Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Just popped in to say hello xx

Just popped in to say hello xx

Old Jun 25th 2015, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just popped in to say hello xx

Well, I am settled in Crete I moved on the1st of April and stayed in a hotel for a month and a half until my container eventually got here.
In that time I found a lovely apartment, right on the seafront, I have got all my paperwork sorted, business license, health card, tax and vat number. I have already got 6 clients which considering that I only got everything set up and ready to go at the start of June is wonderful.

A bottle of prosecco is roughly 27dhs in the supermarket and about 100dhs in a restaurant I can eat out for about 50dhs, lots of lovely mezes, lamb or pork chops, salad and half a kilo of wine! It is almost July and I haven't put my a/c on at all, I walk (!!!) a lot, I love the fact that I can sit in the main square and have a coffee and watch life go on around me... It is tough for the Cretans.. for all Greeks right now but they still manage to enjoy life.
Anyway... I just thought I would say hello.. Crete is a wonderful Island and if any of you fancy a holiday let me know and I will give you some suggestions for nice hotels and hopefully meet up of a drink xxx
Old Jun 25th 2015, 8:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just popped in to say hello xx

Oh hello you!
Old Jun 26th 2015, 12:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I saw the thread title and I was hoping this was you.

Hi !

So pleased to read it is all going well for you over there.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 12:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh it's you darling. It's terribly nice to hear from you.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there! So pleased to hear that all is well. I was a bit reluctent to enquire as some of my shipping went astray and did not arrive,so did not
want to put a janx ( ahem...) upon it.

Hope all is well,

R
Old Jun 26th 2015, 3:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

good to see you Patsy - sounds like life is going well
Old Jun 26th 2015, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Hello there! So pleased to hear that all is well. I was a bit reluctent to enquire as some of my shipping went astray and did not arrive,so did not
want to put a janx ( ahem...) upon it.

Hope all is well,

R
Well all I can say is if anybody is moving NEVER use Global Relocations, they are crap and I can say this freely because I don't live in Dubai anymore :-D
My shipment was 16 days late, which meant I had to stay in the hotel for another 2 weeks. When we were unpacking I discovered evening/cocktail dresses and jackets that were suppose to be flatpacked, screwed up and stuffed into a shelving unit along with 2 toilet brushes and a waste bin!!!
Anyway, it is over and I am in my apartment. It is good to be back in the real world again after 11 years :-D This is the view from my apartment if you are interested :-D xx
Attached Thumbnails Just popped in to say hello xx-10409090_10153368615837577_3258876388512967872_n.jpg   Just popped in to say hello xx-11092117_10153290135357577_1416843510429773199_o.jpg  
Old Jun 26th 2015, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Well all I can say is if anybody is moving NEVER use Global Relocations, they are crap and I can say this freely because I don't live in Dubai anymore :-D
My shipment was 16 days late, which meant I had to stay in the hotel for another 2 weeks. When we were unpacking I discovered evening/cocktail dresses and jackets that were suppose to be flatpacked, screwed up and stuffed into a shelving unit along with 2 toilet brushes and a waste bin!!!
Anyway, it is over and I am in my apartment. It is good to be back in the real world again after 11 years :-D This is the view from my apartment if you are interested :-D xx
What a glorious view! The view out of my windows are, front, an elderly tree, good in summer, depressing in autumn/winter, and out the back, I have the wonderful view of an abandoned hay barn....
Old Jun 27th 2015, 9:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot to mention the gorgeous kittens!
Old Jun 27th 2015, 10:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to hear it's all going well. Good luck and have fun!
Old Jun 27th 2015, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
Lol..oh yes.. I have 4 lovely kittens, they were going to be dumped in the street so I had to have them :-D
Old Jun 28th 2015, 5:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I have got all my paperwork sorted, .... tax and vat number
The most honest person in Greece.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update - glad you are enjoying Crete. Sounds great and so much cheaper than here

Last edited by soukie; Jun 28th 2015 at 12:10 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Lol..oh yes.. I have 4 lovely kittens, they were going to be dumped in the street so I had to have them :-D
Naah! Kittens are not good enough a company. What a lady needs in such a picturesque, yet a terribly lonely place is actually a lover’s company for those romantic walks by the sea side and the comfortable tuck-in at night!!!
Old Jun 28th 2015, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meow
I've got an idea for you Meow! I remember once watching a story in the news about a Russian lady who kept something like a hundred cats in her flat, each one with its own name. May be something worth considering for future retirement….. No?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.