The Kingdom- film

Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Kingdom- film

Hey all,

I watched The Kingdom the other night and wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I am sure if I was in the UK and had never been out here I would have been sold thats what its really like but having been here I'm now thinking its american movie taddle and was it filmed in Saudi at all does anyone know?

I was also quite surprised that they aired it here- having said that the last time I flew to the states they had the film Fahrenheit 9/11 on...

Any views?

xxx
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kingdom- film

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hey all,

I watched The Kingdom the other night and wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I am sure if I was in the UK and had never been out here I would have been sold thats what its really like but having been here I'm now thinking its american movie taddle and was it filmed in Saudi at all does anyone know?

I was also quite surprised that they aired it here- having said that the last time I flew to the states they had the film Fahrenheit 9/11 on...

Any views?

xxx
I think some of it was filmed in Abu Dhabi, I am sure there is a scene on the corniche and one of emirates palace

Some hotties in the movie though ha ha
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Its quite a few years old and was supposedly based on true events. When I saw it and having spent over 8 years in Saudi Arabia, my reaction was that it portrayed the Saudis quite accurately. I actually preferred Syriana as I don't like Jamie Fox. He does tend to over-act. I thought the Hurt Locker was very good too. Has anyone seen that new one about the Green Zone with Matt Damon? It looks like my cup of tea.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the movie was shot in a place in Abu Dhabi called Mussafah..although it's quite built on now, a few years ago it was ''labour camp'' city, and a few lowrise apartment blocks.It was a pretty grim place, seemed to be indian bachelors, shisha cafes and little grocery shops.

They also filmed in a petrol station on Airport rd..but had to take away all traces of ADNOC..quite funny.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:57 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Al Hamra compound on the night it was attacked/bombed in May 2003.

Suffice it to say the depiction of the attack scene is very accurate/similar to real events apart from the time of day it took place.

However, many of the things depicted outside the compound (Jamie Foxx roaming around with a gun, the girl he was with being allowed to roam around in a vest - load of crap)
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:04 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Any views?

xxx
The whole film was shot in Abu Dhabi. They use the Emirates Palace hotel as the fictional home of Saudi Prince.

When I was in Riyadh I stayed on one the compounds that was attacked in the event which serves as the premise for the film and I found it all scarily accurate. We even cruised around in the same big blacked out cars they used in the movie. I though it was pretty spot on as a representation of Riyadh (bit of dramatic licence allowed for).
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:20 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I was in Al Hamra compound on the night it was attacked/bombed in May 2003.
That must have been terrifying!

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
However, many of the things depicted outside the compound (Jamie Foxx roaming around with a gun, the girl he was with being allowed to roam around in a vest - load of crap)
Ha ha - true - she goes everywhere without an abaya at all; even full-length sleeves might have been vaguely credible, but the vest-top thing is just silly.

I thought the film was actually well balanced for an American one eg the Saudi cop who gets killed at the end is clearly one of the good guys, honorable and respected by the US team.

The most accurate bit possibly is the closing line of the dying Grandfather echoing exactly the words whispered at the start by the Americans - that's the true tragedy.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Any views?

xxx
as said some of it was filmed in ad.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by busybee2
as said some of it was filmed in ad.
Did you know that sections of the movie were actually filmed in Abu Dhabi?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Did you know that sections of the movie were actually filmed in Abu Dhabi?
No really were they???? didnt i say that.....! yes they filmed it along emirates palace and the corniche and in mussafah areas.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Its quite a few years old and was supposedly based on true events. When I saw it and having spent over 8 years in Saudi Arabia, my reaction was that it portrayed the Saudis quite accurately. I actually preferred Syriana as I don't like Jamie Fox. He does tend to over-act. I thought the Hurt Locker was very good too. Has anyone seen that new one about the Green Zone with Matt Damon? It looks like my cup of tea.
The Kingdom was great, I loved it.
Syrianna looks magic, will have to get that.
Hurt Locker is brilliant,
and Green Zone is pretty good, I think you;d like it.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:10 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
That must have been terrifying!

Ha ha - true - she goes everywhere without an abaya at all; even full-length sleeves might have been vaguely credible, but the vest-top thing is just silly.

I thought the film was actually well balanced for an American one eg the Saudi cop who gets killed at the end is clearly one of the good guys, honorable and respected by the US team.

The most accurate bit possibly is the closing line of the dying Grandfather echoing exactly the words whispered at the start by the Americans - that's the true tragedy.
to be fair I rather liked her wnadering around in that vest.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 7:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by busybee2
didnt i say that.....! yes they filmed it along emirates palace and the corniche and in mussafah areas.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

did u not see me driving down "wacky races" in the film
Old Jun 25th 2010, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
The Kingdom was great, I loved it.
Syrianna looks magic, will have to get that.
Hurt Locker is brilliant,
and Green Zone is pretty good, I think you;d like it.
...... and Syriana has Amanda Peet in it..............

Anyone who can still look stunning in a big woolly bobble hat (in A Lot Like Love with that bloke who's been shagging Demi Moore) is all right by me.
Attached Thumbnails The Kingdom- film-amanda-peet.jpg   The Kingdom- film-amanda-peet-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.