British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Is it just me?... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/just-me-569994/)

MissDemeanor Oct 29th 2008 11:29 am

Is it just me?...

It probably is.....

Today i lost my phone in the Ibn Battuta mall and sent me into a panic.
The woman in Debenhams asks me for my number so she can phone it....
I dont know what my number is.I dont know what the house number is...or anyone else apart from Dads off by heart and thats not going to help me much.
The numbers go into the phone and I hit the button when i want to call them.

How bad is that?

Luckily SF phoned it and its been found in Next...just as well because i dont know his number either!

MataHari Oct 29th 2008 11:31 am

Re: Is it just me?...

lol...I know your number :sneaky:

MissDemeanor Oct 29th 2008 11:32 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6921319)
lol...I know your number :sneaky:

I was about to PM you to get it when SF called!

MataHari Oct 29th 2008 11:33 am

anyway...how did SF phoning made it come to you again...did they answer it at Next and send out a search party...

MissDemeanor Oct 29th 2008 11:34 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6921322)
anyway...how did SF phoning made it come to you again...did they answer it at Next and send out a search party...

I left it on the counter apparently when i was paying for something..they answered it in the shop.I was convinced it was in the changing rooms in Debenhams and someone had nicked it.

MissDemeanor Oct 29th 2008 11:38 am

Tonight will be spent putting all my phone numbers onto the computer...just incase.:o

lionheart Oct 29th 2008 11:41 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6921315)
It probably is.....

Yes dear, it probably is...next you will be telling us you don't even know your address (villa and street numbers).:D

MissDemeanor Oct 29th 2008 11:43 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6921349)
Yes dear, it probably is...next you will be telling us you don't even know your address (villa and street numbers).:D

Ive got an address?!

MataHari Oct 29th 2008 11:43 am

you have to go outside for that don't you...

MissDemeanor Oct 29th 2008 11:45 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6921358)
you had to go outside for that didn't you...

well I could always have asked you.

Roadking Oct 29th 2008 11:53 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6921362)
well I could always have asked you.

Yep, said it before; MH is the font of all knowledge!:lol:

The Dean Oct 29th 2008 11:53 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6921315)
It probably is.....

Today i lost my phone in the Ibn Battuta mall and sent me into a panic.
The woman in Debenhams asks me for my number so she can phone it....
I dont know what my number is.I dont know what the house number is...or anyone else apart from Dads off by heart and thats not going to help me much.
The numbers go into the phone and I hit the button when i want to call them.

How bad is that?

Luckily SF phoned it and its been found in Next...just as well because i dont know his number either!

Is it just you??

OK confession time.............

I know my passport number off by heart.......... I know my Saudi visa number....... I can remember my Nat Ins No from back in the UK, and also my NHS number............ I can remember our first telephone number when I was growing up as a kid in Bedford in a house I haven't lived in for the last 43 years.......

Is it just me? I don't deliberately memorise these numbers - they just somehow stick in my mind..........

MataHari Oct 29th 2008 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 6921385)
Yep, said it before; MH is the font of all knowledge!:lol:

I know nothing...

MissDemeanor Oct 29th 2008 11:56 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6921386)
Is it just you??

I know my passport number off by heart.......... I know my Saudi visa number....... I can remember my Nat Ins No from back in the UK, and also my NHS number............ I can remember our first telephone number when I was growing up as a kid in Bedford in a house I haven't lived in for the last 43 years.......

Is it just me? I don't deliberately memorise these numbers - they just somehow stick in my mind..........

Ok Carol Vorderman!
It is weird though...I can remember the phone numbers of all the houses i lived in from the age of 6 upwards.....ask me where i was last Tuesday...couldnt tell you.

Grace O Malley Oct 29th 2008 11:58 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6921386)
Is it just you??

I remember my NI number, passport no, parents first house UK yes, my first house in uk, my godmothers number, my mobile AT A PUSH