British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   La Perle by Dragone (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/la-perle-dragone-906574/)

mission Dec 6th 2017 8:59 am

La Perle by Dragone

I saw this show over the long bank holiday weekend...was absolutely awesome...highly recommend it.

TheShed Dec 6th 2017 9:02 am

Re: La Perle by Dragone

My wife was also there and wants to go again as it was so good.

MAV_DXB Dec 6th 2017 10:36 am

Hi Mission, which seats did you get? A good view, any significant benefit (for the price) over the others?

mission Dec 8th 2017 5:59 am

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB (Post 12394773)
Hi Mission, which seats did you get? A good view, any significant benefit (for the price) over the others?

MAV we got the AED 800 seats...but got 40% discount due to the National Day long weekend. To be honest it's better to get the seats higher up (which are way cheaper) because then you will get to see the whole stage...being right in the front of the stage was a bit of a disadvantage. Definitely try and get the seating higher up.

mission Dec 8th 2017 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 12394782)
It sounds a bit French...how could it possibly be enjoyable? ;)

N

there are no words - to be honest i couldn't quite follow the story line and when i asked others who also went they too agreed that it was hard to work out what the story actually was lol.....but to be honest you don't need to follow the story because the show is spectacular.

mission Dec 8th 2017 6:02 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12394743)
My wife was also there and wants to go again as it was so good.

i would definitely go again....great show to take visitors.

MAV_DXB Dec 8th 2017 7:22 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12395853)
MAV we got the AED 800 seats...but got 40% discount due to the National Day long weekend. To be honest it's better to get the seats higher up (which are way cheaper) because then you will get to see the whole stage...being right in the front of the stage was a bit of a disadvantage. Definitely try and get the seating higher up.

Thank you :thumbsup:

hnd Dec 8th 2017 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 12395867)
I heard French is literally a foreign language. There aren't even any English words.

Unbelievable. How do they understand each other?

N.

Just to be pedantic, of course there are English words, "le weekend" being the first which springs to mind and, of course, "internet" and other related words.

The 'keep French language pure' group or whatever they are called are always banging on about the numerous English language words and phrases which are creeping into everyday usage.

mission Dec 8th 2017 11:33 am

I heard French is literally a foreign language. There aren't even any English words.

N.

NORM are you referring to the show or just in general?:blink:

ExpatAl Dec 10th 2017 4:14 am

My missus went to see it with her family but mentioned it was a bit short? She enjoyed it nonetheless

mission Dec 10th 2017 8:36 am

Originally Posted by ExpatAl (Post 12396968)
My missus went to see it with her family but mentioned it was a bit short? She enjoyed it nonetheless

i too had heard it was short (before i saw it), but it's actually a good 90 mins.

Pongo Dec 10th 2017 3:32 pm

It was an hour and 15 minutes when I went, another 10 minutes taking the bow at the end.

Bahtatboy Dec 11th 2017 9:20 am

N.

In truth, it's just English badly pronounced. If everyone mispronounces, then everyone can understand. A bit like Welsh, really.