British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Just A Quickie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/just-quickie-590759/)

lionheart Feb 11th 2009 8:06 am

Just A Quickie

Was watching Parkinson on Showtime the other night. His all-female guests included the lively and lovely Sharon Osbourne, the delightful but dull Sophie Dahl but the third guest I missed. She is that oldish, foul-mouthed American comedienne with lots of cosmetic surgery. I can picture her but cannot for the life of me remember her name. Please put me out of my misery. I did try googling Parky and US comediennes but to no effect.

Bison Feb 11th 2009 8:08 am

Re: Just A Quickie

Ruby Wax?

Eva Feb 11th 2009 8:08 am

The grotesque (in all ways) Joan Rivers?

Roadking Feb 11th 2009 8:11 am

Condoleezza Rice?

TGFKASE Feb 11th 2009 8:18 am

Sarah Palin?

nottmbantam Feb 11th 2009 8:19 am

Going by his description, can only be Joan Rivers.

BangleMan Feb 11th 2009 8:20 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7273676)
Was watching Parkinson on Showtime the other night. His all-female guests included the lively and lovely Sharon Osbourne, the delightful but dull Sophie Dahl but the third guest I missed. She is that oldish, foul-mouthed American comedienne with lots of cosmetic surgery. I can picture her but cannot for the life of me remember her name. Please put me out of my misery. I did try googling Parky and US comediennes but to no effect.

the lovely Sharon Osborne, are you serious, she's a right old trout

Grace O Malley Feb 11th 2009 8:20 am

Joan Rivers

MataHari Feb 11th 2009 8:26 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7273715)
the lovely Sharon Osborne, are you serious, she's a right old trout

you should read her autobiography...made me see her in a completely different light...I think she is a great woman...

BangleMan Feb 11th 2009 8:31 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7273731)
you should read her autobiography...made me see her in a completely different light...I think she is a great woman...

No thanks.......she's a spiteful, foul mouthed, low life, made good.

MataHari Feb 11th 2009 8:31 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7273745)
No thanks.......she's a spiteful, foul mouthed, low life, made good.

fine...have it your way

lionheart Feb 11th 2009 10:23 am

Joan Rivers was the one I was looking for. Thanks to all concerned. As for Sharon Osbourne, anybody that can endure the obnoxious manners and behaviour of Ozzie 24/7 deserves a medal. In my eyes, Sharon is a saint.

BangleMan Feb 11th 2009 11:09 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7273989)
Joan Rivers was the one I was looking for. Thanks to all concerned. As for Sharon Osbourne, anybody that can endure the obnoxious manners and behaviour of Ozzie 24/7 deserves a medal. In my eyes, Sharon is a saint.

i guess Shadya Osborne has a certain ring to it...

Blue Cat Feb 11th 2009 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7273989)

another fan here! I think she is amazing.

The Dean Feb 11th 2009 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7274595)
another fan here! I think she is amazing.

Always admired her for telling a contestant on that X Factor (or whatever it's called) that he had terrible BO........... only a deeply thoughtful woman would say that..............