Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Jordan, is it the new holiday destination for every one?

Wikiposts

Jordan, is it the new holiday destination for every one?

Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:19 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Jordan, is it the new holiday destination for every one?

Just came back from Jordan (Amman), best vacation ever. Went from the best nights out in West Amman to climbing Petra Mountains, and camping in the desert at Wadi Rum. The dead sea by it self was an experience. The weather in the summer is just perfect.
Any one else visited the Kingdom recently?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jordan, is it the new holiday destination for every one?

Originally Posted by Tiger989
Just came back from Jordan (Amman), best vacation ever. Went from the best nights out in West Amman to climbing Petra Mountains, and camping in the desert at Wadi Rum. The dead sea by it self was an experience. The weather in the summer is just perfect.
I haven't been to Jordan but would love to visit!!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:00 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

I went to petra recently but only stayed one night as I was doing my saudi visa run,I will deffo be going back great place and people.I also have done a same day visa run and just went round amman and hired a driver to take me to St,Georges church and that place were you can look out over the Jordan valley,stunning views.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

One of my daughter's best mates from school is Jordanian and he tells me we should go there all the time. He's always off there on holidays - tells me he loves it there because the women are very hot - he's 11 years old!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Going there tomorrow as it happens...

I go there quite frequently with work but don't get to see much. But yes the dead sea is nice and Amman has some great bars and nightclubs. In the office I go the women are lovley too.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:32 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kim67
tells me he loves it there because the women are very hot - he's 11 years old!!!!
Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
In the office I go the women are lovley too.
Thats true. The women there are very friendly and very open minded. And alot of them are hot.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:34 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Went there in June - was great. I didn't get a chance to do Wadi Rum as I was there for a wedding so lots of dinners but will go back again next year maybe
Petra was just awesome
Great food and great people in Jordan
Old Aug 8th 2009, 1:58 am
Just Joined

ladymuck is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm slightly biased cause my husband's Jordanian but I think it's a great country. The roman ruins in Jerash are very impressive.

The north of the country reminded me of the Dales. People there love the British as well, just mention the Royal family connection.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Thats true. The women there are very friendly and very open minded. And alot of them are hot.

dont they all wear the black garb over there then?
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
dont they all wear the black garb over there then?

Well the christians certainly don't...
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Well the christians certainly don't...
All 6% of them???
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladymuck
I'm slightly biased cause my husband's Jordanian but I think it's a great country. The roman ruins in Jerash are very impressive.

The north of the country reminded me of the Dales. People there love the British as well, just mention the Royal family connection.
What Royal family connection???
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
All 6% of them???
Correct! Although I must confess, I thought it was higher than that.

But generally, in terms of its culture it's more like The Lebanon than the GCC.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Correct! Although I must confess, I thought it was higher than that.

But generally, in terms of its culture it's more like The Lebanon than the GCC.
Have you been to both places???
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius
Have you been to both places???

You have got me there... No. the point I'm making (badly) is that it's not really like the GCC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.