British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Ladies clothes shop nobody has heard of goes bust...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ladies-clothes-shop-nobody-has-heard-goes-bust-722586/)

The Dean Jun 27th 2011 10:09 am

Ladies clothes shop nobody has heard of goes bust......

:confused:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/jane-norman...091905369.html

Meow Jun 27th 2011 10:16 am

Re: Ladies clothes shop nobody has heard of goes bust......

Jane Norman is (was?) on most UK high streets. Bit cheap and nasty though, from memory.

soukie Jun 27th 2011 10:18 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9459370)

My nieces shop there. It geared towards the younger market!

kittycat1 Jun 27th 2011 10:32 am

Thank God- i cant stand that brand! I've never understood how a store can have one size fits all! nasty lycra shit mostly. I wouldnt step in their stores for fear of a massive static shock from all the man made fibres! Quite surprised it hasn't burnt down before as most of their fabrics would spontaneously combust if they even saw a naked flame! Far nicer product on the high street!

xxx
(no offence soukie Im sure your nievces are lovely!)

soukie Jun 27th 2011 10:55 am

I know what you mean KC - they don't buy the lycra rubbish but tell me the jeans are good if you are a size 8 !

The Dean Jun 27th 2011 11:05 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9459400)
Thank God- i cant stand that brand! I've never understood how a store can have one size fits all! nasty lycra shit mostly. I wouldnt step in their stores for fear of a massive static shock from all the man made fibres! Quite surprised it hasn't burnt down before as most of their fabrics would spontaneously combust if they even saw a naked flame! Far nicer product on the high street!

xxx

Otherwise OK?

Morecambe Mindy Jun 27th 2011 11:44 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9459400)

xxx

Bit pointless waiting for the closing down sale then?:eek:

MataHari Jun 27th 2011 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9459382)
Jane Norman is (was?) on most UK high streets. Bit cheap and nasty though, from memory.

there's shops here in Dubai as well...horrible clothes, although come to think of it I do have a rather nice (cotton) top from them...

Millhouse Jun 27th 2011 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 9459538)
there's shops here in Dubai as well...horrible clothes, although come to think of it I do have a rather nice (cotton) top from them...

Of all the people who I thought shopped there - I had you at the top of my list. :eek:

MataHari Jun 27th 2011 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9459549)
Of all the people who I thought shopped there - I had you at the top of my list. :eek:

I just checked and my cotton top is in fact polyester and lycra...so glad they went bust.

Patsy Stoned Jun 27th 2011 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 9459561)
I just checked and my cotton top is in fact polyester and lycra...so glad they went bust.

Don't wear it tonight then!!