Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

is it just me or are Ramadan rules getting tougher this year?

is it just me or are Ramadan rules getting tougher this year?

Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:51 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default is it just me or are Ramadan rules getting tougher this year?

Morning Bored,

I was in a pub last night enjoying a well earned end of week beverage when I discovered that there are new dress code rules for this year. Jumeriah have now declared that men must not wear shorts and women must wear skirts below the knees with shoulders covered in all of their bars/restaurants during the holy month.

The upside, according to my wife is that she gets a free pashmina every time we go out as all of her nice dresses are low cut :-)

I understand they have a selection of colours to match whatever shade the ladies are wearing.

Seriously, I dont mind Ramadan as it is generally a time to get to know more about our muslim brothers and sisters and things get a bit calmer for a few weeks. Has anyone else seen any new (or more enforced) rules this year? Just curious.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 7:51 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is it just me or are Ramadan rules getting tougher this year?

Originally Posted by TheShed
Morning Bored,

I was in a pub last night enjoying a well earned end of week beverage when I discovered that there are new dress code rules for this year. Jumeriah have now declared that men must not wear shorts and women must wear skirts below the knees with shoulders covered in all of their bars/restaurants during the holy month.

The upside, according to my wife is that she gets a free pashmina every time we go out as all of her nice dresses are low cut :-)

I understand they have a selection of colours to match whatever shade the ladies are wearing.

Seriously, I dont mind Ramadan as it is generally a time to get to know more about our muslim brothers and sisters and things get a bit calmer for a few weeks. Has anyone else seen any new (or more enforced) rules this year? Just curious.
From the people who I've been speaking to, it's not that the rules are stricter - more just that it's so much hotter this Ramadan and so people are wearing clothes they wouldn't have necessarily worn last year.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 7:59 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Bored,

Really?....
P.S. As far as I am aware, women should always wear skirts on their knee or below and shoulders covered at all times not just Ramadan-but- it's been some time since I lived there all year round.Certain things haven't changed that much though.
Anyway,there is pashmina and acrylic is there not?
Old Aug 13th 2010, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Bored,

jumeirah offer pashminas all year...the trouble is, their colour range is very distinctive (apart from the black of course) so it's pretty obvious where it's been nicked from, lol...

having seen some of the expanses of white flesh on display in the uk at the mo, i kinda wish ramadan dress was enforced here too...

MM, xx
Old Aug 13th 2010, 8:03 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
jumeirah offer pashminas all year...the trouble is, their colour range is very distinctive (apart from the black of course) so it's pretty obvious where it's been nicked from, lol...

having seen some of the expanses of white flesh on display in the uk at the mo, i kinda wish ramadan dress was enforced here too...

MM, xx
ditto US of A....
Old Aug 13th 2010, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
ditto US of A....
oh hell, they are in a whole different league...!

MM, xx
Old Aug 13th 2010, 8:19 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh hell, they are in a whole different league...!

MM, xx
Hahaha...omfg-never seen the likes in all my years.....I feel like Kate Moss
I'm a Uk 12 bottoms 14/16 tops but omg...7 States now and I swear it's getting bigger and bolder!
The fatty boombooms demand a place at the front of the restuarant or concert or cinema queues .
All this talk about Obama and passing the Healthcare Bill???
Jeezus- so many have top of the range wheelies and walking frames.
Not old people ! young fat people who opt into that condition
Some needy paid- up NHS veterens in the UK would be grateful for same.
It's truly frightening.USA, a nation of teletubbies, controls the world.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 10:56 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Hahaha...omfg-never seen the likes in all my years.....I feel like Kate Moss
I'm a Uk 12 bottoms 14/16 tops but omg...7 States now and I swear it's getting bigger and bolder!
The fatty boombooms demand a place at the front of the restuarant or concert or cinema queues .
All this talk about Obama and passing the Healthcare Bill???
Jeezus- so many have top of the range wheelies and walking frames.
Not old people ! young fat people who opt into that condition
Some needy paid- up NHS veterens in the UK would be grateful for same.
It's truly frightening.USA, a nation of teletubbies, controls the world.
well have you seen the whole "feeder" subculture?! People get together to fatten up with the goal of becoming morbidly obese. There are forums to help you on the path too.... quite disturbing really when you see someone post "oh, my goal in life is to become so fat I can't move to feed myself any more."... and then more from people offering genuine encouragement.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 11:45 pm
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about

^ Are you for real? Thats gross.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Madam Medusa;

MM, xx[/QUOTE]

ha ha that made me laugh....
Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

The call to prayer is def louder, I don't usually here it, but today it just seems really loud...
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:03 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
The call to prayer is def louder, I don't usually here it, but today it just seems really loud...
It's "hear'.

hehehe
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Roadking
It's "hear'.

hehehe
Well I'm TIRED......
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Roadking
It's "hear'.

hehehe
but ooh you so gonna get it doll, I am gonna be watching you very closely..
Old Aug 14th 2010, 4:01 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
"feeder" subculture?!...
How do you even stumble upon this stuff?
Originally Posted by Eva
USA, a nation of teletubbies, controls the world.
BRIC countries are the future dear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.