British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Lack of shoes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/lack-shoes-763064/)

Bahtatboy Jun 27th 2012 12:43 pm

Lack of shoes

"Men in the UAE spend more on shoes than women." Or so I heard on the radio this morning. I certainly don't. I spend far more on women.

Kix Jun 27th 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Lack of shoes

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10141967)
"Men in the UAE spend more on shoes than women." Or so I heard on the radio this morning. I certainly don't. I spend far more on women.

Nicked it...

OleJanx Jun 27th 2012 12:54 pm

Not being a sandal wearer, I hadn't realised how little they cost.

Patsy Stoned Jun 27th 2012 8:15 pm

"Men in the UAE spend more on shoes than women."

Not a chance :D:D

TheShed Jun 28th 2012 3:50 am

I think my wife and daughter spend more on shoes that all of the men in Barsha put together!!!:frown:

Patsy Stoned Jun 28th 2012 6:31 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 10143446)
I think my wife and daughter spend more on shoes that all of the men in Barsha put together!!!:frown:

The Barsha shoe mountain, that is why I have to live in a 4 bedroom villa, 1 for me and 3 for my shoes etc :D:D

Norm_uk Jun 28th 2012 1:33 pm

If men spending more on shoes can be defined as my missus spending my money to buy herself shoes then I spend more on shoes.

N.

Norm_uk Jul 4th 2012 5:46 am

Originally Posted by ClintonC (Post 10153640)
well its certainly not at all possible. what men will eat then . women will ask them to have their shoes instead of food.

Bags are what I don't understand.

Why do they need 35 different bags, each costing more than a laptop...the only people who notice them are other women. Must be a status thing.

N.

Meow Jul 4th 2012 6:04 am

35 bags?

You need quality not quantity (or nasty Karama fakes). A couple of good everyday bags (or maybe four), various evening bags, a casual one, a beach bag. Ditto shoes, although I do have rather a lot, it's best to avoid cheap ones. (And for the record I pay for everything myself)

One should always have good shoes and handbags. :nod:

Bahtatboy Jul 4th 2012 6:50 am

Manbags. Only for those who swing the other way, Europeans and Asians?

Beakersful Jul 4th 2012 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10153691)
35 bags?

You need quality not quantity (or nasty Karama fakes). A couple of good everyday bags (or maybe four), various evening bags, a casual one, a beach bag. Ditto shoes, although I do have rather a lot, it's best to avoid cheap ones. (And for the record I pay for everything myself)

One should always have good shoes and handbags. :nod:

See! That's how that bloodcurdling sound kicks off in my head.

spartans53 Jul 4th 2012 7:28 am

Do running shoes count? I have four pairs on the good now and they are lined up at the back door. Mrs would rather have some plants but I think the look nice

Meow Jul 4th 2012 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Beakersful (Post 10153724)
See! That's how that bloodcurdling sound kicks off in my head.

Weirdo

Victor Meldrew Jul 4th 2012 5:29 pm

Sorry to let the side down, but I have just had a shoe count and totalled 24 pairs. This encompasses trainers, casual, formal. I am sure there are others I have also forgotten about.

And then if you want to get into prescription glasses, I have at least 15 including 3 pairs of prescription sunglasses and 3 pairs of reading glasses. It would have been cheaper to get my eyes lasered.

The only consolation is that I know Mrs Meldrew has more pairs of shoes than me