British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Ladies of the night (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ladies-night-606150/)

MrsHawkes Apr 29th 2009 5:12 am

Ladies of the night

Hi All,

My mam and dad walked down to Town Centre at the Greens last night and there were 3 filipino girls looking for business. Apparently they were challenging every guy that came along and there were loads o people (including my parents) sitting on the wall watching them. Although they did think one guy was their pimp.
There was a security guard there but he was just watching too.

Anyway i know this goes on in Dubai but i was pretty surprised this is happening outside the town centre. Is this a usual occurence at the Greens do you know? Maybe it's because of the hard times just now?

Thanks

Mrs H

Emerald_Eyes Apr 29th 2009 5:23 am

Re: Ladies of the night

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7524893)
Hi All,

My mam and dad walked down to Town Centre at the Greens last night and there were 3 filipino girls looking for business. Apparently they were challenging every guy that came along and there were loads o people (including my parents) sitting on the wall watching them. Although they did think one guy was their pimp.
There was a security guard there but he was just watching too.

Anyway i know this goes on in Dubai but i was pretty surprised this is happening outside the town centre. Is this a usual occurence at the Greens do you know? Maybe it's because of the hard times just now?

Thanks

Mrs H

Yes - they are usually there in the evenings. I used to think it was just the filipino girls that work in the salons there waiting for a bus or a lift home. But then I realised that they were actually touting for business. Such a shame and quite gross when you've got families there.

MrsHawkes Apr 29th 2009 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7524910)
Yes - they are usually there in the evenings. I used to think it was just the filipino girls that work in the salons there waiting for a bus or a lift home. But then I realised that they were actually touting for business. Such a shame and quite gross when you've got families there.

Yeah it is a shame. I've never noticed before. I think my mam and dad were pretty shocked.

Emerald_Eyes Apr 29th 2009 5:34 am

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7524923)
Yeah it is a shame. I've never noticed before. I think my mam and dad were pretty shocked.

I'm not surprised - it's not something you want to see when you're on way to get some dinner or an iceream and a dvd from the local shop, is it? It's tempting to call the police but I'm not sure if anything would happen. The Greens security is anything but security - they just mooch around all day doing jack...

MrsHawkes Apr 29th 2009 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7524930)
I'm not surprised - it's not something you want to see when you're on way to get some dinner or an iceream and a dvd from the local shop, is it? It's tempting to call the police but I'm not sure if anything would happen. The Greens security is anything but security - they just mooch around all day doing jack...

Exactly! You would think security would phone the police but my parents said they were just watching too and not doing anything. I don't like to think this is going on on my door step and like you say when you are just going for a icecream or something. If i see them i'm going to speak to security and see what they say about it.

still.unsure Apr 29th 2009 5:52 am

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7524938)
Exactly! You would think security would phone the police but my parents said they were just watching too and not doing anything. I don't like to think this is going on on my door step and like you say when you are just going for a icecream or something. If i see them i'm going to speak to security and see what they say about it.

any chance there's a bit of a back hander to security to just leave them alone? quite possible that there's been a bag of cash to keep things quiet.

if you really want to complain, see the police. but remember that you may bring an unintended shitstorm to the doorstep of the working girls more than the pimp.

lionheart Apr 29th 2009 5:56 am

Are you sure they are not simply touting for salon business? Its unlike Filipinas to act so boldly. Chinese, Russians perhaps...

Emerald_Eyes Apr 29th 2009 6:01 am

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7524964)
any chance there's a bit of a back hander to security to just leave them alone? quite possible that there's been a bag of cash to keep things quiet.

if you really want to complain, see the police. but remember that you may bring an unintended shitstorm to the doorstep of the working girls more than the pimp.

You're probably right.

LH: These girls are definitely working girls and they are even more blatant than the girls who work the hotel bars.

Did you hear about the filipino girls who were working the labour camps? They'd start at one end of the camp and work their way through to the other side - 10 dirhams a go apparently until they got caught. Can you imagine the viruses they have? Yuck!

commander Apr 29th 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7524973)
Are you sure they are not simply touting for salon business? Its unlike Filipinas to act so boldly. Chinese, Russians perhaps...

yea i have to agree with LH. The hookers ive been with are usually Chinkies, Ruski's and ethiopians.

MataHari Apr 29th 2009 6:18 am

no way I'd ever call the police..jeez, I wouldn't want to those girls to end up in jail, I couldn't bear thinking I'd be in some way responsible for that!

MataHari Apr 29th 2009 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7524985)
You're probably right.

LH: These girls are definitely working girls and they are even more blatant than the girls who work the hotel bars.

Did you hear about the filipino girls who were working the labour camps? They'd start at one end of the camp and work their way through to the other side - 10 dirhams a go apparently until they got caught. Can you imagine the viruses they have? Yuck!

so...they are dirty hookers then are they...
can you imagine how desparate these women are to be doing this...more than likely they have to support their family and kids back home...

commander Apr 29th 2009 6:21 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7525027)
can you imagine how desparate these women are to be doing this...more than likely they have to support their family and kids back home...

and what support will the give from an aids hospice..

Emerald_Eyes Apr 29th 2009 6:25 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7525027)

Absolutely - they definitely deserve our sympathy and help, although unlikely they'd want either. And yes, I imagine they're pretty filthy...

MrsHawkes Apr 29th 2009 6:26 am

Yeah i was just saying to my mam and dad last night how hard up these girls must be to do this and they're not scared coz of what will happen if the police become involved.

I'm not going to contact the police coz as MH says i don't want to be responsible for them ending up in jail and i think it must be really hard times for them to do this.

But i still don't want it on my door step. Guess i'll just need to grin and bear it.

Mrs H

MataHari Apr 29th 2009 6:27 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7525029)
and what support will the give from an aids hospice..

that sentence doesn't make any sense?
I feel sorry for these girls, and turning the police on them won't solve anything...as for the men using their services...they must be desparate was well...being stuck in a labor camp with no women and without seeing their wifes for years can't be a good thing...