Last day of school...

Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:16 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last day of school...

and then the endless holiday starts...
judging by what I read on other forums I am the only mother that isn't looking forward to school finishing...apparently all other kids suddenly sleep in in the mornings allowing their mums to do the same...mine will be up at 6 as usual, and the first thing she will ask is 'what are we going to do today'...arrgghhhh
anyway...I am thinking of having a few little breaks with her by going to stay at hotels around Dubai for a night or 2...so I am wondering if it would actually be cheaper to go to a hotel in person and book rather than to do it online or by the phone...
does anyone know if that works or can I save myself the trouble...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last day of school...

Originally Posted by MataHari
judging by what I read on other forums I am the only mother that isn't looking forward to school finishing...apparently all other kids suddenly sleep in in the mornings allowing their mums to do the same...mine will be up at 6 as usual, and the first thing she will ask is 'what are we going to do today'...arrgghhhh
anyway...I am thinking of having a few little breaks with her by going to stay at hotels around Dubai for a night or 2...so I am wondering if it would actually be cheaper to go to a hotel in person and book rather than to do it online or by the phone...
I was thinking the same, tried all the usual websites - rotana, hilton, jumeirah etc, nothing cheap I am afraid. Looked at going up to Al Hamra as well but they are charging 700 a night. Try ringing the reservations offices you might have better luck than on line. I am not looking forward to 10 weeks with a 5 year old all day long either
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

mine are up at 5.30 whatever day of the year it is, whatever the weather etc etc, so there are two of us.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:23 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I was thinking the same, tried all the usual websites - rotana, hilton, jumeirah etc, nothing cheap I am afraid. Looked at going up to Al Hamra as well but they are charging 700 a night. Try ringing the reservations offices you might have better luck than on line. I am not looking forward to 10 weeks with a 5 year old all day long either
yeah, the hotel websites are useless for good deals it seems...
I am not really an 'over the phone' type person when it comes to getting a good deal, so I thought perhaps going there in person (and taking the little one with me, looking all sweet and lovely, lol) might work better...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:24 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by busybee2
mine are up at 5.30 whatever day of the year it is, whatever the weather etc etc, so there are two of us.
all those other mums must have special kids...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, the hotel websites are useless for good deals it seems...
I am not really an 'over the phone' type person when it comes to getting a good deal, so I thought perhaps going there in person (and taking the little one with me, looking all sweet and lovely, lol) might work better...
Rotana are doing 5 nights including breakfast for 3000 dhs, saw it on their site. Try www.mytravelchannel.com, they might have something. I am going to hit Dreamland, Aqualand and the Palm Beach Club (got friends pass), mine is happy as long as she is in water.

She ain't special, up at 6 everyday
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

done many a summer here, just have to go out early, and as they get up so early its only me that has to get up too, at least dont have to do "lunch boxes" yeh!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the hotel thing sounds like fun - there are loads of hotel deals on right now. Jumeirah hotels have got some spa linked deals in particular. Plus you can get up to 30% off meals at their restaurants right now if you use a visa card. Had dinner at Pai Thai the other night and got 30% off the bill. There's a limit of 4 people unless you have a sirius card, which I do. So get yourself one if you don't have it.

Also Atlantis is doing a deal on rooms for 800 AED per night plus you get free access to Aquaventure.

Booking online is often much cheaper than booking directly and you can always call the hotel to check the difference. One of my favourite websites for cheap last minute hotel rooms is this: http://www.laterooms.com/
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

What about summer camps?

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/kids
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:36 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I think the hotel thing sounds like fun - there are loads of hotel deals on right now. Jumeirah hotels have got some spa linked deals in particular. Plus you can get up to 30% off meals at their restaurants right now if you use a visa card. Had dinner at Pai Thai the other night and got 30% off the bill. There's a limit of 4 people unless you have a sirius card, which I do. So get yourself one if you don't have it.

Also Atlantis is doing a deal on rooms for 800 AED per night plus you get free access to Aquaventure.

Booking online is often much cheaper than booking directly and you can always call the hotel to check the difference. One of my favourite websites for cheap last minute hotel rooms is this: http://www.laterooms.com/
can you use sites like that when you are a resident here though?
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
What about summer camps?

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/kids
bit pricey but I am looking at the one at Mitten's school for the odd week
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine too - that's why I've taught them to cook from birth - they make breakfast themselves.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeh mine get themselves sorted breakfasted etc, as they are older now.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
can you use sites like that when you are a resident here though?
i wouldnt because they are apparently passing all visas etc to cid, and so you cannot hide the fact that you live here, or that you have an "adult 12 year old".
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:43 am
Concierge

i wouldnt because they are apparently passing all visas etc to cid, and so you cannot hide the fact that you live here, or that you have an "adult 12 year old".
passing visas to CID? last time we were in JBH we didn't have visa's, infact I still don't have one, can't be bothered to do a visa run either, oh dear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.