Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

John Lewis stocks hijabs as school uniform

John Lewis stocks hijabs as school uniform

Old Aug 19th 2014, 11:40 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Lewis stocks hijabs as school uniform

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
oh don't be ridiculously naive. you are better than that. atrocities committed by muslim extremists in iraq are no more representative of the average muslim than atrocities committed in the CAR by the Anti-balaka christians are representative of the average christian.
I didn't say or imply they were, and if you inferred it you need to re-read what I wrote. I just find the silence about numerous atrocities done in Allah's name incomprehensible when compared with the uproar about other acts(Norm's example of a cartoon in particular).

Again, I'm not singling out Muslims. The myopia of the Roman Catholic church's actions in sub-Saharan Africa should draw condemnation from other Christians but, to my knowledge, doesn't. However, proscribing condom use is several steps away from pulling a trigger, despite what Freddie sang.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Then why are they almost universally silent about the atrocities that are committed in their name? They know how the west feels about what happens in their name. Muslims in UK bring London to a standstill to protest what's happening in Gaza, and yet AFAIK not a whisper about what's happening in Syria. This is part of what creates a divide.
The situation of Syria is different in that it is President Assad himself the initial problem, not the creation of another State that has created refugees etc. (Many would agree faults on both sides in that conflict).
Hundreds of Muslims took aid to Syria in convoys, Muslim doctors went.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 11:43 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
I agree that ordinary Muslims are mostly unable to deal with extremists for varying reasons.
But disagree in that there is still stereotyping from those who believe all they read in newspapers etc. and do not actually know personally any of the people they describe. As shown in this very thread!!
Most of the views in this thread come from people who live and work alongside Muslims everyday and who live in Islamic nations. I'd say the views are not in fact formed by rabid newspapers but but personal and direct experience
Old Aug 19th 2014, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Most of the views in this thread come from people who live and work alongside Muslims everyday and who live in Islamic nations. I'd say the views are not in fact formed by rabid newspapers but but personal and direct experience
Absolutely "Islamic nations".
I have lived for decades in a country with the world's 3rd largest number of Muslims, but Muslims of varying groups and degrees of strictness, (and a country which also suffers from terrorists) and so possibly get a different view from yourself.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:25 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The situation of Syria is different in that it is President Assad himself the initial problem, not the creation of another State that has created refugees etc. (Many would agree faults on both sides in that conflict).
Hundreds of Muslims took aid to Syria in convoys, Muslim doctors went.
Bollocks it isn't in respect that there's atrocities of the same gravity as those committed in WW2 being committed by Muslims in the name of Allah and the Muslim community is virtually silent. Don't go ****ing splitting hairs about who started it, look at what's happening.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
Even though you're a class A idiot, your point in the above ramble isn't that stupid. I was taught RE at secondary school by an Atheist. We were educated about all different religions so we could understand them, know the differences and be aware of what they're all about.

For the last year we were taught by the school Rev. It was painful and full of slights (not openly critical but you could tell his views) about how other religions were wrong / not as good / Christianity was better etc etc.

Adults shouldn't force anything on their kids apart from manners, respect and to be a decent human being. If those rules come from the Bible or any other religious text then fine, but like many others if I'm lucky enough to have kids one day they'll be taught some simple rules based on being a good person, not because the Bible says 'love thy neighbour' etc.

So basically you are not against indoctrination of children in general but you are against religious indoctrination. Fair enough, but judging by your manners, it seems that your parents have missed out on indoctrinating you with the manner that says, to make a point in a discussion you don’t need to be ill-mannered.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
would you please just **** off

and no i cant be bothered debating anymore, its a colossal waste of energy.

I can only hope that one day you wake up and realize what utter ****ing shite you spout endlessly.
I also hope that one day you visit the home of your religion and get the eye opening you so deserve. why, you might ask. well because ive seen more than one bradford stalwart muslim arrive in these shores and realize what a thundering **** they are and just how misguided their view of islam actually is

The reason why you always behave like that with me is obviously because of your felling of being a lesser man than me, as you have never been able to counter any argument I’ve made so far. That is why you resort to this kind of street language, apparently something you’d picked up from that ghetto you came from.

Not only that, you have also failed to prove that you are a man, a man who is capable of defending himself, his family, or his country when I made a claim about you, see this thread which you so shamefully and cowardly avoided.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-.../#post11284131

I am also not going to trade swear words with you since you are obviously used to being sweared at all the time, to the extent that you have lost what it takes a decent person to be insulted, and that’s why you now fell immune when insulting others.

But let me tell this, throughout my life I have dealt wide verities of people, ranging from the intellectuals where I used my brain power to deal with, all the way down to the dung eaters and maggots, where my brain power was not needed, I just stump on them and kick them out of the way just like dirt.

And speaking of dirt, if ever Scotland is going to be independent, the first task it will have to do then is clean off the clinging dirt
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikewot
I cannot be fagged to dispute your assertion about islam, it is no doubt bollocks as usual. I just want to ask you a question (I'm a glutton for punishment because I know that if you answer it'll be paragraphs of off topic waffle with no content). Is the growth of islam connected to ISIS, and other muslim groups like boko haram, in their methods of persuading and indoctrinating people into the faith? Do you believe that this is the way in which the world should be unified under islam?
What I always try to avoid discussing in this forum (unless there is a very good reason for) is politics, primarily because of the sheer naivety most of you have about the Middle East, which is not surprising if someone’s main source of information is the western media (specially the BBC). Also, on my part, I simply don’t have much time on my hand to indulge in these kinds of discussions, as I am more interested in ethics rather than politics (something you don not seem able to differentiate between). Besides, given the wide spectrum of people’s qualities on this forum, ranging from the decent ones all the way down to the scums, I have on many occasions shied away from indulging in a discussion and expressing a viewpoint simply to avoid the filth that could come out from the latter.

Regarding your question about ISIS, can you categorically deny that this organization is not a British invention, produced to infiltrate the jihadists in this region? Given the history of how the English dealt with their foes, I tend to be very skeptic of that organization and their origin. Just look back at how the English dealt with the IRA and you’ll see where I am coming from. The third top man in the IRA who even helped plot attacks on mainland Britain was actually an English spy! He is now living somewhere in the world after been given a false identity and smuggled out of Ireland. That’s why I am saying, keep politics away from the discussion because it is a dirty business.

Before you complain about why Muslims not reacting to the ISIS atrocities, why don’t you just ask your governments why don’t they just take them on? A few of days of air campaign can easily wipe them out. You see, your governments do not want that because that would disturb the balance of power in the region, therefore the ISIS card should remain on the table for future negotiations. Today in the news, the US made air raids and managed to dislodge ISIS from the Dam area ONLY, why? Obviously because there are economical reasons for that raid, nothing more!!

As for those who talk about Muslims not condemning atrocities, they obviously are not in touch with reality. They have no clue what and how many Muslim organizations there are in the UK and what they write or publish.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Absolutely "Islamic nations".
I have lived for decades in a country with the world's 3rd largest number of Muslims, but Muslims of varying groups and degrees of strictness, (and a country which also suffers from terrorists) and so possibly get a different view from yourself.

You talk well Bipat, any chance knowing your religious affiliation, if you have any?
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:47 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by redShark
The reason why you always behave like that with me is obviously because of your felling of being a lesser man than me Believe me, sunshine, nobody on here feels a lesser man than you, including most of the women, as you have never been able to counter any argument I’ve made so far Because you don't make any, just words strung illogically together. That is why you resort to this kind of street language, apparently something you’d picked up from that ghetto you came from.

Not only that, you have also failed to prove that you are a man, a man who is capable of defending himself, his family, or his country when I made a claim about you, see this thread which you so shamefully and cowardly avoided You have the reputation on here for avoiding any question which you can't or don't want to answer, which is the vast majority of them. Not responding to you--or to anyone--is not the measure of a man. You need to open your incredibly narrow brain to see what it is that makes a man--its not pride about yourself, which when scratched by the merest prick explodes and leaves you in tatters. You're very evidently in tatters.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-.../#post11284131

I am also not going to trade swear words with you since you are obviously used to being sweared at all the time, to the extent that you have lost what it takes a decent person to be insulted, and that’s why you now fell immune when insulting others. You should learn about sticks and stones. You might also want to learn about English, and its rich history of swear words: they're part of the lexicon, part of the landscape, they make English varied and expressive. Calling you a dick works on several levels. I suggest you get one of your friends who speaks the language properly to explain to you.

But let me tell this, throughout my life I have dealt wide verities of people, ranging from the intellectuals where I used my brain power to deal with I don't know why you bother, your writing and thought processes prove beyond doubt that you're not capable of holding your own against an eight year-old; god knows who you consider to be an intellectual, all the way down to the dung eaters and maggots, where my brain power was not needed, I just stump on them and kick them out of the way just like dirt So as a respectful Muslim that's your approach?--stamp on anyone who you consider to be of lower intellect You really are a pitiful piece of shit.

And speaking of dirt, if ever Scotland is going to be independent, the first task it will have to do then is clean off the clinging dirt
What a twat.

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Aug 19th 2014 at 2:49 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:56 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Scamp
How do I vote for you to be World President?
My time's coming, watch this space.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bollocks it isn't in respect that there's atrocities of the same gravity as those committed in WW2 being committed by Muslims in the name of Allah and the Muslim community is virtually silent. Don't go ****ing splitting hairs about who started it, look at what's happening.
With respect, I think President Assad action was more about power than anything else. (He can call it in the name of anyone you like.)
As I said above, there are many Muslim based, relief actions for Syria in the UK.

Last edited by Bipat; Aug 19th 2014 at 4:01 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Indeed, but to a man (or woman) we are constantly required to add caveats to any comments we make about Muslims or Islam for fear of being called intolerant, racist or singling out one group only.

It does get tiresome -0 especially as most of the people who protest are not even Muslims. It reminds me of the white middle class in Britain who get offended on behalf of virtually everyone (except the white working class whom they despise) even when the people they are getting offended for are silent or don't care.

N.
Are you saying only Muslims should protest on behalf of Muslims??? Only Sikhs should be horrified at the fate Afghani Sikhs locked up in the container at Tilbury docks. Or could you not believe it is people protesting on behalf of others regardless of faith, nationality, class etc.
(I find that on expat sites it is the white middle class people who are able to live abroad who do most of the condemning, which having discovered the forum was a great surprise to myself)
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

What a twat.

You know something, ever since my first confrontation with you on this forum, the more your expressed your opinion about Islam, the Middle east, the more you exposed your shallowness of thinking and your profound incompetence in being able to make sense of the world you currently live in. That is not a big problem since not all men are of equal strength, but what intrigues me is your insistence on choosing that picture of a lion to represent your quality which is quite unfair to the reputation of lions. Given your apparent limited comprehension capabilities, but at the same time, your unique ability to quickly hop from one subject to another I’d have expected some modesty from you by changing that picture of a lion into a picture of a different animal, the one that is very small in size but with similar hoping characteristics. but off course, you don’t seem to take a note of those observations. Therefore to find a common solution that would satisfy both you and the authentic lions I’ve come up with a nickname for you, something that will be fair for both, you and the lions, I am going to call you the Vegetarian lion.

I will let you into this secret, Mr. unauthentic lion. Some time ago I stopped coming to this forum because I was very busy with life. I then received a message from a member here asking me why have I left the forum and requesting me to come back and not to be bothered with the noisy idiots here as, according to him, I apparently seem to have many silent followers here. We soon became friends and soon many other members started messaging me and exchanging jokes about what they called the idiots. They specifically told me to have ago at specific individuals here using my style of bashing because they really enjoyed it. In fact they even sent me a list of names they wanted to have a laugh at and your name surprisingly enough was the second on the list (the other idiot was the first). But I told them that my aim in this forum was not to bash at any one unless he/she deserves it. I'd rather like discussing ideas and ideologies because human ideologies are like hidden treasures that can be discoverable through debates and discussions.

But you know what, who knows, I might change my mind because bashing at the vulnerable actually does make the show really enjoyable.

That Scotish idiot is a real trouble, don’t you think so, this is a second time someone comes to his aid and end up himself getting into trouble! What a bunch of *(%^$£
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:16 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
You know something, ever since my first confrontation with you on this forum, the more your expressed your opinion about Islam, the Middle east, the more you exposed your shallowness of thinking and your profound incompetence in being able to make sense of the world you currently live in. That is not a big problem since not all men are of equal strength, but what intrigues me is your insistence on choosing that picture of a lion to represent your quality which is quite unfair to the reputation of lions. Given your apparent limited comprehension capabilities, but at the same time, your unique ability to quickly hop from one subject to another I’d have expected some modesty from you by changing that picture of a lion into a picture of a different animal, the one that is very small in size but with similar hoping characteristics. but off course, you don’t seem to take a note of those observations. Therefore to find a common solution that would satisfy both you and the authentic lions I’ve come up with a nickname for you, something that will be fair for both, you and the lions, I am going to call you the Vegetarian lion.

I will let you into this secret, Mr. unauthentic lion. Some time ago I stopped coming to this forum because I was very busy with life. I then received a message from a member here asking me why have I left the forum and requesting me to come back and not to be bothered with the noisy idiots here as, according to him, I apparently seem to have many silent followers here. We soon became friends and soon many other members started messaging me and exchanging jokes about what they called the idiots. They specifically told me to have ago at specific individuals here using my style of bashing because they really enjoyed it. In fact they even sent me a list of names they wanted to have a laugh at and your name surprisingly enough was the second on the list (the other idiot was the first). But I told them that my aim in this forum was not to bash at any one unless he/she deserves it. I'd rather like discussing ideas and ideologies because human ideologies are like hidden treasures that can be discoverable through debates and discussions.

But you know what, who knows, I might change my mind because bashing at the vulnerable actually does make the show really enjoyable.

That Scotish idiot is a real trouble, don’t you think so, this is a second time someone comes to his aid and end up himself getting into trouble! What a bunch of *(%^$£
You have yet to answer any question asked of you in any thread by any poster

You refuse to answer the question "have you even visited an Islamic country"

You are more blinkered and wilfully ignorant than any ****ing idiot I have ever met

Frankly you annoy the shit out of me with your constant and never ****ing ending reference to a religion you are a foreigner to and one who seems to misunderstand it and most of its non "European" adherents

I swear at you because I can, because those words are in fact ancient parts of the language and because they carry an unmistakable sense of annoyance. They also very conveniently act as an insult that is fully intended to both your language and religious sensitivities.

So allow me to close by telling you to go **** yourself, preferably with something like a cactus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.