Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Justice for Natalie- Merged thread

Justice for Natalie- Merged thread

Old Jul 14th 2012, 2:05 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice
Default Re: Justice for Natalie

Originally Posted by Kix
It's got nothing to do with medical insurance, it's negligence on behalf of the hotel.
ok lets say its the hotels fold that the board flipped on her head. As far as i see the courts agreed on this but what is their expectation?

I guess we all have medical insurances right? they dont, so now what they are expecting exactly from the Hotel, this is what i dont get.

I dont think that a Hotel in europe will cover all the costs for her rest of life. At the end the Hotel will have also insurance for such a things, accidents, but will the cover in UK the following costs for the next 40 years??
Old Jul 14th 2012, 2:08 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by guuuude
ok lets say its the hotels fold that the board flipped on her head. As far as i see the courts agreed on this but what is their expectation?

I guess we all have medical insurances right? they dont, so now what they are expecting exactly from the Hotel, this is what i dont get.

I dont think that a Hotel in europe will cover all the costs for her rest of life. At the end the Hotel will have also insurance for such a things, accidents, but will the cover in UK the following costs for the next 40 years??
If you read what happened, she was smacked on the head (rendering her unconscious) by a hotel fitting that should have been secured to the wall. It wasn't, if it was there wouldn't have been a problem.

Emirates Palace MUST take the blame.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yes Yes Yes............. but - asking again - what's her full name??????
Why do you ask?
Old Jul 14th 2012, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

MS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really nice

I know Natalie. She had the accident four years ago and has almost died many times, been in comas etc. It has been a horrendous time for her and her family, her career is essentially ruined, she cannot drive anymore, she cannot even have a bath alone and most of the time cannot be alone due to the severity of her seizures and how weak she is from being ill for so long. She paints on a smile, but most people don't realise how much she really suffers. Nat had medical insurance when she was at the hotel and that was the case for a while but now nobody will insure her for pre existing conditions so she and her husband are on their own. They now have to take a 50 minute drive to get to the nearest emergency room, if she goes back into life threatening status (a seizure that does not stop) she most probably would not make it to the hospital in time. The accident happened there, they met the management two days after the incident when Natalie was throwing up, had a totally messed up face and head from the injury and could barely walk. They know what happened and nobody is denying it happened but they keep appealing and appealing wasting more and more time, meanwhile Nat gets worse and has more problems because of all the medications she takes (which have horrendous side effects) I asked Nat's husband to send me all the info on the situation so I was fully equipped to be factual and tell her story correctly. Nat is a wonderful person who did not deserve this. Her and her family have been to hell and back and then back again. Her amazing husband and her got married after cancelling the wedding three times due to Nat being in hospital...she lost her independence, her quality of life - everything. Please share this story. They need your help and support. PLease see her FB page Justice for Natalie. Thank you
Old Jul 14th 2012, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

MS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really niceMS1972 is just really nice

Originally Posted by guuuude

She lives in Dubai and has done for ten years, she had medical insurance but now nobody will insure her for pre exisiting conditions. They are at fault, it's their negligence so they need to help her get treatment before it's too late.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 3:29 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Some of us, who live or have lived in UAE, are very sympathetic to your cause. Unfortunately there are some arseholes on here.

I'm sure pretty much everyone on here wish you all the very best.

We'll do what we can to help.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for that. Luckily I didn't read the horrible comments, I don't really understand people like that. But you can bet your life if it was their close friend, wife, daughter or mother etc they wouldn't be laughing.

Really appreciate your support, please visit her FB page if you haven't already on Justice for Natalie

x
Old Jul 14th 2012, 4:41 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Let's all pull back on the name calling shall we. I've deleted one over the top post, but I note some other derogatory terms being thrown about

Thanks all ... as you were.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 5:13 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Let's all pull back on the name calling shall we. I've deleted one over the top post, but I note some other derogatory terms being thrown about

Thanks all ... as you were.
Why not nip the bud?

Anyway. I feel sorry for her, but sadly, it's bad luck it happened at the Emirates Palace. She'll be lucky if she gets told to **** off, never mind receive a Dirham.

Wasta at work.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Why do you ask?
What?? I can't help anyone on the basis of 'Justice for Natalie'...... is there a fund-raising effort (to cover legal fees etc)? What about a boycott of the hotel? You know my e-mail address - send me the details if you don't want to post them here........
Old Jul 14th 2012, 6:29 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Why not nip the bud?

Anyway. I feel sorry for her, but sadly, it's bad luck it happened at the Emirates Palace. She'll be lucky if she gets told to **** off, never mind receive a Dirham.

Wasta at work.
True, but if they get enough grief without ever admitting guilt they will give money on the quiet.

Just dont expect to get it from the legal system.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh this is a shocking story and could happen to anyone - seems like the hotel should seriously get themselves sorted and offer a proper compensation package. This is the hotel that has been frequented by the rich and famous. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have stayed there and John Terry!!!! I think the organisers of the Facebook pages should write to Messrs Blair etc advising then to boycott the hotel in the future. I hope this gets good coverage in the media to warn others. A typical case of 'low maintenance' or 'no maintenance' appears to have caused this and it's frightening to think it could happen to any one of us.

Last edited by soukie; Jul 14th 2012 at 7:09 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Justice for Natalie

Have you come across this case?

In 2008 a woman was severely injured when something fell on her head when she was staying at Emirates Palace Hotel, am electrical system that was at the top of a wardrobe, but not properly affixed.

My understanding is the that hotel (part of the Kempinski group) has offered little support, no compensation and is going using the legal system in order to NOT pay for her expensive medical treatment. The company is removing negative comments on social media.

Accidents happen, but a company of this size should take responsibility and do the right things, especially when something happens at a flagship hotel like Emirates Palace.

There is a facebook group if anyone wants more information https://www.facebook.com/#!/JusticeForNatalie

People are trying to get press coverage in order to pressure the company into taking action, but voting with your feet by boycotting Kempinski sites and spreading the word will probably do the most good.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:26 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It's sad to see a major hotel won't admit liability for being at fault and compensate her in some manner. This is unfortunately typical in this region and may never be resolved as the judicial system is weak and underdeveloped.

Putting my work hat (sorry but it has to be said) on I can only advise all expats to not rely on medical insurance alone. That will pay the doctor's fees but it won't replace/shore up your income while you are convalescing (on in poor Natalie's case help with her likely permanent care). The region as a whole, and especially the expat community is woefully under insured when it comes to accident/critical illness/income protection. This isn't a plug for business, I'm busy enough already - whoever you deal with for money matters ask them about these sorts of things, especially if you're the main breadwinner. End of work rant.

I really hope pressure can be put on the hotel group to admit liability and pay for Natalie's bills. Beyond a FB group is there anything we can do to help?

N.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
It's got nothing to do with medical insurance, it's negligence on behalf of the hotel.
Exactly.

I don't know here full name, but I presume Lalalayla does. I'm posting so people hear about it.

The hotel could have acted so much better than they have. I doubt Natalie will win the case, but if people care at all, then they can do something about it themselves.

BC - can you stop promoting them on your blog, for example? Others can not go to the hotels.

Lalalayla - Is she British? If so, I'll send details to some contacts in UK press.

Last edited by Meow; Jul 15th 2012 at 8:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.