Julian Assange

Old Aug 19th 2012, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Julian Assange

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mi...y-under-threat
Old Aug 25th 2012, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

It gets curiouser and curiouser........ now the Foreign Office has issued a 'travel warning' for Ecuador.........

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...#travelSummary
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:11 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Holed up in the Ecuadourian Embassy.

Your thoughts?

Mine? Jumped up charges in Sweden, USA want him cos of the embarrassment of the leaks, which were made by US citizens.

Fair play to him I reckon, hope he gets to Ecuador.
Sweden is hardly a nation known for unfair trials and poor judicial procedures - if he is an innocent man he should get on a plane and face charges. His avoidance of that is a sign of guilt.

The fact that he's being supported by Latin American banana republics confirms he is a useful tool for people like Chavez and his Iranian buddies (who have massive influence in Latin America) to name a few. He's not exposed half of these dirty little countries as much as he has with the US/UK and allies. Either a witting or unwitting ally of the far left in my opinion.

If he sets foot outside the Embassy our police should arrest him and send him to Sweden...if he's innocent he will have nothing to fear there.

N.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:14 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Sweden is hardly a nation known for unfair trials and poor judicial procedures - if he is an innocent man he should get on a plane and face charges. His avoidance of that is a sign of guilt.

The fact that he's being supported by Latin American banana republics confirms he is a useful tool for people like Chavez and his Iranian buddies (who have massive influence in Latin America) to name a few. He's not exposed half of these dirty little countries as much as he has with the US/UK and allies. Either a witting or unwitting ally of the far left in my opinion.

If he sets foot outside the Embassy our police should arrest him and send him to Sweden...if he's innocent he will have nothing to fear there.

N.
'a useful tool' and a tool all on his own.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

bronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant future

Norm-uk, you took the words out of my mouth. Totally agree.
Let's face it, if it was you or me, we would be in the back of a black mariah before you could say 'hasta la vista baby'. What's good enough for us is good enough for him.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:23 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt he has done much wrong and seeing as several prominent people have risked their reputations on very publicly backing him I fear it could be a witchhunt. Only today in the Daily fail It has pictures of him with one of the Alleged abused several days after the event was supposed to of happened, But we will see.

I think the most important aspect to Assange whether you like him or not he was a constant thorn in the side of the Yanks. The fact they just love to cover things up and paint a happy picture be it a War, political espionage or Industrial **** ups Assange was the figure head of a website that showed the rest of the world what was really going on.

If you have not seen it I recommend spending 15 minutes of your life watching this -

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

This to me is truly shocking and may explain why the US would act the way it does to Wikileaks and Assange?
Old Aug 26th 2012, 12:37 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I doubt he has done much wrong and seeing as several prominent people have risked their reputations on very publicly backing him I fear it could be a witchhunt. Only today in the Daily fail It has pictures of him with one of the Alleged abused several days after the event was supposed to of happened, But we will see.

I think the most important aspect to Assange whether you like him or not he was a constant thorn in the side of the Yanks. The fact they just love to cover things up and paint a happy picture be it a War, political espionage or Industrial **** ups Assange was the figure head of a website that showed the rest of the world what was really going on.

If you have not seen it I recommend spending 15 minutes of your life watching this -

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

This to me is truly shocking and may explain why the US would act the way it does to Wikileaks and Assange?
Better a yank than an Iranian Mullah, North Korean or Red Latin American dictator.

I'm all for exposing crimes and monkey business but he's gone too far - leaking things that threatened security and stability.

N.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 4:13 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Much as I dislike the New Statesman there is a very good article, with links to facts, in it which (to my mind) very much shows that Assange has a case to answer, under Swedish law, and has dragged things out in the UK to the extent of taking the piss: http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/da...ge-extradition
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
spot on Norm
Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:51 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Much as I dislike the New Statesman there is a very good article, with links to facts, in it which (to my mind) very much shows that Assange has a case to answer, under Swedish law, and has dragged things out in the UK to the extent of taking the piss: http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/da...ge-extradition
I think the fact that 1 of the accusers is a raving feminist who has cried rape before (and wrote a book about males sleeping their way to the top) and the second one was publically pictured with him 2 days after the alleged event seems strange.............

The 1st one has now also left Sweden and according to some broadsheets lost interest in pursuing the matter.

All I know is he has mightily pissed off some important people, If he is guilty of Rape he should be castrated as all rapists should be but something seems fishy here.......................
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:18 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
All I know is he has mightily pissed off some important people, If he is guilty of Rape he should be castrated as all rapists should be but something seems fishy here.......................
So why not face his accusers? Yup summat fishy.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:35 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikewot
So why not face his accusers? Yup summat fishy.
He offered to do that either via video link or with Sweden's prosecutors at the Swedish Embassy or his Lawyers office. Both requests were refused. Why? If all they wanted to do was interview him why can't they do one of the above? Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Why has the Swedish government come out and categorically stated he will not be sent elsewhere if he goes to Sweden? Why?

He's also not been charged with anything yet, so innocent until proved guilty guys....
Old Aug 27th 2012, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

bronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant future

He OFFERED? There's nice of him. If a member of your family were sexually abused or raped, and he was a suspect, would you negotiate with him on his terms. The law is the law, and having a high public profile or money should have no bearing on it. This is a load of shite, and he should face the music. If he is innocent then that's that.
If he has annoyed and stolen from governments for what ever reason, he should also face upto the consequences. Everyone else has. This is not a matter of revealing secrets what he thinks the public should know, even though he puts a lot of people in danger in doing so. That is another matter and should not be confused.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
He offered to do that either via video link or with Sweden's prosecutors at the Swedish Embassy or his Lawyers office. Both requests were refused. Why?
Because neither represents the correct and due process of the law, that's why.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:13 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bronty
He OFFERED? There's nice of him. If a member of your family were sexually abused or raped, and he was a suspect, would you negotiate with him on his terms. The law is the law, and having a high public profile or money should have no bearing on it. This is a load of shite, and he should face the music. If he is innocent then that's that.
If he has annoyed and stolen from governments for what ever reason, he should also face upto the consequences. Everyone else has. This is not a matter of revealing secrets what he thinks the public should know, even though he puts a lot of people in danger in doing so. That is another matter and should not be confused.
Two completely different scenarios though, and they should be mutually exclusive.

So, say he goes to Sweden, is questioned, he wont get bail (Is there an Ecuadorian Embassy there?), and IF a pre arrangement has been made with the USA then what would you do in the situation?

He's not guilty at all, see posts above, would someone who had been raped be happy for a pic to be taken of her smiling and the rapist 48 hours later? Of course not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.