The Jubilee was a scam

Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:38 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Jubilee was a scam

Originally Posted by Scamp
- PC Was not able to choose his job. His point is valid.
- My Mum loves homeopathy, what you or I think about it is irrelevant, the NHS have enough idiots in management to make their own decisions.
- You may not like QT's architecture, but I can guarantee that a lot of people DO. Irrelevant.
- PC owns organic food? Nobody else thinks that is a good idea? Can you not choose to buy organic food or not? Irrelevant.
- Chelsea Barracks - he said he didn't like what the Candy's had designed. Opinion.
- Your last point is again, just your opinion.

His personal life, whilst remaining in the public eye, really has very little to do with anyone else but himself and his family / friends.

I agree that the Queen provides us with a near-perfect monarch, fully aware of the role she fulfills. PC is, I think, cut from the same cloth, but only time will tell. I hope the Queen has many more years.
All of these things would be fine if he were a private citizen. Alas he is not.

As a hereditary constitutional monarch it is simply wrong for him to be taking positions on controversial matters and applying pressure to government (letters to ministers etc.). In the Chelsea case he wrote a letter to the Al Thanis (the ultimate owners of the site) which meant by protocol (of reciprocal sycophancy of feudal monarchies - the same thing that has enabled that obviously fabricated Bastakiya myth to take hold) they had to intervene in his favour. This was completely underhanded and unethical behaviour from any public figure, much less the unelected HoS in waiting.

Worse yet is that it is an outrageous conflict of interest for him to use his inherited public platform to promote completely unscientific (and potentially dangerous) claims that directly support his own business interests. MPs and peers have to declare a register of interests and recuse themselves from matters that affect their personal business. The head of state - especially an unelected one - should be held to an even higher standard. As it is, as heir he is allowed to ride roughshod and unchallenged over all standard rules of ethics in public life.

Forcing the NHS to spend large amounts of time and money evaluating homeopathy and other "alternative therapies" which have already been thoroughly discredited is a criminal waste of very scarce taxpayer resources. That money could be funding the latest cancer treatments or better care for dementia patients. That it is happening all because of the ignorant vanity of one of Britain's richest men, who is also the beneficiary of the public purse, should have people reacting in the time-honoured Brisitsh fashion: with a riot!

Whether or not people like Quinlan Terry's architecture is not the point; the point is that the heir to the throne has no place promoting him above others whose work has been subject to the public planning process.

The queen makes it all look too easy. It isn't and this nicompoop is clearly not up to the job. And there is no constitutional way to get rid of him.....

Last edited by Miss Anne Thrope; Jun 11th 2012 at 7:40 am.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope

As a hereditary constitutional monarch it is simply wrong for him to be taking positions on controversial matters and applying pressure to government (letters to ministers etc.). In the Chelsea case he wrote a letter to the Al Thanis (the ultimate owners of the site) which meant by protocol (of reciprocal sycophancy of feudal monarchies - the same thing that has enabled that obviously fabricated Bastakiya myth to take hold) they had to intervene in his favour. This was completely underhanded and unethical behaviour from any public figure, much less the unelected HoS in waiting.

Worse yet is that it is an outrageous conflict of interest for him to use his inherited public platform to promote completely unscientific (and potentially dangerous) claims that directly support his own business interests. MPs and peers have to declare a register of interests and recuse themselves from matters that affect their personal business. The head of state - especially an unelected one - should be held to an even higher standard. As it is, as heir he is allowed to ride roughshod and unchallenged over all standard rules of ethics in public life.

Forcing the NHS to spend large amounts of time and money evaluating homeopathy and other "alternative therapies" which have already been thoroughly discredited is a criminal waste of very scarce taxpayer resources. That money could be funding the latest cancer treatments or better care for dementia patients. That it is happening all because of the ignorant vanity of one of Britain's richest men, who is also the beneficiary of the public purse, should have people reacting in the time-honoured Brisitsh fashion: with a riot!

Whether or not people like Quinlan Terry's architecture is not the point; the point is that the heir to the throne has no place promoting him above others whose work has been subject to the public planning process.

The queen makes it all look too easy. It isn't and this nicompoop is clearly not up to the job. And there is no constitutional way to get rid of him.....
All of the above is basically your opinion on things that he has done / not done.

What's your opinion on something like the Prince's Trust?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:31 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

All of the above is basically your opinion on things that he has done / not done.

