Journey from hell

Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Journey from hell

My taxi driver last night appeared to be getting me home on a wing and a prayer and managed to get me from Lamcy Plaza to Tecom in just 12 minutes-(normally it takes 20-25) and the road wasnt even clear just his weaving/flashing/driving like Nigel mansel technique. I did close my eyes for about 8 of those minutes and I could have ground diamonds I was clenched so tight.

I do seem to have had some corkers this ramadan, weaving across the lines like frogger, emergency stopping every 50 yards then flooring it, turning round to talk to me (sat in the back in brace position)as well as the driving like a bat out of hell and I don't remember it being this bad in previous years, or perhaps i have just deleted those journeys from my memory.

So are there any tips for getting the taxi drivers to take a bit more care as saying 'can you slow down' doesnt seem to be working.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:52 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Journey from hell

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
My taxi driver last night appeared to be getting me home on a wing and a prayer and managed to get me from Lamcy Plaza to Tecom in just 12 minutes-(normally it takes 20-25) and the road wasnt even clear just his weaving/flashing/driving like Nigel mansel technique. I did close my eyes for about 8 of those minutes and I could have ground diamonds I was clenched so tight.

I do seem to have had some corkers this ramadan, weaving across the lines like frogger, emergency stopping every 50 yards then flooring it, turning round to talk to me (sat in the back in brace position)as well as the driving like a bat out of hell and I don't remember it being this bad in previous years, or perhaps i have just deleted those journeys from my memory.

So are there any tips for getting the taxi drivers to take a bit more care as saying 'can you slow down' doesnt seem to be working.
Take their badge number and say you are going to report them for driving dangerously.

Sometimes I hate civillisation - if we were savages we could beat smaller people into polite submission and good manners.

N.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:52 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Reach in and put your hands over his eyes as he drives, see how crazy he really is
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:20 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

make a point of calling the cops with his badge number when your in the cab, i find they tend to drive superbly about three rings into that gambit
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You just aren't firm enough kittycat1. If he doesn't do as he is told the first time, tell him you will report him and if he still doesn't call the RTA there and then.

You don't ask; you tell them. This is your safety we're talking about and you are paying for the service.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

>salutes meow< Yes ma'am!

Ok I must not be nice, firm and stroppy it is!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Spray some deodrant at him , they fu**ing hate that stuff....
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not stroppy, but I am the boss and refuse to be messed around by taxi drivers. I find that 90% are just fine, many are very nice, but the odd one needs to have things explained to him. I never shout or swear, but don't need to...
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oo meow- sorry i didnt mean that you were stroppy- you do firm well, I need to work on it- so stroppy and firm it is! lets see if I make it home tonight- inshallah!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

I fully realise this is bluesky wishful thinking, but..... can you do a deal with a "safe" driver to collect you every day ? I know workload dictates a finsih time but if you generally finish at the same time most days wouldn't a driver be happy of the regular fare ?

Failing that, just scream your tonsils off till he slows down....
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:33 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can I pop round?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Kitty, it really is about time you got your own car.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lala- buying a car is too much of a commitment to this place- forever one foot out the door, buying a car means im staying which would possibly freak me out! and hiring is more expensive than taxis.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bahtatboy- yeah of course- I mean NO- said firmly and stroppily
Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:23 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bahtatboy- yeah of course- I mean NO- said firmly and stroppily
Dribble...