Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Lance Armstrong says he won't fight doping charges.

Lance Armstrong says he won't fight doping charges.

Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong says he won't fight doping charges.

I read the Paul Kimmage book a while back and there was significant 1980s doping tales in that. Guess the sport took time to clean up. Believe it is almost there now but who knows.

I'll do my own local research and ask a few lycra clad blokes for samples tonight after Train Yas
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:22 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Boy
Alright then, as a cyclist he did some pretty heroic things. I'll give you that
That's the issue...was it 'really' heroic? Or the biggest fraud in cycling history..
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:17 am
Banned

Little Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

The entire sports world has been blood doping in one form or another since the late 80's. I just don't see it as a crime when everybody's doin it
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:29 am
Banned

I've seen people crowd around to watch world champions train, and I've seen people show up at 5am to watch great horses work out, but I've never seen people crowd around to watch someone ride a stationary bike until Lance Armstrong came around. Thats like crowding around to watch someone sleep.

The name Armstrong is Scottish btw
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:30 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

The entire sports world has been blood doping in one form or another since the late 80's. I just don't see it as a crime when everybody's doin it
So you would want your children to compete in sports where taking potentially harmfull drugs is the only way to reach a certain level.

The next generation, our kids..THAT is why this is important. I would love my daughters to get into a top level of a chosen sport without the misery and danger of being a doper.

I do wonder though, once/if it comes out with proof that Armstrong was a cheat, how many people whose career he ruined and organisations that he sued over the years for taking anti doping stances or printing damning accusations will be suing him...
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:34 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen people crowd around to watch world champions train, and I've seen people show up at 5am to watch great horses work out, but I've never seen people crowd around to watch someone ride a stationary bike until Lance Armstrong came around. Thats like crowding around to watch someone sleep.

The name Armstrong is Scottish btw
My Mothers maiden name, we have our own tartan and pendant too.

Though on the negative side we were cattle rustlers run out of Scotland.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by commander
So you would want your children to compete in sports where taking potentially harmfull drugs is the only way to reach a certain level.

The next generation, our kids..THAT is why this is important. I would love my daughters to get into a top level of a chosen sport without the misery and danger of being a doper.

I..

I could have got one of my kids a full ride scholarship to just about any division one college in America if he could have got 25 more pounds on him without him losing any speed. We didn't do it. Steroids woulda saved me at least 100k- but I didn't even suggest it
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by britexpat76
My Mothers maiden name, we have our own tartan and pendant too.

Though on the negative side we were cattle rustlers run out of Scotland.
I'm taking credit for Nell Armstrong too
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:45 am
banned

I could have got one of my kids a full ride scholarship to just about any division one college in America if he could have got 25 more pounds on him without him losing any speed. We didn't do it. Steroids woulda saved me at least 100k- but I didn't even suggest it
Nice one. The best 100K you didn't save,
Old Sep 1st 2012, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I was Lance’s personal assistant for two years, during the height of his racing career. Do I think he cheated? Yep. But my real problem is something that diehard fans seem unable to grasp: the vengeful tactics he uses against people who tell the truth about him, on and off the bike.

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor...ng.html?page=1

Long article in Outside magazine; well worth the read.

" I asked Armstrong whether he thought any of the cheating allegations were true. “Everyone does it,” he said nonchalantly, looking me straight in the eyes. That floored me. I didn’t say anything else, but the implication was clear enough. "

"I continued to do more and more, which at that point included looking after Armstrong’s ranchette, two houses in town, and the cabin that often housed guests like Michele Ferrari—the Italian physician, now also banned for life by USADA, who worked with Armstrong during all of his Tour wins."

He most certainly doped. Best you can say about LA is that he's a cheater who beat other cheaters but there is no reason to assume every single cyclist was doping even if it was ripe in the sport.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Sep 1st 2012 at 9:23 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles by cycling's governing body.

The International Cycling Union (UCI) has accepted the findings of the United States Anti-Doping Agency's (Usada) investigation into Armstrong.

UCI president Pat McQuaid said: "Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling. He deserves to be forgotten."

Bit strong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20008520
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Bit strong.
Really?

Mugged off the whole world. Deserves to be made to look a fool, neverwas and a cheat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIl5RxhLZ5U
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:55 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Scamp
Really?

Mugged off the whole world. Deserves to be made to look a fool, neverwas and a cheat.

Sad day for sport.

However it had to happen for the future of sport..

I still don't think he will ever admit it. Too many lawsuits.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
Sad day for sport.

However it had to happen for the future of sport..

I still don't think he will ever admit it. Too many lawsuits.
The problem is now that it has lost all credibility in my mind.

How many other people on the tour at the same time or before or currently use drugs?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:12 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Really?

I don't for one second condone it, but then for the governing body to retain credibility it has to do the same for everyone else implicated. Or maybe just hanging an admiral's sufficient, but he's pretty well strung up already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.