British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Last brunch before Ramadan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/last-brunch-before-ramadan-724925/)

Millhouse Jul 14th 2011 6:30 pm

Last brunch before Ramadan

OK, in honour of Scamp's failed but noble effort of organising a second BE night out in as many months, I'm going to try for a "BE Last Brunch before Ramadan" (for the hard of learning that is Friday 29th)

A brunch isn't a bad idea - they are only 3 hours long and we all have a natural exit route if it turns out that we are all internet weirdos. If, heaven forbid, we are actually normal then we can carry on getting pissed or move on to an orgy at Villa de la Millhouse.

Being a brunch virgin myself, I'm not going to suggest a place. Although I am tempted by the down beat Waxy's (LH may show up or just be in there) or the beertastic Belgium Bar as suggested by Spugsy on the other thread.

Let's have a show of strength to celebrate the start of the holy month, crazy driving, bad breath and the ridiculously short working day that Ramadan entails (for me at least) ...

The Dean Jul 14th 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Last brunch before Ramadan

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9495648)
OK, in honour of Scamp's failed but noble effort of organising a second BE night out in as many months, I'm going to try for a "BE Last Brunch before Ramadan" (for the hard of learning that is Friday 29th)

A brunch isn't a bad idea - they are only 3 hours long and we all have a natural exit route if it turns out that we are all internet weirdos. If, heaven forbid, we are actually normal then we can carry on getting pissed or move on to an orgy at Villa de la Millhouse.

Being a brunch virgin myself, I'm not going to suggest a place. Although I am tempted by the down beat Waxy's (LH may show up or just be in there) or the beertastic Belgium Bar as suggested by Spugsy on the other thread.

Let's have a show of strength to celebrate the start of the holy month, crazy driving, bad breath and the ridiculously short working day that Ramadan entails (for me at least) ...

Talking of an orgy at your place - how did you get on with the friend in the swimsuit? Did you give her a large portion?

sherri Jul 15th 2011 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9495648)

May be, will confirm nearer the time.

Despite last night’s failure, I had a decent night at the Dubliner's –Le Meridien hotel with my Belgian friend and a few work colleagues. The only disappointment was that the hookers were at the Jules bar whilst we were surrounded by moustached pot-bellied men at dubs.

Madam Medusa Jul 15th 2011 4:00 pm

for anyone looking for something a bit more civilised than waxys but in abu dhabi...a few of the be girls are doing the fairmont abu dhabi brunch this friday (21 july)...so let me know...wee scot and grace o malley will be making an appearance along with me and patsy and some "normal" people...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Jul 15th 2011 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9497518)
for anyone looking for something a bit more civilised than waxys but in abu dhabi...a few of the be girls are doing the fairmont abu dhabi brunch this friday (21 july)...so let me know...wee scot and grace o malley will be making an appearance along with me and patsy and some "normal" people...

MM, xx

you now normal people? I am impressed!

Millhouse Jul 15th 2011 4:04 pm

MM, xx

No can do - I am on safari then. Have a nice time though!

(had to drop that one in)

Madam Medusa Jul 15th 2011 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9497519)
you now normal people? I am impressed!

anyone who doesn't post on here is normal, lol...

MM, xx

typical Jul 15th 2011 4:53 pm

And there was me drinking Moet in the Emirates Bangkok lounge in your honour. Pfft.

The Dean Jul 15th 2011 5:42 pm

MM, xx

If that's the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, it's superb..............

Madam Medusa Jul 15th 2011 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9497666)
If that's the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, it's superb..............

that's the one...fabulous rate for an overnight stay as well, can't wait...

MM, xx

Bahtatboy Jul 15th 2011 6:44 pm

I'm in

The Dean Jul 16th 2011 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9497770)
I'm in

It's for the girls........... they want to gossip about you, not flirt with you.........

UKCityGent Jul 16th 2011 9:20 am

What about a brunch in Kuwait - something different ??

Bahtatboy Jul 16th 2011 10:19 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9498620)
It's for the girls........... they want to gossip about you, not flirt with you.........

I know my limitations. I'm in for the brunch in Dubai.

Patsy Stoned Jul 16th 2011 10:54 am

MM, xx

It will be fun I am looking forward to seeing Grace O'm and Wee scott again the last brunch we did together was Yalumba!!! :D
The hotel sound lovely too..I just pity the poor people who may be staying in Villa 9!!!!!!;)