Kaka Signs For City

Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kaka Signs For City

According to this, City have signed the 2007 FIFA World Footballer of the Year, although City deny that the deal has yet been formally signed. Whatever is the true picture, it looks like he is coming to join his buddy Robinho and hubby is presently on his fourth glass of Black Label to celebrate.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/54378...epts-city-deal
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kaka Signs For City

Originally Posted by Shadya
According to this, City have signed the 2007 FIFA World Footballer of the Year, although City deny that the deal has yet been formally signed. Whatever is the true picture, it looks like he is coming to join his buddy Robinho and hubby is presently on his fourth glass of Black Label to celebrate.

Why celebrate?

A - not definite yet (and may not happen at all)
B - complete waste of money - as I said in another thread, you could get Gerrard (a more complete and effective player) for half that amount.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:45 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Why celebrate?

A - not definite yet (and may not happen at all)
B - complete waste of money - as I said in another thread, you could get Gerrard (a more complete and effective player) for half that amount.
Gerrard better than Kaka?

I'll have a pint of what you're having!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Gerrard better than Kaka?

I'll have a pint of what you're having!
Kaka is too easily marked out of games, especially big games. He has moderate pace, and can disappear for long periods.

The fawning media scrutinised his contribution to the Champions League Final win over Liverpool and came up with "passed to the guy who set up Inzaghi's goal" and "instrumental in winning the foul" etc etc. Nothing of substance.

Be honest - how many great games can you remember him having? And how much is he helped in the Brazil team by having such good players around him?

Gerrard is close to being the perfect midfield player, and those who rate Lampard in the same class really should drink what you think I must be drinking.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:00 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Kaka is too easily marked out of games, especially big games. He has moderate pace, and can disappear for long periods.

The fawning media scrutinised his contribution to the Champions League Final win over Liverpool and came up with "passed to the guy who set up Inzaghi's goal" and "instrumental in winning the foul" etc etc. Nothing of substance.

Be honest - how many great games can you remember him having? And how much is he helped in the Brazil team by having such good players around him?

Gerrard is close to being the perfect midfield player, and those who rate Lampard in the same class really should drink what you think I must be drinking.
Yeah, but he's a dirty twat and is prone to throwing himself to the floor when he thinks he can win a penalty. He doesn't get half the stick Ronaldo (deservedly) gets.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Traitor...Italians never forget...Not even after 20 years!!!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree with the Lampard and Gerrard comparison, ole Frankie boy is ultra hyped and over rated - nowhere near the quality of Stevie G.

BUT - Stevie G still has a tendency to go missing in big games for England (the ones he doesn't miss through injury ), and if Man City did sign him, he change his mind at the last minute and decide he wants to stay at Liverpool...
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Kaka's potential on the pitch contribution is the sole reason they're going for him - it's as much the statement to other players that the Mighty Blues of Manchester are serious about their (re-)building project - so more big names will be willing to join the Blue revolution at the end of the season.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I don't think Kaka's potential on the pitch contribution is the sole reason they're going for him - it's as much the statement to other players that the Mighty Blues of Manchester are serious about their (re-)building project - so more big names will be willing to join the Blue revolution at the end of the season.
The latest rumours are of a signing that will split the City fans...can only be a United player, Rooney or Ronaldo? Watch this space.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

I prefer to watch rugby.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seraphnina
I prefer to watch rugby.
Who doesn't?

Still a good debate though........... as I said, I wouldn't waste GBP 100m on Kaka - I'd go for TWO GBP 50m players - they'd probably still be pretty useful......
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:46 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Will put this date down in my diary.....I agree with The Dean !!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Who doesn't?

Still a good debate though........... as I said, I wouldn't waste GBP 100m on Kaka - I'd go for TWO GBP 50m players - they'd probably still be pretty useful......
You can buy 100,000 Dubai labourers with that amount of money...
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

The latest rumours are of a signing that will split the City fans...can only be a United player, Rooney or Ronaldo? Watch this space.

Dennis Law? Bryan Kidd?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

He hasn't signed and if he has any sense about him he won't. It's going to take City at least 3 to 4 years to get to top flight level where they're challenging for the league....Kaka will be in his 30's by this time.

No matter what they do it won't change that two-bit club. That money would be better spent in their own country (UAE) than sending it to Italy.

Gerrard is class, Lampard can only perform for his club......Carrick is for me one of the best central midfielders in the league at present.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.