Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Just popped in to say hello xx

Just popped in to say hello xx

Old Jun 25th 2015, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just popped in to say hello xx

Well, I am settled in Crete I moved on the1st of April and stayed in a hotel for a month and a half until my container eventually got here.
In that time I found a lovely apartment, right on the seafront, I have got all my paperwork sorted, business license, health card, tax and vat number. I have already got 6 clients which considering that I only got everything set up and ready to go at the start of June is wonderful.

A bottle of prosecco is roughly 27dhs in the supermarket and about 100dhs in a restaurant I can eat out for about 50dhs, lots of lovely mezes, lamb or pork chops, salad and half a kilo of wine! It is almost July and I haven't put my a/c on at all, I walk (!!!) a lot, I love the fact that I can sit in the main square and have a coffee and watch life go on around me... It is tough for the Cretans.. for all Greeks right now but they still manage to enjoy life.
Anyway... I just thought I would say hello.. Crete is a wonderful Island and if any of you fancy a holiday let me know and I will give you some suggestions for nice hotels and hopefully meet up of a drink xxx
Old Jun 25th 2015, 8:15 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just popped in to say hello xx

Oh hello you!
Old Jun 26th 2015, 12:34 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the thread title and I was hoping this was you.

Hi !

So pleased to read it is all going well for you over there.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 12:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh it's you darling. It's terribly nice to hear from you.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there! So pleased to hear that all is well. I was a bit reluctent to enquire as some of my shipping went astray and did not arrive,so did not
want to put a janx ( ahem...) upon it.

Hope all is well,

R
Old Jun 26th 2015, 3:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

good to see you Patsy - sounds like life is going well
Old Jun 26th 2015, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx View Post
Hello there! So pleased to hear that all is well. I was a bit reluctent to enquire as some of my shipping went astray and did not arrive,so did not
want to put a janx ( ahem...) upon it.

Hope all is well,

R
Well all I can say is if anybody is moving NEVER use Global Relocations, they are crap and I can say this freely because I don't live in Dubai anymore :-D
My shipment was 16 days late, which meant I had to stay in the hotel for another 2 weeks. When we were unpacking I discovered evening/cocktail dresses and jackets that were suppose to be flatpacked, screwed up and stuffed into a shelving unit along with 2 toilet brushes and a waste bin!!!
Anyway, it is over and I am in my apartment. It is good to be back in the real world again after 11 years :-D This is the view from my apartment if you are interested :-D xx
Attached Thumbnails Just popped in to say hello xx-10409090_10153368615837577_3258876388512967872_n.jpg   Just popped in to say hello xx-11092117_10153290135357577_1416843510429773199_o.jpg  
Old Jun 26th 2015, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned View Post
Well all I can say is if anybody is moving NEVER use Global Relocations, they are crap and I can say this freely because I don't live in Dubai anymore :-D
My shipment was 16 days late, which meant I had to stay in the hotel for another 2 weeks. When we were unpacking I discovered evening/cocktail dresses and jackets that were suppose to be flatpacked, screwed up and stuffed into a shelving unit along with 2 toilet brushes and a waste bin!!!
Anyway, it is over and I am in my apartment. It is good to be back in the real world again after 11 years :-D This is the view from my apartment if you are interested :-D xx
What a glorious view! The view out of my windows are, front, an elderly tree, good in summer, depressing in autumn/winter, and out the back, I have the wonderful view of an abandoned hay barn....
Old Jun 27th 2015, 9:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot to mention the gorgeous kittens!
Old Jun 27th 2015, 10:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to hear it's all going well. Good luck and have fun!
Old Jun 27th 2015, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Lol..oh yes.. I have 4 lovely kittens, they were going to be dumped in the street so I had to have them :-D
Old Jun 28th 2015, 5:46 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I have got all my paperwork sorted, .... tax and vat number
The most honest person in Greece.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update - glad you are enjoying Crete. Sounds great and so much cheaper than here

Last edited by soukie; Jun 28th 2015 at 12:10 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Lol..oh yes.. I have 4 lovely kittens, they were going to be dumped in the street so I had to have them :-D
Naah! Kittens are not good enough a company. What a lady needs in such a picturesque, yet a terribly lonely place is actually a lover’s company for those romantic walks by the sea side and the comfortable tuck-in at night!!!
Old Jun 28th 2015, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
I've got an idea for you Meow! I remember once watching a story in the news about a Russian lady who kept something like a hundred cats in her flat, each one with its own name. May be something worth considering for future retirement….. No?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.