Keyhole surgery

Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:43 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keyhole surgery

Keyhole surgery-keyhole.jpg
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

let me know how it goes, I need the same, been putting it off but the niggling pain is constant now
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
let me know how it goes, I need the same, been putting it off but the niggling pain is constant now
have it done sooner rather than later...monsieur medusa put it off for ages, but it was a total success and he now wishes he'd had it done sooner...

MM, xx
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:34 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Will let you know next week mate. But saw the doc, had an MRI 2 weeks later and then surgery 2 weeks after that - great stuff. Will get the keyhole surgery and cortisone injection into my heel at the same time.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
have it done sooner rather than later...monsieur medusa put it off for ages, but it was a total success and he now wishes he'd had it done sooner...

MM, xx
my brother in law had it and is now crippled but don't tell Spugsy
Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:50 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

my brother in law had it and is now crippled but don't tell Spugsy
Ok so was in at 6am, prepped and chilled in my room with ensuite etc (welcare hospital, garhoud) - operated on at 8am, slept til 11, watched real madrid tv and ate grapes, steamed chicken and tomato soup and then left at 4pm with ice packs, anti inflammatories and that was that.

Mega impressed, very efficient, incredibly friendly and happy staff - recommended.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 2:40 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

If it is keyhole surgery for a meniscular tear, it shouldn't be a major problem, though will take time and physio to fully recuperate.

I would imagine having both done at the same time may be more difficult.

They usually go in a slice off the 'offending piece/s' as well as flushing out the joint.

You can walk same day. I was back at work next day (but shouldn't have really). You will find the knees have swollen and will probably look worse than they are.

Mine was done back in 1990 ish. I seem to recall about 4 months of physio before it was fully OK to run on again.

I would advise not to rest too much and keep active (ie walking about rather than being a couch potato).

Regards your heel and the cortisone. Cortisone injection 'sort the problem' in that they relieve the pain, but they basically work by destroying the bad tissue and can cause long term problems if you have them too often in the same place.

I copied this from an article which I Googled:

If the pain does not resolve, an injection of cortisone can decrease the inflammation of plantar fasciitis. However, many physicians do not like to inject cortisone around the heel because potentially serious problems can happen cortisone injections in the heel area. The two problems that cause concern are fat pad atrophy and plantar fascial rupture. Both problems occur in a small percentage of patients, but they can worsen heel pain symptoms.

A new treatment for heel spurs chronic plantar fasciitis is being investigated. This treatment, called extracorporeal shock wave therapy, or ESWT, uses energy pulses to induce microtrauma to the tissue around the heel spur. This microtrauma is thought to induce a tissue repair process by the body. ESWT is recommended in patients who have failed the previously mentioned treatments, and are considering surgical options.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/gene...heelspur_2.htm
Old Jun 30th 2011, 5:47 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
If it is keyhole surgery for a meniscular tear, it shouldn't be a major problem, though will take time and physio to fully recuperate.

I would imagine having both done at the same time may be more difficult.

They usually go in a slice off the 'offending piece/s' as well as flushing out the joint.

You can walk same day. I was back at work next day (but shouldn't have really). You will find the knees have swollen and will probably look worse than they are.

Mine was done back in 1990 ish. I seem to recall about 4 months of physio before it was fully OK to run on again.

I would advise not to rest too much and keep active (ie walking about rather than being a couch potato).

Regards your heel and the cortisone. Cortisone injection 'sort the problem' in that they relieve the pain, but they basically work by destroying the bad tissue and can cause long term problems if you have them too often in the same place.

I copied this from an article which I Googled:

If the pain does not resolve, an injection of cortisone can decrease the inflammation of plantar fasciitis. However, many physicians do not like to inject cortisone around the heel because potentially serious problems can happen cortisone injections in the heel area. The two problems that cause concern are fat pad atrophy and plantar fascial rupture. Both problems occur in a small percentage of patients, but they can worsen heel pain symptoms.

A new treatment for heel spurs chronic plantar fasciitis is being investigated. This treatment, called extracorporeal shock wave therapy, or ESWT, uses energy pulses to induce microtrauma to the tissue around the heel spur. This microtrauma is thought to induce a tissue repair process by the body. ESWT is recommended in patients who have failed the previously mentioned treatments, and are considering surgical options.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/gene...heelspur_2.htm
To be honest the knee feels great, easily walking and stuff - back on Sat morning to take the whole leg bandage off for smaller dressings, then a week later to get the tiny stitches out. Am going to gym or maybe a swim on Monday as I blagged a couple of days off work.

Also I have exercises to get rid of teh heel spur, will take a year or maybe longer but injection was to get rid of pain, which wasn't bad but constant so glad it's gone.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
To be honest the knee feels great, easily walking and stuff - back on Sat morning to take the whole leg bandage off for smaller dressings, then a week later to get the tiny stitches out. Am going to gym or maybe a swim on Monday as I blagged a couple of days off work.

Also I have exercises to get rid of teh heel spur, will take a year or maybe longer but injection was to get rid of pain, which wasn't bad but constant so glad it's gone.
Cheers for sharing Spugs, you've convinced me it's time to get mine sorted out. I'm ok playing football once a week but any kind of exercise two days on the trot and I'm walking like a 60 year old. Let us know how it works out for you.....
Old Jul 1st 2011, 2:00 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, while exercise and sport is great for developing CV fitness, strength and endurance, many high impact activities (like football, rugby, road running) will wear out joints and connective tissues (tendons and ligaments) far more excessively than being a couch potato.

By the time you get to your mid fifties it all starts falling apart.

Just thought I would throw that in!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Spugsy, was your surgeon George John? I know him from a couple of bits of previous and he is very highly regarded..............
Old Jul 1st 2011, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Spugsy, was your surgeon George John? I know him from a couple of bits of previous and he is very highly regarded..............
he did monsier medusa's op...but apparently there was a case against him recently, and he moved hospitals, not sure of the details...

MM, xx
Old Jul 1st 2011, 8:11 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I've had bumhole surgery.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 9:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Cheers for sharing Spugs, you've convinced me it's time to get mine sorted out. I'm ok playing football once a week but any kind of exercise two days on the trot and I'm walking like a 60 year old. Let us know how it works out for you.....
Serious lads I've got a full leg bandage on and I get it off tomorrow and then small dressings, I have one stitch at each side of my knee and my knee feels better than it did last week - he reckons a month until I'm running but there is no stiffness, pain or anything - (I'm not going to but) I reckon I could run today if I wanted.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 9:32 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by The Dean
A cracking Indian fella called Dr Dandawate, at Welcare Hospital at Grahoud, behind the irish village.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.