Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Laptop / Tablet buying tip

Laptop / Tablet buying tip

Old Nov 26th 2013, 10:35 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Laptop / Tablet buying tip

Hi guys,
Carrefour has an 18% price drop on all it's stock of laptop / tablets for just today so if you have been meaning to buy something, I would recommend you go do it now. Usually they are obnoxiously expensive but today I would say their prices are good.
You get the 18% back in points on your Carrefour Club card i.e. about 200 aeds worth of vouchers on a buy of about 2000aed plus some laptops have an extra 100/50 additional voucher as well which you can use to buy a gift card and then able to use it for the next year I think.
Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know.
The lines are long but I would recommend you get the invoice made today and get the delivery at a later date when the mad rush is over.
Cheers

Last edited by Irishbeekeeper; Nov 26th 2013 at 10:39 am. Reason: Bleeping iPhone!!
Old Nov 26th 2013, 10:40 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laptop / Tablet buying tip

and no I don't work for Carrefour
I just bought a couple myself so wanted to share
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

'avec Carrefour Je positif' as the little jingle on French radio used to go
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Hi guys,
Carrefour has an 18% price drop on all it's stock of laptop / tablets for just today so if you have been meaning to buy something, I would recommend you go do it now. Usually they are obnoxiously expensive but today I would say their prices are good.
You get the 18% back in points on your Carrefour Club card i.e. about 200 aeds worth of vouchers on a buy of about 2000aed plus some laptops have an extra 100/50 additional voucher as well which you can use to buy a gift card and then able to use it for the next year I think.
Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know.
The lines are long but I would recommend you get the invoice made today and get the delivery at a later date when the mad rush is over.
Cheers

MOE was rammed earlier!
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
MOE was rammed earlier!
Oh joy, I have to head down there in 45 mins.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Oh joy, I have to head down there in 45 mins.
be prepared to queue
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:09 pm

well they have different days for different products
like 1 day for laptops, 1 day for TVs etc
will carry on for another week or so I think
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:11 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
be prepared to queue
Not to Carrefour thank goodness, but interesting what they're doing and why...
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kix
Not to Carrefour thank goodness, but interesting what they're doing and why...
18 years here in the UAE
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:25 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Bit unfair on Carrefour that as they usually have a couple of laptops at below market price. That said its Dubai so there is always somewhere cheaper
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by shiva
Bit unfair on Carrefour that as they usually have a couple of laptops at below market price. That said its Dubai so there is always somewhere cheaper
Well, you are right
cheap-ER is relative here in Dubai
A guy would pay 40% extra for something if buying from a mall while the same thing will be available from a small vendor at a much better price and while still allowing a decent profit margin to the vendor
but Im in this business so I keep an eye on their prices all the time, and 99% of the stock they keep is marked up
tbh, I am told they always buy on credit (90 days etc) so they probably get marked up prices anyway
aaaaaaaaaand the latest update is their voucher payment system has crashed and their customer services department just committed ritual hara-kiri
Old Nov 26th 2013, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

I suspect that Carrefour has increased the prices, to save on the 18 percent

Last edited by winter; Nov 26th 2013 at 1:29 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 2:43 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

just committed ritual hara-kiri
Nice to see it spelt correctly. Was the 43rd anniversary of Yukio Mishima's death yesterday.

How's that for off-topic?
Old Nov 26th 2013, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Nice to see it spelt correctly. Was the 43rd anniversary of Yukio Mishima's death yesterday.

How's that for off-topic?
ah yes, I remember reading about this guy a long time ago although I must admit I had to look him up on wiki as I didnt know his name and ofcourse didnt know that he was such an accomplished writer, I must look up some of his books now

I remember empathizing with this guy on some level
Old Nov 26th 2013, 5:08 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

ah yes, I remember reading about this guy a long time ago although I must admit I had to look him up on wiki as I didnt know his name and ofcourse didnt know that he was such an accomplished writer, I must look up some of his books now

I remember empathizing with this guy on some level
Make that brilliant. The Sound of Waves is a good introduction, and then you can take it as dark as you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.