Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Kick back to the Eighties!

Kick back to the Eighties!

Old Aug 11th 2012, 12:26 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kick back to the Eighties!

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Lancia Delta Integrale (chipped, of course)
Hair metal (Poison, Ratt, Crue...)
Nottingham Forest
Monsters Of Rock

and loads already listed
Ahhhh Hair Metal...and Monsters of Rock at Donnigton.

I'd also mention the Cold War, Back to the Future, The Goonies and computer games that took ten minutes to load (every time you wanted to play them).

N.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 5:54 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Ahhhh Hair Metal...and Monsters of Rock at Donnigton.

I'd also mention the Cold War, Back to the Future, The Goonies and computer games that took ten minutes to load (every time you wanted to play them).

N.
yea, the spectrum games. With the blue and yellow loading screens. Didnt it depend on the volume of the tape recorder?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 7:45 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Porky's ! I loved that movie as a youth
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Depeche Mode and Spandau Ballet
Very tight jeans with zips at the ankles
reading Judy Bloom Books especially the naughty one without my parents knowing
Barbie's house my friend/enemy had one and I didn't, I had stupid Cindy and My brother's old action man and the Jeep which was cool as f...
Watching Neighbours every night and wishing I was Kylie
Getting caught stealing softfruit sweets from the corner shop, telling them my real address and lying awake for 6 months terrified they would come round and tell my mum.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:32 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theseus
Depeche Mode and Spandau Ballet
Very tight jeans with zips at the ankles
reading Judy Bloom Books especially the naughty one without my parents knowing
Barbie's house my friend/enemy had one and I didn't, I had stupid Cindy and My brother's old action man and the Jeep which was cool as f...
Watching Neighbours every night and wishing I was Kylie
Getting caught stealing softfruit sweets from the corner shop, telling them my real address and lying awake for 6 months terrified they would come round and tell my mum.
I remember going home at Lunchtimes to watch Neighbours..........
Was Grolsch tops on shoes 80's?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah i'd forgotten about that - that was a Bros thing - i remember thinking the world would end if i couldn't marry Luke Goss. :rofl

edit* see also stealing VW badges from cars - Beastie boys/break dancing thing
Old Aug 12th 2012, 11:33 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

American football on Channel 4.

Oh, and The Tube.

Snooker, all the time everywhere...
Old Aug 12th 2012, 11:43 am

Hill Street Blues - be careful out there....
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

Quincey and Colombo.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Hill Street Blues - be careful out there....
Wonderful - the show that changed the face of TV police drama............ what happened to the excellent cast? Most of them sank without trace.......
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Airwolf
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by The Dean
Wonderful - the show that changed the face of TV police drama............ what happened to the excellent cast? Most of them sank without trace.......
I think a few of them got recycled through subsequent Stephen Bochco productions (NYPD Blue etc) but I agree, it's surprising more of them did not go on to become major fixtures in movies and TV.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:08 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Fame
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

unemployment - thatcher ( is she not dead yet ? ) - Billy Bragg - Anti Apartheid Gigs

right on brother
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow
Fame
Reminds me of owning several pairs of leg warmers - although really they should have been called ankle warmers because I certainly never wore them full stretch from ankle to knee!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.