What's your opinion on something like the Prince's Trust?
opinion is irrelevant its a matter of protocol, something the queen understands very well which he singularly fails to.
the monarchy has no political opinion, policy opinion or any other opinion or position officially
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
opinion is irrelevant its a matter of protocol, something the queen understands very well which he singularly fails to.
the monarchy has no political opinion, policy opinion or any other opinion or position officially
I think the bloke is allowed an opinion. I fail to see whether you or I agree with it has any real relevance when he has zero power to make a new law / rule / whatever.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I think the bloke is allowed an opinion. I fail to see whether you or I agree with it has any real relevance when he has zero power to make a new law / rule / whatever.
that's the problem he exerts power and influence hence the protocol for the monarchy not having opinions.
the queen in 60 years has yet to give an interview or say anything publicly that wasn't fairly banal, the last time she did it was an annus horribilus that she lived to regret
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:51 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Ah yes........... the vote on becoming independent from England (let's be honest)....... while remaining in the European Union........

By the way, if my country (the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) is going to be broken up, shouldn't everyone get a vote? It's just as important to residents in Gloucester as those in Glasgow..........
Only robber Barons in Scotland and England got a vote when James became King of Scotland and King of England. The future of the union will now be decided by only robber politicians (and a former James Bond who watches too much Mel Gibson) and their spin in Scotland it seems.

A real democratic move would be to put it to vote throughout the entire Union...and anyone with a brain would know Scotland would suffer in the EU, just like Ireland have.

N.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
that's the problem he exerts power and influence hence the protocol for the monarchy not having opinions.
the queen in 60 years has yet to give an interview or say anything publicly that wasn't fairly banal, the last time she did it was an annus horribilus that she lived to regret
I understand your point. Do you think he will be a poor King?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:58 am
**** it we'll do it live

I understand your point. Do you think he will be a poor King?
ten-15 years ago yes, now less so but i do think he will **** up spectacularly at least a couple of times, doesnt have much sense let alone common
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute

As a hereditary constitutional monarch it is simply wrong for him to be taking positions on controversial matters and applying pressure to government (letters to ministers etc.). In the Chelsea case he wrote a letter to the Al Thanis (the ultimate owners of the site) which meant by protocol (of reciprocal sycophancy of feudal monarchies - the same thing that has enabled that
obviously fabricated Bastakiya myth to take hold) they had to intervene in his favour.

This was NOT fabricated. I saw the Petition, know the person who wrote it and we watched while it was delivered into the British Embassy. We also were kept informed of its progress throughout the weekend. It was a very big deal at the time, and luckily worked.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
...and anyone with a brain would know Scotland would suffer in the EU, just like Ireland have.

N.
Exactly how has Ireland suffered due to the EU? Evidently the Irish voters who have just ratified the fiscal stability treaty don't feel the same way.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly how has Ireland suffered due to the EU? Evidently the Irish voters who have just ratified the fiscal stability treaty don't feel the same way.
Come off it - they just know that if they voted "NO", the same thing would happen as last time - they'd be told they were 'too small' to derail the Euro project, so they must vote again and again until they 'get it right' - a disgraceful and contemptuous denial of democracy to the proud people of a proud country.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by BinCat

As a hereditary constitutional monarch it is simply wrong for him to be taking positions on controversial matters and applying pressure to government (letters to ministers etc.). In the Chelsea case he wrote a letter to the Al Thanis (the ultimate owners of the site) which meant by protocol (of reciprocal sycophancy of feudal monarchies - the same thing that has enabled that
obviously fabricated Bastakiya myth to take hold) they had to intervene in his favour.

This was NOT fabricated. I saw the Petition, know the person who wrote it and we watched while it was delivered into the British Embassy. We also were kept informed of its progress throughout the weekend. It was a very big deal at the time, and luckily worked.
I bow to your direct knowledge of the situation. I would still question whether this was the significant factor in the rebuilding of Bastakiya (as it was mostly bulldozed anyway). I suspect the commercial case for having a preserved area for tourism was the ultimate clincher. No locals I know are aware of Charles' role in preserving Bastakiya, for example.

However, if Charles' intervention helped then good for him. Similarly the Price's Trust is a good thing. But neither of these would seem to justify his existence being pretty much the minimum somebody in his position could do. His first wife, as dubious as her behaviour was in many respects, certainly did a lot more in less time to help more people than he has ever done.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:30 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Scotland would suffer in the EU, just like Ireland have.
N.
Describe the suffering Ireland have had with the EU? This is a new and novel concept to most Irish people
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Describe the suffering Ireland have had with the EU? This is a new and novel concept to most Irish people
3-1 last night.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:40 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

3-1 last night.
Well we have received the same suffering world wide, so that's not exclusive to the EU.
However since we have gone down this route, I will pay more attention to tonight's game, there maybe more suffering ahead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.