Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Kids Pushed Off Balcony

Kids Pushed Off Balcony

Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids Pushed Off Balcony

Originally Posted by lionheart
My mother always told me it was impolite to call a person wrong simply because their view differs from yours. So let's just throw the bloody kids off the balcony or pop them in the microwave instead. It seems that we agree to disagree on this one so let us leave it at that...do you have kids by the way?
I have come into contact over the years with a few ex collegues who have suffered from severe depression and PTSS. They are great parents and have temporary bouts of very very low feelings (verging on suicidal).

Are you saying that these people should have their children taken away on the remote offchance that things get so bad they do something harmful?

These people need help....unfortunately its not very forthcoming from the MOD, but thats another story..

Every case is different..and to judge a case by a few snippets read in a paper/on line does not give an insight into the TRUE mental state of the 'patient', 'perpetrator' or whatever you want to call him..

To say you would kick him in the balls, is utterly stupid. Obviously words of a very very lucky person somewhat removed from the realities of life outside his own little bubble

and what difference does it make if Spugsy has kids or not?

Last edited by arbroath_abroad; Mar 27th 2008 at 8:38 am.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
To say you would kick him in the balls, is utterly stupid. Obviously words of a very very lucky person somewhat removed from the realities of life outside his own little bubble
What an inappropriate comment...having spent my entire childhood in various orphanages and foster homes, I do know a little about child abuse. Yes, my "kick him in the balls" remark may have been frivolous but surely you cannot tell me that such a punishment is severe enough. In the MOD guys probably get kicked in the balls for considerably less...they certainly did where I was brought up. Anyway, no hard feelings.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

What an inappropriate comment...having spent my entire childhood in various orphanages and foster homes, I do know a little about child abuse.
Im sorry to hear about that. If you indeed did spend your childhood in orphanages and foster holmes then you obviously have come into contact with people with phsycological 'issues' hence my further surprise at your comments....

Yes, my "kick him in the balls" remark may have been frivolous but surely you cannot tell me that such a punishment is severe enough.
Its not about severity, its just innappropriate...

In the MOD guys probably get kicked in the balls for considerably less...they certainly did where I was brought up.
Maybe back in the stone ages...

I think we all agree however that both cases mentioned here are truly tragic for everyone involved
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:20 am
Account Closed

AA...I think that enough has been said on this sensitive topic so let us agree to disagree. Have a nice weekend.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

AA...I think that enough has been said on this sensitive topic so let us agree to disagree. Have a nice weekend.
yup, lets end this thread now. you have a good 'un lionheart, certainly nothing on here is worth falling out about.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yup, lets end this thread now. you have a good 'un lionheart, certainly nothing on here is worth falling out about.
Unless we get around to talking about football and how Kevin Keegan will probably run away (again) rather than stay to help the Toon Army survive in the premiership...another thread, perhaps?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Unless we get around to talking about football and how Kevin Keegan will probably run away (again) rather than stay to help the Toon Army survive in the premiership...another thread, perhaps?
stop swearing!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

oh yes, we won't fall out though, I'd find you and kill you...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Unless AA told you that he'll punch you up if he sees you outside,just carry on...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Confucius
Unless AA told you that he'll punch you up if he sees you outside,just carry on...
my next post was going to be along the lines of if i meet him at an BE night out im gonna ****in punch his ****ing **** in....

thank god for swear filters.....
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:52 am
Account Closed

my next post was going to be along the lines of if i meet him at an BE night out im gonna ****in punch his ****ing **** in....

thank god for swear filters.....
Military thug alert!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Military thug alert!
those days are long gone my friend....

devoted husband and father alert nowadays....
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

those days are long gone my friend....

devoted husband and father alert nowadays....
Glad to hear it.