Kicking the habit

Old Dec 14th 2012, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kicking the habit

I replied on one of the threads this morning "..You know what you need to do - whether you have the will power to change only you decide.." whilst having my usual 4 cigs and black coffee to manually kick start my heart and braincell - and a few mins later i reflected on the my post.

I currently smoke in the region of 40 cigs a (good less stressful) day. The challenge is for me cut down to 20 a day for this week.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 11:51 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kicking the habit

Originally Posted by UKCityGent View Post
The challenge is for me cut down to 20 a day for this week.
Why muck around dilly dallying and not just shitcan the habit?
Old Dec 14th 2012, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Ive tried cold turkey, hypno, tree-huggin sessions (well only half a session before i walked out) before - so this time armed with an e-cig lets start slowly
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Why don't you go for all or nothing?

Champix worked for me (after a 20 a day 25 yr habit). It eliminates the requirement for willpower. Sends some folk screwy but if you can get along with the drug then it's a plain sailing way to quit.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:12 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I just can't understand why people smoke anyway?

Seriously, why start, why continue?

Totally bewilders me.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kix View Post

Totally bewilders me.
Because at aged 15 I enjoyed doing something I knew I damn well shouldn't be doing ..... aged 17 I realised I was a drug (nicotine) addict. It's a nasty insiduous drug and one that is very hard to quit.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:50 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Totally bewilders me.
I enjoy it, simple as that.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:15 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
I enjoy it, simple as that.
Fair comment, a bit like me and beer/wine etc.

Smoking is the ONLY vice I've never had any inclination to try.

That said, I do like the odd shisha
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:24 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Totally bewilders me.
Because it annoys people who post comments like this.

I'd still be puffing away if it wasn't for reading Allen Carr's Easy Way book (quit cold turkey after 20 years, magical book btw).

But sometimes, like now, I'd like to spark one up and inhale deeply just to $#^!ing perplex the kind of person who can't understand why anyone could start AND THEN they feel the need to voice their self-righteous oh-so-original opinion on the internet.

Catching my drift?

Damn, I might start smoking crack just so I don't turn into you.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Smoking is the ONLY vice I've never had any inclination to try.

That said, I do like the odd shisha
That is smoking, 50 - 100 fags per session.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:40 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
Because it annoys people who post comments like this.

I'd still be puffing away if it wasn't for reading Allen Carr's Easy Way book (quit cold turkey after 20 years, magical book btw).

But sometimes, like now, I'd like to spark one up and inhale deeply just to $#^!ing perplex the kind of person who can't understand why anyone could start AND THEN they feel the need to voice their self-righteous oh-so-original opinion on the internet.

Catching my drift?

Damn, I might start smoking crack just so I don't turn into you.
And you came all the way from the Aus forum to tell us that?

Try Meth, it's so much better than crack....
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:40 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
That is smoking, 50 - 100 fags per session.
The irony....
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I've gone with an e-cig that doesn't resemble a normal cigarette with a view to removing the social habit there. With cartomisers you can refill yourself, you can get all sorts of flavours compared to prefilled solutions.

This summer I spent a week camping and couldn't charge it, but away from my environment I only craved about 3 or 4 times. Coming back home the first thing I did when I walked in the door was charge it up. It's proving there is a social link to not only what you do with your hands, but your day to day habits that is strong enough to seriously contemplate. If we cannot 'escape' from our environment to give up, then we have to find ways to deal with it I guess.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Harder to quit cigarettes than to get off heroin.
Old Dec 15th 2012, 12:12 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
Harder to quit cigarettes than to get off heroin.
Based on your experiences?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.