British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Ladies, read and learn. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ladies-read-learn-606586/)

eylesda May 1st 2009 11:08 am

Ladies, read and learn.

"The Good Wife's Guide"
published in Housekeeping Monthly, May 13, 1955.

1. Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs.
2. Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking.
3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives.
4. Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. and then run a dust cloth over the tables.
5. Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
6. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
7. Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first remember, his topics of conversation are more important.
8. Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.
9. Don’t greet his with complaints and problems. Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will and fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

seraphnina May 1st 2009 12:53 pm

Re: Ladies, read and learn.

Stepford Wives.

TGFKASE May 1st 2009 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 7532112)
"The Good Wife's Guide"

1. Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs.
2. Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking.
3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives.
4. Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. and then run a dust cloth over the tables.
5. Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
6. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
7. Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first remember, his topics of conversation are more important.
8. Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.
9. Don’t greet his with complaints and problems. Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will and fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This has to be the most informative post ever to grace BE ME...

Mods, please move this to the main forum and sticky it......

Jeeper May 1st 2009 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7532387)

I saw something a year or two ago issued to locals, middles eastern, arabs, GGC's (have i covered enough to be PC)....50+ years later.

Had a lot about ensuring your husband was always 'satsified' as i recall....

Roadking May 1st 2009 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 7532112)
"The Good Wife's Guide"

7. Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first remember, his topics of conversation are more important. 8. Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.

Sanity at last. Should be taught to all kids at school.

MataHari May 1st 2009 2:20 pm

a real man wouldn't want a woman like that I am sure...

Eva May 1st 2009 2:22 pm

I disagree,I mean what is there to learn???
I am sure this is just the normal routine for most of us- complete with the dulcid tones of Jack Jones in the background singing
'Hey Little Girl Fix Your Make Up.......
.................................................. .....................hurry, he'll sound be home

Aye that'll be shining.....:lol:

TGFKASE May 1st 2009 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7532587)
a real man wouldn't want a woman like that I am sure...

A real woman wouldnt need a guide to tell her the above facts... she'd know already....

MataHari May 1st 2009 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7532594)
A real woman wouldnt need a guide to tell her the above facts... she'd know already....

I'd need a fcking braintransplant first...

Confucius May 1st 2009 5:34 pm

Thank you for your nomination for thread, post and poster of the year...

Lorna at Vicenza May 1st 2009 5:42 pm

Does number 10 read :

remember that after doing points 1 to 9 over a period of time and quashing your own desires, wants and needs in favour of his only, you will end up wanting to seriously harm him or kill him.

Confucius May 1st 2009 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 7533156)
Does number 10 read :

remember that after doing points 1 to 9 over a period of time and quashing your own desires, wants and needs in favour of his only, you will end up wanting to seriously harm him or kill him.

You're reading The 10 Commandments...This is The 9 Commandments...

Lorna at Vicenza May 1st 2009 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7533161)
You're reading The 10 Commandments...This is The 9 Commandments...

In my house I command.

TGFKASE May 1st 2009 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 7533206)
In my house I command.

Ahah..... your husband has achieved level 10...

Thats when the wife honestly believes she is in control.... Shake his hand for me, Lorna......:p

Lorna at Vicenza May 1st 2009 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7533211)
Ahah..... your husband has achieved level 10...

Thats when the wife honestly believes she is in control.... Shake his hand for me, Lorna......:p

:rofl:

He's abroad half the time so I do really command.

I give him a bit of slack when he comes home. It makes him think I'm grateful for his presence when all the time I've been learning how to use his drill, his tiling tools, his workshop etc. Very soon the poor guy won't be needed at all :eek: