Kittens

Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:25 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kittens

Does anybody know how much it costs to have a kitten vaccinated and neutered? How about the cost of neutering an adult cat?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kittens

Originally Posted by lionheart
Does anybody know how much it costs to have a kitten vaccinated and neutered? How about the cost of neutering an adult cat?
can only have them done from about about 3 months I think (someone will correct me I'm sure).

Vaccinations 3-400dhs a year, neutering 4-600dhs.

I understand the Municipality Vets near Mizhar are a lot cheaper. Think MH has used them in the past for some of the strays she has picked up.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by admon
can only have them done from about about 3 months I think (someone will correct me I'm sure).

Vaccinations 3-400dhs a year, neutering 4-600dhs.

I understand the Municipality Vets near Mizhar are a lot cheaper. Think MH has used them in the past for some of the strays she has picked up.
Thanks...we have five 2 week old kittens. Presumably they won't be able to reproduce until they are 3 months old? We need to get the mother done soon.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks...we have five 2 week old kittens. Presumably they won't be able to reproduce until they are 3 months old? We need to get the mother done soon.
I'd get the mother done straight away. They can become pregnant again almost as soon as they have dropped the last of the litter out.

The best advice will always come from the vets themselves, as they have all the experience and knowledge.

Give them a call, they don't charge for advice.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:50 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought I'd say it, but good man - really more responsible people like you will really help street cat issue.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:36 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

yes, go to the one just past Mushrif Park on Al Khawneej (sp?) Road...it's on the righthand side, just after the roundabout, white building, there are signs directing you.
it's open in the mornings and then from 4.30 till at least 7
on Saturdays from around 8.30 till 1ish...
no need to call them, just turn up (and they never seem to answer the phone anyway)
for basic stuff like shots and neutering they are great and much much cheaper than the normal vets (but sorry, don't remember any prices)
I need to get my stray kittens done as well within the next few weeks...
they are still drinking with the mother and as far as I know, you need to wait to get the mother done until they stop drinking.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MataHari
yes, go to the one just past Mushrif Park on Al Khawneej (sp?) Road...it's on the righthand side, just after the roundabout, white building, there are signs directing you.
it's open in the mornings and then from 4.30 till at least 7
on Saturdays from around 8.30 till 1ish...
no need to call them, just turn up (and they never seem to answer the phone anyway)
for basic stuff like shots and neutering they are great and much much cheaper than the normal vets (but sorry, don't remember any prices)
I need to get my stray kittens done as well within the next few weeks...
they are still drinking with the mother and as far as I know, you need to wait to get the mother done until they stop drinking.
Thanks for that. So does that mean that mother cat won't be able to conceive until the kittens stop drinking from her or should we simply keep her indoors so the opportunity doesn't arise? Her boyfriend is already mooching about outside.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. So does that mean that mother cat won't be able to conceive until the kittens stop drinking from her or should we simply keep her indoors so the opportunity doesn't arise? Her boyfriend is already mooching about outside.
I would if I was you, 3 or 4 weeks from the birth and you should maybe think about getting her done.

What are you going to do with the kittens?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I would if I was you, 3 or 4 weeks from the birth and you should maybe think about getting her done. What are you going to do with the kittens?
It seems that 8-10 weeks may be the earliest as the kittens will need mother's milk, which will presumably dry up once she is sterilized. May advertise the kittens (free obviously) but Jasmine wants to keep her favourite.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that 8-10 weeks may be the earliest as the kittens will need mother's milk, which will presumably dry up once she is sterilized. May advertise the kittens (free obviously) but Jasmine wants to keep her favourite.
take some photos and put them up on here, it's a start, I can post them on the pet forum on EW as well once they are ready for re homing.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

For those of you interested, here is what a local vet had to say on the matter...

We charge 400 dhs for cat spays, this includes the anesthesia, operation,
pain relief, antibiotic injection and post operative check up. If she has
just had a litter we would suggest waiting until the kittens are have
stopped feeding, you can start to wean them from 6 weeks, so they should be totally off mum by 8 weeks old.

Just be aware she can become pregnant again very quickly even whilst still
feeding her kittens. If there is a chance she is pregnant at the time of
spaying we would probably want to do a midline (tummy) incision which cost
450 Dhs as it takes a little longer for this method.

If you wish to book an appointment you will need to call the hospital as we
don't take booking online.

Many thanks

Lucy Hives BSc Hons
Head Nurse
Nad Al Sheba Veterinary Hospital
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you interested, here is what a local vet had to say on the matter...

We charge 400 dhs for cat spays, this includes the anesthesia, operation,
pain relief, antibiotic injection and post operative check up. If she has
just had a litter we would suggest waiting until the kittens are have
stopped feeding, you can start to wean them from 6 weeks, so they should be totally off mum by 8 weeks old.

Just be aware she can become pregnant again very quickly even whilst still
feeding her kittens. If there is a chance she is pregnant at the time of
spaying we would probably want to do a midline (tummy) incision which cost
450 Dhs as it takes a little longer for this method.

If you wish to book an appointment you will need to call the hospital as we
don't take booking online.

Many thanks

Lucy Hives BSc Hons
Head Nurse
Nad Al Sheba Veterinary Hospital
I know Lucy, we took Radley to Nad for debollocking, they are excellent
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I know Lucy, we took Radley to Nad for debollocking, they are excellent
So that's what your husband is called?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:33 pm
Concierge

So that's what your husband is called?
he is a wimp, he has refused this minor procedure