British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Last 2 weeks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/last-2-weeks-791603/)

rowell Mar 24th 2013 1:58 am

Last 2 weeks

Came to Dubai 14th Feb 2008 but time is up, in my last 2 weeks and just about everything sorted, flight booked, most furniture sold, Dewa informed, bank account just about emptied, last salary not going in the bank so that's easy, Etisalat sorted and just Du to do. Couple of nights in hotel prior to flight, never been on 380 and want to go on it so flying to Manchester instead of Newcastle, plus cat has to go to Manchester anyway.
Can't say have had any real problems shutting everything down, deposits are not easy to get back but that's the UAE for you.
Really enjoyed my time here, would advise anyone under the right circumstances to go for it, managed to pay my original debts off, mainly caused by divorce, that was one of the reasons for coming and also managed to put few bob in the bank.
Time now to spend some time with my grandchildren and son and daughter.
Will be hanging around on the bored a little longer but not sure how long, just to say this site is difficult for newbies but hang in there, take the abuse and its worth it, it's a mind of information.
Thanks everyone.

Kix Mar 24th 2013 1:59 am

Re: Last 2 weeks

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10620519)
Came to Dubai 14th Feb 2008 but time is up, in my last 2 weeks and just about everything sorted, flight booked, most furniture sold, Dewa informed, bank account just about emptied, last salary not going in the bank so that's easy, Etisalat sorted and just Du to do. Couple of nights in hotel prior to flight, never been on 380 and want to go on it so flying to Manchester instead of Newcastle, plus cat has to go to Manchester anyway.
Can't say have had any real problems shutting everything down, deposits are not easy to get back but that's the UAE for you.
Really enjoyed my time here, would advise anyone under the right circumstances to go for it, managed to pay my original debts off, mainly caused by divorce, that was one of the reasons for coming and also managed to put few bob in the bank.
Time now to spend some time with my grandchildren and son and daughter.
Will be hanging around on the bored a little longer but not sure how long, just to say this site is difficult for newbies but hang in there, take the abuse and its worth it, it's a mind of information.
Thanks everyone.

Never met you... Never will.

Good luck!

Bob Mar 24th 2013 2:03 am

Good luck with the move back! :)

NorthernLad Mar 24th 2013 2:08 am

Good luck with the move...for what it's worth I think you have been one of the better mods ;)

Welivehere Mar 24th 2013 7:48 am

Good luck and all the best for the move back...

lanarkwitch Mar 24th 2013 10:50 am

Good luck Rowell, glad to hear the shut down process is going well, I have it all to do in about 3 weeks time myself, great news you've managed to achieve what you came for and now get to spend tome time with the family xx

mentalist Mar 24th 2013 11:24 am

All that time here and so few posts made. Good luck in Manchester.:)

Blue Cat Mar 24th 2013 12:03 pm

Good luck Rowell :)

Meow Mar 24th 2013 1:47 pm

Safe trip Rowell. Enjoy the time with your family xx

Sandboy Mar 25th 2013 10:32 am

There's only one Gary.............

kittycat1 Mar 26th 2013 7:05 pm

All the best Rowell :thumbsup: Enjoy Blighty :D