Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Killers rumoured Abu Dhabi Dec 8th

The Killers rumoured Abu Dhabi Dec 8th

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:38 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Killers rumoured Abu Dhabi Dec 8th

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
What is it with people who try to sound like music aficionados when they go on about how bands used to be good but aren't now? Pretentious twaddle. "Oh, I remember them when NOBODY knew them...playing sweaty clubs to a handful of fans...blah, blah, blah!"

Still, this generic statement is actually true about Oasis.

And Simple Minds.

And Auto, I thought the Killers woud be far too mainstream for you!
I never said that the Proclaimers were any good - just that I had seen them....and they were well past their sell by date then.

Right about Oaisis though - great first two albums in early 90's, then unbearable nasal droning ever since...they should have stayed broken up a long time ago....
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Ian Brown is playing Dubai Oct 1, may be worth going to see.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by benzonar
Along with Dirty Vegas apparently. Husband has bought himself a ticket. I passed due to being mega-fatly preggers by that time.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
I'd prefer Kasabian.
I like all Armenian bands...
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
I love their old stuff but the new stuff is pants.
Soukie, is it pants or is it just different
Sure they've diversified but musically it's still p.d quality
Refreshing too from a lot of contempories whose 2nd album
sounds like a replica of their 1st.
If it's true,Dec 8th...I'll put on my 4 tops and say
'I'll Be There' and I hope to buy Mata a 'Warninks Advocat
at the Intercontinental cuz I know she won't miss it.
'

Originally Posted by Autonomy
christ you furqhuars are hard to please.

arguably the biggest band of recent years. One that plays guitars and stuff and your still not half way pleased.

Commander - it's in your back yard man - sorry it's not Simple Minds, but you know it's pretty good...
Auto, can you firm up on it happening on the 8th at all?
Please.

Last edited by Eva; Sep 3rd 2009 at 6:15 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:05 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
What is it with people who try to sound like music aficionados when they go on about how bands used to be good but aren't now? Pretentious twaddle. "Oh, I remember them when NOBODY knew them...playing sweaty clubs to a handful of fans...blah, blah, blah!"

Still, this generic statement is actually true about Oasis.

And Simple Minds.

And Auto, I thought the Killers woud be far too mainstream for you!
The statement about bands being good before people knew them - I hate to say it, but 70% of the time the first album is the only one ever worth listening to.... youth and exuberance over experience and practice.... save for the few that break through and crack it - then the genius has room to mature.

Jimmy - I think I am one of the few people to love the lyrics to The Killers "Human", but then I do love HST too... Sam's Town was a great 2nd album too. Not (hot) fussed if they are "popular" or "mainstream" but if they excite me. Few bands do consistently, The Killers are one of them....
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:10 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Auto, can you firm up on it happening on the 8th at all? Please.
It's on some semi-official websites - am looking for "official" confirmation....
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:03 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by benzonar
Who is Ian Brown????
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto111
Who is Ian Brown????
tut tut moto...!! he was the stone roses frontman...

MM, xx
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Ian Brown????

Last edited by benzonar; Sep 5th 2009 at 5:19 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:21 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
tut tut moto...!! he was the stone roses frontman...

Mm, xx
Cheers MM, didn't like the stone roses, if its not Abba or The Nolans, then I just switch off, and I'm already booked for a party on the 1st

Last edited by moto111; Sep 5th 2009 at 5:21 pm. Reason: typo
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers MM, didn't like the stone roses, if its not Abba or The Nolans, then I just switch off, and I'm already booked for a party on the 1st
hahahaha, fair enough...you never know, maybe the nolans will do dubai one day, i can just see them at the irish village...

MM, xx
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:58 pm