British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Krav Maga Classes - Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/krav-maga-classes-dubai-872856/)

knickerdropofglory Feb 20th 2016 4:40 pm

Krav Maga Classes - Dubai

Are there any Krav Maga classes in Dubai? I can find individual training, but fancy doing it in a group environment.

thanks

mission Feb 21st 2016 4:11 am

Re: Krav Maga Classes - Dubai

err what is that?:confused:

Irishbeekeeper Feb 21st 2016 5:35 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 11874024)
err what is that?:confused:

Israeli martial arts, used mostly by the IDF, pretty hard core but I the the Russian Systema are a step above. Although having said that, MMA has really evolved and the art of grappling and takedown has really come a long way so in my honest opinion a well trained MMA fighter would stand a much better chance against any of those two styles.

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 21st 2016 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11874052)
Israeli martial arts, used mostly by the IDF, pretty hard core but I the the Russian Systema are a step above. Although having said that, MMA has really evolved and the art of grappling and takedown has really come a long way so in my honest opinion a well trained MMA fighter would stand a much better chance against any of those two styles.

The first three words of your response surely denotes how much of it must be happening here?

mission Feb 21st 2016 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11874052)

Thanks IRISH, much appreciated

Irishbeekeeper Feb 21st 2016 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11874229)
The first three words of your response surely denotes how much of it must be happening here?

ha! I just realized the oxymoron
but having said that :

Courses | Dubai Tactical Self Defense

Millhouse Feb 22nd 2016 9:21 am

I thought it was a cooking class.

co durham boy Feb 22nd 2016 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11875039)
I thought it was a cooking class.

Sounds like a Russian version of super strength Methamphetamine !

jam25mack Feb 15th 2017 10:52 am

Did anyone ever go on one of these courses?

As for which is best blah blah, they're totally different. MMA, Muay Thai etc etc are all sports with rules. One of the main points the inventor of Krav Maga insisted on was that there are no rules in Krav Maga, hence why there are never any competitions..... Also, its huge now worldwide with most military's, special services and police forces using it..... so it must have something to it.

Quite fancy giving it a go.

UKCityGent Feb 15th 2017 11:24 am

The Krav Maga you normally see if a McDojo type. There are very few trainers of true military KM (Governments do not like ordinary citizens learning how to use rifles, knifes etc amongst other things!).

If you want Systema in Dubai then go and see my friend, Val Riazanov, who teaches Ryabko style system. Be prepared that he is not an easy taskmaster and his turnover of students is high due to the intensity of his training.

jam25mack Feb 15th 2017 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 12180482)
The Krav Maga you normally see if a McDojo type. There are very few trainers of true military KM (Governments do not like ordinary citizens learning how to use rifles, knifes etc amongst other things!).

If you want Systema in Dubai then go and see my friend, Val Riazanov, who teaches Ryabko style system. Be prepared that he is not an easy taskmaster and his turnover of students is high due to the intensity of his training.

What kind of cash are we talking?

UKCityGent Feb 16th 2017 4:03 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12180609)
What kind of cash are we talking?

I have no idea what Val charges - He has a website - give him a call.
If you are in Kuwait the training is free (unless a hall is booked for something and then whatever you want to contribute)