British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Jollies!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/jollies-461640/)

Blue Cat Jun 27th 2007 8:05 am

Jollies!!

what are everyones plans for the summer :)

Fairydust Jun 27th 2007 8:14 am

Re: Jollies!!

Going to UK etc on 19 jul back on 7th aug

Was going to take Junior to Muscat for a few days when we got back but don't know whether to bother after recent events - don't know the scale of damage - should find out I suppose

Blue Cat Jun 27th 2007 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 4974498)
Going to UK etc on 19 jul back on 7th aug

Was going to take Junior to Muscat for a few days when we got back but don't know whether to bother after recent events - don't know the scale of damage - should find out I suppose

nice! I am sure Muscat will be back together by then. Apparently the Rotana in Fujeirah have got a deal on for 200 dhs! I am going to look into that.

twinkle-star Jun 27th 2007 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4974471)
what are everyones plans for the summer :)

Oh i thought this was about Ange and Brad.........:(

Staying in a hotel in Abu Dhabi richest capital of somewhere or other....:confused:

Might jet back home for a couple of weeks to increase my carbon footprint and help support the global warming fund.....:thumbsup:

Fairydust Jun 27th 2007 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4974509)
nice! I am sure Muscat will be back together by then. Apparently the Rotana in Fujeirah have got a deal on for 200 dhs! I am going to look into that.

Was down at Al Aqua a couple of weeks ago - Junior did the scuba diving stuff in the pool but as she wasn't 10 then so couldn't do a sea dive so promised I would take her back to do that - was seriously humid down there though far worse than here and that was 2 weeks ago

Fairydust Jun 27th 2007 8:21 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 4974515)
Oh i thought this was about Ange and Brad.........:(

Well I'm Ang :lol:

twinkle-star Jun 27th 2007 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 4974527)
Well I'm Ang :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Found you pole dancing audition tape........:lol: You have to watch it all through!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A68-0_WHCTo

Madam Medusa Jun 27th 2007 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4974509)
Apparently the Rotana in Fujeirah have got a deal on for 200 dhs! I am going to look into that.

is that hotel any good BC...?

MM, xx

Blue Cat Jun 27th 2007 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4974658)

MM, xx

its brand new, I just checked on their website and it is silly monies but i was on the radio that they are having a summer special. Supposed to be good, they were talking about it on the mummy side :rofl:

twinkle-star Jun 27th 2007 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4974692)
its brand new, I just checked on their website and it is silly monies but i was on the radio that they are having a summer special. Supposed to be good, they were talking about it on the mummy side :rofl:

Wheres...Fujeirah??

Fairydust Jun 27th 2007 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4974658)

MM, xx

We stayed in hotel next door and looking from our balcony the grounds of Meridien looked much better - rotana is a low rise - reminded me a bit of a motel type layout - didn't go in to have a look though!!

Madam Medusa Jun 27th 2007 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 4974973)
We stayed in hotel next door and looking from our balcony the grounds of Meridien looked much better - rotana is a low rise - reminded me a bit of a motel type layout - didn't go in to have a look though!!

so you reckon the Meridien is the best then? any good for kids...?

MM, xx

Blue Cat Jun 27th 2007 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4974998)

MM, xx

I haven't heard a bad word about the Meridien :)

Madam Medusa Jun 27th 2007 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4975001)
I haven't heard a bad word about the Meridien :)

ok, lovely, i'm gonna check it out then...

MM, xx

Fairydust Jun 27th 2007 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4974998)

MM, xx

Well there is a kids penguin club - not sure what age it is from though but the staff in there seem pretty good and have different things organised for them! Can be verrrrrrrrrry amusing who you see down there :eek::eek: Lets just say if anyone is thinking of a bit of dabbling it is so not the place to go.