. You will have paid a security deposit, either 1000 dhs (apartment) or 2000 dhs (villa) so they will settle against that.
If Dewa is in your company name, you will need to bring letter from company with stamp (they lurve stamps) and a copy of the trade license and just to be safe a copy of the passport of the person whose name in on the license.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:14 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

oh and now a days, a lot of landlords want to see the final bill with the PAID stamp on it before you can get your security deposit back that you paid to the landlord. This is to do with the fact that under the new rules, Dewa won't connect a property that has an outstanding bill on it, so landlords will make sure that its all paid to avoid any hassle with the new tenant.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:35 am
hmmmm...nice

and as a general note, people have now been turned away from Dewa offices for not wearing approriate clothing, in this case women who wore short sleeves.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to cash in National Bonds before you leave as non-residents can hold them.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
You don't need to cash in National Bonds before you leave as non-residents can hold them.
interesting ta

house + dewa all in the company name so they can sort that once I'm gone but cheers anyway MH
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

been here 10 years and managed to avoid the magic kingdom

finish line in sight and my multiple entry visa arrives today
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:40 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

been here 10 years and managed to avoid the magic kingdom

finish line in sight and my multiple entry visa arrives today
Nothing as depressing as having a Saudi visa in your possession. Actually that's a lie; living in the shit hole is far more depressing

Have fun