British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Just popped in to say hello xx (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/just-popped-say-hello-xx-860773/)

Patsy Stoned Jun 25th 2015 7:48 pm

Just popped in to say hello xx

Well, I am settled in Crete :rofl: I moved on the1st of April and stayed in a hotel for a month and a half until my container eventually got here.
In that time I found a lovely apartment, right on the seafront, I have got all my paperwork sorted, business license, health card, tax and vat number. I have already got 6 clients which considering that I only got everything set up and ready to go at the start of June is wonderful.

A bottle of prosecco is roughly 27dhs in the supermarket and about 100dhs in a restaurant :thumbsup: I can eat out for about 50dhs, lots of lovely mezes, lamb or pork chops, salad and half a kilo of wine! It is almost July and I haven't put my a/c on at all, I walk (!!!) a lot, I love the fact that I can sit in the main square and have a coffee and watch life go on around me... It is tough for the Cretans.. for all Greeks right now but they still manage to enjoy life.
Anyway... I just thought I would say hello.. Crete is a wonderful Island and if any of you fancy a holiday let me know and I will give you some suggestions for nice hotels and hopefully meet up of a drink ;) xxx

Bob Jun 25th 2015 8:15 pm

Re: Just popped in to say hello xx

Oh hello you! :)

BEVS Jun 26th 2015 12:34 am

I saw the thread title and I was hoping this was you. :fingerscrossed:

Hi !

So pleased to read it is all going well for you over there. :starsmile:

Jerseygirl Jun 26th 2015 12:42 am

Oh it's you darling. It's terribly nice to hear from you. :wave:

OleJanx Jun 26th 2015 3:21 am

Hello there! So pleased to hear that all is well. I was a bit reluctent to enquire as some of my shipping went astray and did not arrive,so did not
want to put a janx ( ahem...) upon it.

Hope all is well,

R

old.sparkles Jun 26th 2015 3:53 am

good to see you Patsy - sounds like life is going well :)

Patsy Stoned Jun 26th 2015 6:26 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 11685076)
Hello there! So pleased to hear that all is well. I was a bit reluctent to enquire as some of my shipping went astray and did not arrive,so did not
want to put a janx ( ahem...) upon it.

Hope all is well,

R

Well all I can say is if anybody is moving NEVER use Global Relocations, they are crap and I can say this freely because I don't live in Dubai anymore :-D
My shipment was 16 days late, which meant I had to stay in the hotel for another 2 weeks. When we were unpacking I discovered evening/cocktail dresses and jackets that were suppose to be flatpacked, screwed up and stuffed into a shelving unit along with 2 toilet brushes and a waste bin!!!
Anyway, it is over and I am in my apartment. It is good to be back in the real world again after 11 years :-D This is the view from my apartment if you are interested :-D xx

OleJanx Jun 26th 2015 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11685151)
Well all I can say is if anybody is moving NEVER use Global Relocations, they are crap and I can say this freely because I don't live in Dubai anymore :-D
My shipment was 16 days late, which meant I had to stay in the hotel for another 2 weeks. When we were unpacking I discovered evening/cocktail dresses and jackets that were suppose to be flatpacked, screwed up and stuffed into a shelving unit along with 2 toilet brushes and a waste bin!!!
Anyway, it is over and I am in my apartment. It is good to be back in the real world again after 11 years :-D This is the view from my apartment if you are interested :-D xx

What a glorious view! The view out of my windows are, front, an elderly tree, good in summer, depressing in autumn/winter, and out the back, I have the wonderful view of an abandoned hay barn....

Meow Jun 27th 2015 9:03 am

You forgot to mention the gorgeous kittens! :wub:

Bahtatboy Jun 27th 2015 10:59 am

Pleased to hear it's all going well. Good luck and have fun! :D

Patsy Stoned Jun 27th 2015 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11686110)

Lol..oh yes.. I have 4 lovely kittens, they were going to be dumped in the street so I had to have them :-D

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 28th 2015 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11684865)
I have got all my paperwork sorted, .... tax and vat number

The most honest person in Greece.

soukie Jun 28th 2015 10:14 am

Thanks for the update - glad you are enjoying Crete. Sounds great and so much cheaper than here :)

redShark Jun 28th 2015 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11686184)
Lol..oh yes.. I have 4 lovely kittens, they were going to be dumped in the street so I had to have them :-D

Naah! Kittens are not good enough a company. What a lady needs in such a picturesque, yet a terribly lonely place is actually a lover’s company for those romantic walks by the sea side and the comfortable tuck-in at night!!! ;)

redShark Jun 28th 2015 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11686110)

I've got an idea for you Meow! I remember once watching a story in the news about a Russian lady who kept something like a hundred cats in her flat, each one with its own name. May be something worth considering for future retirement….. No?:confused: